Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by KIcarus
I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of moving my money to Citi unless I was certain I would get a quantifiable benefit--especially if I had to change what fund I'm invested in. It seems like there are some benefits to a Citigold account--Prestige annual fee discount and an Amazon Prime/Hulu subscription paid for. Also, it would potentially be better to have a good relationship with a bank that had branches overseas in case I wanted to avail myself of additional services. However, it doesn't seem to be worth it at this time--maybe after my balances have reached $200,000+.
That Amazon prime / Hulu benefit is - so far - kind of YMMV for CG customers.

In theory its for NY/NJ/CT customers, although some CA accounts have recieved being able to register for it.

I have a NY opened account (which causes problems since I'm now in another state) but the offer isn't linked to my name/card and my CG 'relationship manager' has been zero help in finding any info out about this. (Instead he shows me worthless refi 'opportunities')
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Maybe this is what is currently being advertised, but all of our Citi-issued cards have been free each year.
I know Citigold gives you $100 off the Prestige annual fee. If I don't have Prestige, will I get a discount on the Premier card annual fee? I'm quoting an ancient post, but it sounds like Citi did this in the past. Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by rrgg
I know Citigold gives you $100 off the Prestige annual fee. If I don't have Prestige, will I get a discount on the Premier card annual fee? I'm quoting an ancient post, but it sounds like Citi did this in the past. Thanks.
No.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I think they used to grandfather one AF fee for free back in the olden days of CG. We still have an AA Plat that gets that treatment. You can even get retention offers on the free cards too.

Probably stopped around the 2007 time frame.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by KIcarus
Also, it would potentially be better to have a good relationship with a bank that had branches overseas in case I wanted to avail myself of additional services. However, it doesn't seem to be worth it at this time--maybe after my balances have reached $200,000+.
There's no such thing as a relationship with Citi. You'll get foreign reps even if you have an account that requires you to keep $50,000-$199,999 in deposits to avoid the monthly maintenance fee. One with that kind of money in an account shouldn't have to deal with such morons when you call in for assistance.

A bunch of idiots run that bank. One would be better off with even HSBC.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
A bunch of idiots run that bank. One would be better off with even HSBC.
I won't call the people at Citi are idiots. But seriously...if anyone are seriously in need of international banking service, HSBC is what you should choose.

Citi's international banking, even at the Citigold level, is basically better than nothing.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Does somebody know how to get the benefit for Costco? Do I need to pay for membership in store with debit card, or online?
Both me and my wife got this benefit, after signing up. We are in CA.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yugi
Does somebody know how to get the benefit for Costco? Do I need to pay for membership in store with debit card, or online?
Both me and my wife got this benefit, after signing up. We are in CA.
Which exact benefit are you talking about??
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by garykung
Which exact benefit are you talking about??
Costco membership reimbursement.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Costco membership reimbursement.
Why would City reimburse Costco membership?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Why would City reimburse Costco membership?
It's one of the benefits of Citigold.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citig...-global-entry/
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... got this benefit, after signing up.

I take this to mean you received an Invitation. Have you Registered? Does Costco sell memberships online?

Citigold Subscription Rebate Program Terms and Conditions
The Citigold Subscription Rebate Program (“Subscription Rebate Program”) is available to Citibank customers who are account owners of a checking account in the Citigold Account Package and have received a direct invitation from Citibank to participate (“Eligible Customers”). Only the customer named in the invitation is eligible to participate. To receive the subscription fee rebate from selected merchants, Eligible Customers must first register at citigold.citi.com/subscriptions (“Citi Subscription Website”) between January 1st and December 15th of each calendar year and select some or all of the merchants for which the Eligible Customer would like to receive subscription rebates, with a $200 annual maximum combined rebate.

The Eligible Customer must visit merchant website(s) and purchase the subscription(s), including renewals, using the same Citigold Debit Card that the Eligible Customer used to register on the Citi Subscription Website. Rebates are available only for subscription fees paid by the Eligible Customers registered, selected merchants and are not available for debit card transactions that include the purchase of goods or services combined with the subscription fee. Rebates are expected to post to your Citigold deposit account within 7 business days of the subscription purchase. Any subscriptions posted after 11:59pm E.T. on December 31 will be counted toward your $200 allotment for the following calendar year. Pending transactions can take 1-3 business days to post to your account.

The Subscription Rebate Program is a complimentary benefit for Eligible Customers and there are no separate or additional fees to participate other than the subscription fee itself. To maintain eligibility, Eligible Customers must be the owner of the checking account in The Citigold Account Package from registration in the Subscription Rebate Program until the rebate is applied to the Citigold checking account. See FAQs for examples and additional information.

The participation of any merchant in the Subscription Rebate Program does not constitute Citibank’s endorsement of any merchant or service provided by such merchant, and Citibank is not responsible for third party products and services. Citibank may discontinue or change this program at any time without notice.

Citibank provides information about and access to accounts and financial services provided by Citibank, N.A. and its affiliates in the United States and its territories. The Citigold Subscription Rebate Program is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, invitation or solicitation to buy or sell the products or services at issue to individuals outside of the United States.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I take this to mean you received an Invitation. Have you Registered? Does Costco sell memberships online?
I doubt OP has received an invitation per this DoC post:

According to reader HR: The benefit is currently only for residents of NY, NJ and CT. Will roll-out to other states at a later date.
Also, it is more complicated to get the membership reimbursed than it seems, especially when you have a Costco Visa.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:36 am

This seems to be the login for the subscription reimbursement program:

https://citigold.citi.com/subscriptions/

Unless you've received an invitation for this specific program, though, I don't think it'll work. If anybody calls and manages to be granted access after failing to log in directly, please let us know back in this thread!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:19 am

There are dp's of people being able to register for the CG subscription program, even without being targeted via email.

And there are dp's of people getting the targeted email....and NOT being able to register.

My CG relationship manager (aka mortgage refi salesman) knows nothing about the program...and I have a NY account.

Typical Citi being Citi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.