Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Deb, would you rename the Capital Do Brewing Do link you have for me in post # 2 to "Capital Do". Thanks!

I added FT people photos from IAD, Hillwood, Zenga, Breast Cancer Walk, Sunday Brunch and Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum to that link, so it's more inclusive of the weekend.

The other links to IAD, HW, ZG, BCW, UH, etc, are all the photos taken at those venues. Capital Do focuses on FTers.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Uploaded Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum pics:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...hazey-air--sp/

Going to upload Sat night dinner next.

Cheers.
Sharon, you are a marvel!
Old May 10, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I think webshots can take it ... shoot it over and I'll try

My first set of photos uploaded
GAs Friday Night Dinner Pics
Hillwood Pics
Saturday Night at Zengo
Too big to email. 328 MB.
Old May 10, 2010, 4:46 pm

Ok, uploaded the Breast Cancer Walk:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...ast-cancer-wa/

I'm doing a bit of up in the air arithmatic, but I think FTers raised about $4,650 total (give or take my bad math). Go Team FT!! Woo-hoo!

BTW - not that I'm above begging or anything on behalf of Team FT/United Team Dulles/Network of Strength, but donations are counted up until June 18th. So if any of you want to add your $5/10/20, you can still do so. Just PM us walkers & we'll give you the link.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
I've posted some photos on Picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JeanLeaG...CK-Clr_q0_DgFg

Thanks to all who worked on putting the DO on. I had alot of fun at the IAD and Hillwood tours. Thanks so much!
Old May 10, 2010, 7:36 pm

Great photos everyone! I would also encourage everyone to do what I just did - which is the slideshow on everyone's links (blonde moment - who knew all the sites had it!). Doesn't take long - and fab up closes.

What was also cool is that many of us were at the same events yet took different pictures/angles/etc.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Great photos everyone! I would also encourage everyone to do what I just did - which is the slideshow on everyone's links (blonde moment - who knew all the sites had it!). Doesn't take long - and fab up closes.

What was also cool is that many of us were at the same events yet took different pictures/angles/etc.

Cheers.
We also saw different things ... my group missed the baggage claim other than to walk thru the area. It's interesting to see the other pictures to see what else was shown
Old May 10, 2010, 7:51 pm

We also saw different things ... my group missed the baggage claim other than to walk thru the area. It's interesting to see the other pictures to see what else was shown
Well, that explains why you all were waiting for Group 3 when we finally got back. We got the full-on tour

BTW - after seeing that, my respect for baggage handling has gone way up.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The baggage claim area I saw in ORD was amazingly complex, very cool to watch in action. Sorry I missed seeing how its handled at Dulles, although Bill pointed out the construction they're planning soon in that same space.

For anyone with pictures from the IAD Tour (and there were a lot of us), I'm trying to collect whatever you have. UA has asked for copies of the pictures showing us with them, but we are also (thanks to unhBuzzard) looking to put together a collage of pictures as part of a thank you note that will be sent to all the people who met with us throughout the day. So if you have anything, please email them to the [email protected] address or burn a CD to send over. Thanks!!
Old May 10, 2010, 9:23 pm

For anyone with pictures from the IAD Tour (and there were a lot of us), I'm trying to collect whatever you have. UA has asked for copies of the pictures showing us with them, but we are also (thanks to unhBuzzard) looking to put together a collage of pictures as part of a thank you note that will be sent to all the people who met with us throughout the day. So if you have anything, please email them to the [email protected] address or burn a CD to send over. Thanks!!
You're kidding right re: me? Check the various links & let me know which images you want, and I'll sort it out.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am soooooooo jealous of you guys, I wanted to see all of that. Seeing baggage claim would have been so major cool! Hopefully I will get to see that on another DO trip, or maybe from CO in IAH on the SMDO II in November?
Old May 10, 2010, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You're kidding right re: me? Check the various links & let me know which images you want, and I'll sort it out.

Cheers.
Yes, I know better and can get some of yours directly. No problem
Old May 11, 2010, 8:33 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
A few more photos here. I'm not liking my new camera so much and it shows.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Here are mine (I didn't end up taking very many; I guess was too engrossed in the experience): DC Do Photos
Old May 11, 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by lili
A few more photos here. I'm not liking my new camera so much and it shows.
I thought your pics looked fine!

BTW - I didn't realize that one of the other groups got to go into the cargo hold - how cool.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.