Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by holtju2
What are these Malliott's? To my understanding all who matters are staying at the Park Hyatt.
You got it wrong this time. The important crowd is staying at that Renaissance a couple of blocks away.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
A - I had my hotel reservations before ever hearing about the DO, since I have a conference to attend, with events for that conference going on at Wardman Park;

B - Wardman Park puts me in true suites 80% of my stays there;

and

C - I have stayed at the Renaissance M Street, Dupont Circle, and I am not a fan of the rooms, most of them are small.

So, I would say the people who matter are staying at Wardman Park! LOL
Old May 4, 2010, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Those who are saving $$ are staying at the Keybridge Marriott, whether it matters or not

Just checked the weather: supposed to be 80s (and presumably humid) Thurs/Fri but dropping to 68 Sat/Sun.

Ok, time to go for a walk to prepare for Sunday's breast cancer walk, and also chase down a few folk who said they'd donate, as I want to hit my goal.

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Now that the "who has the biggest, best or whatever" is over ... a quick note that REGISTRATION is CLOSED. This time for real, no extensions or exceptions. The final agreement with the venues have been executed and we've max'ed or have come very close to maxing out the capacity at each event we offered that required registration.

FRIDAY's HAPPY HOUR at the Capitol City Brewing Company is the ONLY event that is open to everyone and did not require pre-registration. If you have not registered for the other events, please do not assume you can attend on "stand-by" status. Thanks for your cooperation on that one!
Old May 4, 2010, 12:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Is anyone able to give me a ride:

1. to DC or a any metro stop after IAD tour on Friday (will have small backpack to store in car during tour)

2. to Udvar-Hazy museum after brunch on Sunday (same backpack which can be checked at museum)

Please PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Master Plan:
Thursday: arriving IAD 9 pm, shuttle to Hyatt Place
Friday: shuttle to airport for tour
Need ride #1 to metro or DC
Fri-Sat night at DoubleTree in DC
Sunday: after brunch need ride #2 to Udvar-Hazy
shuttle from museum to terminal for 5:40 pm flight.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ride Information (thanks for the reminder, lili)

FRIDAY
Rides to the airport for the IAD, you should ask here in the thread
(if anyone is at Hyatt Place Chantilly (airport south) - send me a PM for a ride)

Rides after the Tour to downtown and/or a metro stop, there are plenty of people heading that direction and catching a ride, should not be a problem. I have 3-4 seats in my car alone.

SATURDAY
Email for the rides to/from Hillwood have been distributed

SUNDAY
There are more than enough seats to get everyone at the brunch to the Museum, based on those who requested a ride and who have offered to drive.

From the Museum back to DC, National or Dulles
Sharon has a specific driver due to her tight time requirements to catch the flight back from National.

For those going to Dulles, you should have no problem getting a ride from another attendee. We will connect you before you leave the brunch place to ensure the luggage is the correct car, etc. There is not a shuttle from the museum to the Airport anymore (there is a public bus but it doesn't have a good schedule).

Last edited by GoingAway; May 4, 2010 at 2:10 pm
Old May 4, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
deleted, by a go with the flow kind of guy......

Last edited by USirritated; May 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm
Old May 4, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
As an addendum to GoingAway's post, I have to catch a flight to SFO at 2:45 pm on Sunday, so will be going directly from brunch to IAD. If anyone else needs to head to IAD then, I can take up to two passengers. I expect to leave Harry's Tap Room around 1:00 pm, which will get me to IAD by 1:30 pm. If you have a flight before 2:20 pm or so, this might be cutting things too close for you.

Please send me a PM if you're interested.
Old May 4, 2010, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Heart Attack and Disaster Averted

Received a phone call from our Sunday Brunch venue to confirm the reservation. The guy on the phone once I said we'd definitely be there transferred me to the Manager ** uh-oh **. The Manager (very nice guy who I have talked to previously) had totally forgotten that HE was the one who had taken the reservation, since it had someone else's name on it. He was thinking the other person had messed up taking such a large ressie on Mother's Day and all --

Anyway, we're all set and our "additional" reservations were merged with the big one We'll have a group of tables located somewhat near each other. Each table will hopefully get their own bill to make settling up much simpler all around.

** whew **
Old May 4, 2010, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Iad tour attendees

REMINDER

If you did not READ the PDF file you were sent when your place on the tour was confirmed --- please do so now. It has important information you should be aware of prior to FRIDAY.

If you have misplaced the PDF, please send an email to flyertalkdcdo @ gmail.com and I will be happy to send you a new copy.
Old May 4, 2010, 3:15 pm
In memoriam

My dance card is full. Two great attendees have stepped up to get me where I need to be. Many thanks to gvdIAD and mhnadel.^^
Old May 4, 2010, 3:17 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Received a phone call from our Sunday Brunch venue to confirm the reservation. The guy on the phone once I said we'd definitely be there transferred me to the Manager ** uh-oh **. The Manager (very nice guy who I have talked to previously) had totally forgotten that HE was the one who had taken the reservation, since it had someone else's name on it. He was thinking the other person had messed up taking such a large ressie on Mother's Day and all --

Anyway, we're all set and our "additional" reservations were merged with the big one We'll have a group of tables located somewhat near each other. Each table will hopefully get their own bill to make settling up much simpler all around.

** whew **
OMG. Shades of SEA-DO Tamarind Tree. I am so-o-o glad it worked out.
Old May 4, 2010, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GoingAway
We'll have a group of tables located somewhat near each other. Each table will hopefully get their own bill to make settling up much simpler all around.
Very about a series of smaller tables in close proximity than the one big 30' long honker with 20% more chairs than there is room for.

And if we can get individual table checks, so much the better.

I assume the $10 deposit per person for Harry's will be deducted from each person's bill?

Thanks as always for your hard work.

Originally Posted by lili
OMG. Shades of SEA-DO Tamarind Tree.
Isn't that the truth.

I'd finally forgotten about that one.
Old May 4, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
I assume the $10 deposit per person for Harry's will be deducted from each person's bill?
Deducted, returned, something ... but your $10 will be applied
Old May 4, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
I just wanted to verify that the Smithsonian option on Saturday afternoon was cancelled due to not enough people, right? I don't remember seeing a final verdict on it and need to know how early in the day I need to get some other things done by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.