Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I would like to thank GoingAway, gvdIAD, and ConditionOne for the serious hard work that was evident in the way that the DO came off without any hitches or unexpected surprises. It was a really great weekend and I will long remember GoingAway buzzing around at both of the dinners and the brunch making sure that everything was OK and everyone was properly taken care of.

We hope to see some of you in the not very far-off future when we are again in town at the time that the next DC group get-together happens. :-:
Old May 9, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Many thanks again to the organizers for making this event happen successfully. ^^^ I have enjoyed the weekend immensely. It was great seeing friends, spending time with them and meeting many new friends as well. Until then....Tony.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I would also like to thank GoingAway, gvdIAD, and ConditionOne for all of the tremendous time, effort, and patience to put together this Nation's Capitol DO! The dinners were great, and so was the brunch, and the Hillwood tour was just wonderful. I will continue to be jealous for missing the UA/IAD tour, because from all I have heard and read, it was terrific! I had a great time this weekend, and met a lot of great new people. Thanks again!

I look forward to seeing many of you again on our travels and at future DO's, wherever they may be!
Old May 10, 2010, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
After arriving home at 12:45am & waking up way too early, I've decided to extend the Capital Do by 1-day & take the day off. So will upload all the photos to my photo website & then post the links here.

Again, MANY MANY THANKS to the Do Organizers for an awesome & very well organized Do. And goodie bags to boot!

And thanks to those who contributed to my breast cancer walk. A "trip report" & photos will be sent out. And to the boys at the table on Sat night who said they'd contribute, I might have had wine (you had more ) but I remembered so will send you the link so you can do so BTW - it was fun to see Marine One fly overhead & I also got to walk the course w/ the Chief Pilot (the one in the conference room who answered questions, etc, not the one on the 767) from the IAD Tour & his wife, who were celebrating their 23rd anniversary yesterday.

Geesh - this Michigan weather thing is weird. On Easter it's 81 degrees; I arrive home from Do last night & it's 35 degrees. Shouldn't it have been the othe way around? Oh well - the 250,000 tulips in town are blooming, so at least it's pretty.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 10, 2010 at 6:48 am
Old May 10, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I also want to thank the organizers for a very well-run Do. I enjoyed the events I was at and heard only great things about the ones I couldn't make it to.
Old May 10, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Thanks to the organizers for a terrific time. It obviously took a lot of time and effort! The only thing I could possibly have wished for was an extra 1/4 of a shot glass of mouse.

It was great to meet new friends and catch up with "old" ones.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Applause from a first-timer

This was my first Do, and I didn't quite know what was in store besides a lot of aviation geekery. It exceeded my expectations--the tour was outstanding, I enjoyed meeting many of you (hi, gvdIAD, GoingAway, mpc1, SkiAdcock, uva185 and fungirl, among others) on Friday and Sunday, and you all even managed to make going out for brunch on Mother's Day look easy. Thanks!

(The Do also allowed me to discover that one of my neighbors, cova, is a FlyerTalker. I'll have to see if I spot him reading FT on his phone during a slow part of our civic association's meetings )

Last edited by DCA writer; May 10, 2010 at 10:45 am
Old May 10, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Thanks to all of the organizers for pulling off a great do. With names like goingaway, flugvergnugen putting something together I had no doubts that it would be a success. It was also nice to see some flyertalkers I haven't seen in a long while (monitor, idealflyer, cholula, ms. cholula, mileageaddict & son, peteropny). It was also good to meet a couple of fun new flyertalkers who I'll hopefully see again sometime.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:25 am

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
I had a blast, Thanks to all of the team who put the DC Do together. I really had a great time and enjoyed myself. The IAD tour was a special highlight, but the social functions have added a number of FTers to my circle of friends.
mpc1
Old May 10, 2010, 12:44 pm

Ok, uploaded IAD Tour photos:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...iad-tour-2010/

Now on to uploading other events.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
WOW! Very impressive and fun pics, especially for those of us who could not make it to the IAD/UA tour on Friday! Thanks Sharon! ^
Old May 10, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Nice job ... added the link to the second post of this thread on Page 1.
Old May 10, 2010, 1:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thanks to everybody who made the DC DO so fabulous. It was really a great weekend from start to finish, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The IAD tour, Hillwood, and Udvar-Hazy were all very special events. Dinners, lunches, brunch also lots of fun at well-chosen places. We all appreciate all the hard work and planning that went into making this such a memorable weekend. Thank you.
Old May 10, 2010, 1:48 pm

Ok, uploaded Hillwood:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/flyertalk_do/hillwood

On to the others.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2010, 2:25 pm

Uploaded Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum pics:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...hazey-air--sp/

Going to upload Sat night dinner next.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.