Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by uva185
Is this directed at me?
Does it need to be?

Originally Posted by uva185
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Will cameras be allowed on the IAD Tour?
Have not heard to the contrary, so I'd say it's okay. If memory serves there will areas or boards that you are not permitted to photograph which they will tell us about.
Old May 6, 2010, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Please don't shoot the attendee, but I've switched my hotel to the Marriott at Metro Center. When I started thinking about both evening events being in the city plus the breast cancer walk on Sunday, I decided that it made more sense to stay in the city than out at the Keybridge (although I think I can kiss my lovely upgrade goodbye, as the hotel is almost completely full).

My ride to Hillwood on Sat was also picking up some folk at the Park Hyatt, so if need be I can make my way to the PH (wherever that is) or even out to Keybridge just for a pick-up if that makes it easier. And similar w/ brunch on Sunday. I'll let myride for IAD tomorrow know of the change & sort out where is easiest to meet up.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sharon - PM JenGal about your change of hotel - otherwise the Park Hyatt (us) is at 24th & M NW (West End)
Old May 6, 2010, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mhnadel
I just wanted to verify that the Smithsonian option on Saturday afternoon was cancelled due to not enough people, right? I don't remember seeing a final verdict on it and need to know how early in the day I need to get some other things done by.
I was registered for Saturning morning tour which was cancelled. GrizShel indicated that in total there were only 6 people for both morning and afternoon tours (Hillwood stole all the spotlight from the free public ones). With GrizShel needing min 5 people firm for the afternoon tour and him being out of town on Saturday, it is extremely high possibility that it was cancelled. I agonized for the longest time whether to go on the afternoon tour but decided against it due to other prior commitments.

I decided to save my legs for Sunday Breast Cancer Walk. By the way, SkiAdcock just hit a nice $3K fundraising goal and moved into #5 fundraising spot among all registered D.C. event walkers. You go SkiAdcock! ^

Last edited by fungirl; May 6, 2010 at 8:05 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 6, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I'll be walking on Sunday too. Looking forward to it. Hope we can find each other as it looks to be a good crowd. Can someone snag me a medium T on Friday?

Terry
Old May 6, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by fungirl
GrizShel indicated that in total there were only 6 people for both morning and afternoon tours (Hillwood stole all the spotlight from the free public ones). With GrizShel needing min 5 people firm for the afternoon tour and him being out of town on Saturday, it is extremely high possibility that it was cancelled. I agonized for the longest time whether to go on the afternoon tour but decided against it due to other prior commitments.
His PM back to me said, essentially, that it is cancelled. Just as well from my standpoint as I have some things I really should be doing during the day on Saturday.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
We checked into our luxurious rooms at the Renaissance DuPont Circle a couple hours ago and received a superb goodie bag with about everything* you could possibly ask for.

Very classy and unexpected and a big thank you to, I assume, GoingAway!

*Well, a prepaid Amex card would have come in handy too but I digress.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
We checked into our luxurious rooms at the Renaissance DuPont Circle a couple hours ago and received a superb goodie bag with about everything* you could possibly ask for.

Very classy and unexpected and a big thank you to, I assume, GoingAway!
Where's my goodie bag?
Old May 7, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
Where's my goodie bag?
Patience, patience. It took GoingAway and I (with telephonic participation by Condition One) a bit over 2 hours last night to deliver out-of-towners' bags to DC & NoVA hotels. Locals who are attending dinner will be able to collect their bags either at the IAD tour later today or the bags will be delivered tonight at Capital City Brewing Co.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Patience, patience. It took us a bit over 2 hours last night to deliver out-of-towners' bags to DC & NoVA hotels.
Thanks once again for this.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Patience, patience. It took GoingAway and I (with telephonic participation by Condition One) a bit over 2 hours last night to deliver out-of-towners' bags to DC & NoVA hotels. Locals who are attending dinner will be able to collect their bags either at the IAD tour later today or the bags will be delivered tonight at Capital City Brewing Co.
... and might I note that we got an intro here and there to areas of the city we haven't seen in a long time Y'all decided to distribute yourselves all over the place

WELCOME TO DC, EVERYONE!! and Happy Friday .... this morning is the IAD Tour and this evening Capitol City happy hour ... hope we'll see you at one or more events.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoingAway
WELCOME TO DC, EVERYONE!! and Happy Friday .... this morning is the IAD Tour and this evening Capitol City happy hour ... hope we'll see you at one or more events.
It will be great seeing you all very soon [at the IAD Tour].

Thanks everyone for organizing this!
Old May 7, 2010, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Be great seeing everyone at IAD & later at the beer place. I'm going to check into my hotel after the IAD tour. With the aforementioned goodie bag, have something to look for when I get there See everyone soon!

Cheers.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A big thank you to GoingAway and Condition One for the great party favors.

If there is anybody around not going out to IAD for the UA thing, we have an extra ticket for the Holocaust Museum admission at 230PM today.

If you would like to have the ticket and join us, send me a PM with your Cell#.
Old May 7, 2010, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Folks - just talked to the UA guy and we are in for a treat today - see you all in awhile, this tour will be great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.