Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by treshie
This Citigold rebate program is for targeted Citigold clients only. Citigold clients who were not targeted should not even know about this program. Your RM knows about this because this kind of program requires them to attend training. So he is probably just pretending to know nothing since they have strict order not to disclosed this to clients who are not targeted. At least when I called my RM and asked him about this rebate program, he told me I was not targeted but they are actively rolling out to eligible Citigold clients and I will be automatically emailed once I have been targeted. Though I'm almost 100% sure I won't be targeted. Maybe if they are making a lot of money out of me that is the only time I will be targeted
I was successfully reimbursed for both Amazon Prime and Costco Executive membership. I think I may try ordering Costco cash cards online and see if it will count as well.
The only thing I don't understand is why the hell Amazon is charging tax for Prime, while Costco is charging nothing on their membership?

Last edited by yugi; Oct 4, 2019 at 9:16 pm
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
I.... why the hell Amazon is charging tax for Prime,....
Sounds as if that's what was negotiated in some states based on the services bundled in the membership.

Amazon Prime includes multiple benefits such as free two day shipping, free unlimited photo storage, plus exclusive access to movies, music and Kindle books. To determine the taxability of Prime, taxing authorities were requested by Amazon to provide guidance. As a result, Amazon Prime is subject to tax in the following states:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by mia; Oct 6, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
The only thing I don't understand is why the hell Amazon is charging tax for Prime, while Costco is charging nothing on their membership?
Costco is really a membership. But Amazon Prime is not. At the minimum, Amazon Prime can be considered as a video subscription service like Netflix (Netflix is taxed).
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by garykung
Costco is really a membership. But Amazon Prime is not. At the minimum, Amazon Prime can be considered as a video subscription service like Netflix (Netflix is taxed).
Netflix is not taxed in CA, since it's a service.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Nexflix is not limited to streaming, but DVD as well...
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:17 pm

I think it's too early to say, since it will only happen after September 1st. I saw in another thread that somebody received a renewal recently for $350. My renewal is in October, so I will be one of the first to test new AF structure.
I received a renewal. Still $350.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I'm shocked and amazed that something isn't taxed in California.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I'm shocked and amazed that something isn't taxed in California.
Yes, sounds surprising, but groceries and services are not taxed

Originally Posted by garykung
Nexflix is not limited to streaming, but DVD as well...
But you're not buying DVDs, you're renting them. Not taxed.

Last edited by mia; Oct 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:19 pm

If you sign up for a new CitiGold account, how long do they give you to bring your combined balances up to $200,000?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
If you sign up for a new CitiGold account, how long do they give you to bring your combined balances up to $200,000?
They give you 4 months.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
HSBC Premier (USA) will not consistently pay competitive interest. They offer promotions for "new money". You will need to cycle out/back to qualify.
True to form, HSBC (USA) has notified us that effective late January 2020 the interest rate on our saving will be 0.15% (less, if we reduce the balance).
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:00 pm

They give you 4 months.
4 months is pretty generous. Was expecting 2.
mikesyr18 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Is this new? The Citi AA Exec card page is now listing a Citigold benefit of an annual $145 statement credit against the card’s annual fee. I know this has been available for the Prestige Card but wasn’t aware of it for the Exec card.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
What is the regular fee for this card?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:33 pm
mia

Originally Posted by dgordon
What is the regular fee for this card?
Which card? Citi Executive AAdvantage is $450 because it includes an Admirals Club membership for the primary cardholder, and Admirals Club access for Authorized Users when flying AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.