FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

IkeEsq May 4, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31065214)
ugh. Just applied, got 7-10 days, called in, and they want income verification. They said that W2 or paystub was sufficient. What a hassle.

I assume it's ok if my stated income is about 2% higher than what the W2 shows? W2 is for 2018 of course so it doesn't accurately reflect my current income.

This is actually why I understate income to be a little lower than previous-year's W2.

Carl Christensen May 4, 2019 8:03 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31065214)
ugh. Just applied, got 7-10 days, called in, and they want income verification. They said that W2 or paystub was sufficient. What a hassle.

I assume it's ok if my stated income is about 2% higher than what the W2 shows? W2 is for 2018 of course so it doesn't accurately reflect my current income.

when applying you are allowed to state your household income which includes spouse. Thus there can be a significant discrepancy between your stated income and what a single w2 shows.

fletchbo May 4, 2019 9:01 am

65K miles is the new 75K max offer

Originally Posted by hargobind (Post 31064787)
DP: Rejected for 75K match on a 60K; reasked for a 65K match; got approval letter in the mail for 5K adjustment.

All: same experience here - on two occasions, for two family members. Requested 75 K match via chat; declined via letter in mail; requested 65 k match from 60K offer via chat; granted 5 k extra on both; letters arrived today.

5 k match miles posted to statement several days ago.

It seems 65K mile personal offer is the "new" 75K max offer.

ninim2200 May 4, 2019 9:11 am

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 31061860)
I've also had a few apps at 62 & 63 days recently (due to our schedule). No problem at all. Not planning to make it a habit, but it's worked fine so far.

63 days has worked for us many times in the past as well, when you are in a crunch and you need the 2-3 days , it's normally okay, i still like 30+ days between apps since the MAC era last year.

muji May 4, 2019 6:03 pm

Data points

1) It is still possible to close accounts (at least sometimes, depending on the agent) via Chat. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31054600-post943.html

2) A few weeks back, three members of my team were asked to send in income verification (instead of having a verification code sent by phone). Two of them chose to not send in the income verification, and so their applications were not approved. Just today they both applied anew, were allowed to receive the 5-digit verification code, were not asked to prove income, and were approved.

VegasGambler May 4, 2019 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31067698)
Data points

1) It is still possible to close accounts (at least sometimes, depending on the agent) via Chat. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31054600-post943.html

2) A few weeks back, three members of my team were asked to send in income verification (instead of having a verification code sent by phone). Two of them chose to not send in the income verification, and so their applications were not approved. Just today they both applied anew, were allowed to receive the 5-digit verification code, were not asked to prove income, and were approved.

Interesting that that works. I guess it still wasted an application though (essentially costing 65k miles)

I chose to send it in because the only information on my W2 or a paystub that Citi does not already have is the identity of my employer, which I don't really consider personal information or a secret. And, of course, because I'm providing accurate income information in my application.

gnomey May 4, 2019 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by reaper99999 (Post 31064659)
I must've talked to 7 reps (via the EO numbers) today, including one who has always been able help me recon, but they all said the same thing, that they can only approve 1 card of the same product every 60 days. Maybe I am just one of a group of unlucky people with that restriction, or is there a way around this? Appreciate any help with this!

talking to 7 EO reps .. do you really want more eyes on your account?
i am not sure if you are just starting citi AA apps or been in this for a while, but getting denied for "multiple applications of credit' is nothing new.
you can search for this happening in this thread (or previous year thread)

the easiest is to just wait and apply again after enough days have elapsed

ahhlun May 4, 2019 8:54 pm

New DP, talked to 2 different reps at different time, they won't match anymore unless the offer is sent directly to you. (I asked for 65K match)

"Unfortunately, to match this offer the offer must be addressed directly to you.
You
at 19:52, May 4:
oh even if its publicly available to everybody?
You
it wont be matched?
Cole
at 19:53, May 4:
Yes, it is a new thing they have started recently that we are only able to match offers if the better offer is sent directly to you."

reaper99999 May 5, 2019 1:13 am

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31067896)
talking to 7 EO reps .. do you really want more eyes on your account?
i am not sure if you are just starting citi AA apps or been in this for a while, but getting denied for "multiple applications of credit' is nothing new.
you can search for this happening in this thread (or previous year thread)

the easiest is to just wait and apply again after enough days have elapsed

Been doing this for over a year but at 60+ days in between apps. How else could I get recon if I dont call? Or are MACs just not recon-able?

gnomey May 5, 2019 4:43 am

Originally Posted by ahhlun (Post 31067995)
New DP, talked to 2 different reps at different time, they won't match anymore unless the offer is sent directly to you. (I asked for 65K match)

"Unfortunately, to match this offer the offer must be addressed directly to you.
You
oh even if its publicly available to everybody?
You
it wont be matched?
Cole
at 19:53, May 4:
Yes, it is a new thing they have started recently that we are only able to match offers if the better offer is sent directly to you."

had the same experience as well this week when trying match to 65K. It seems like matching is dead. Would like to know if anyone has contrary experience

gnomey May 5, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by reaper99999 (Post 31068363)
Been doing this for over a year but at 60+ days in between apps. How else could I get recon if I dont call? Or are MACs just not recon-able?

we make calls but talk to front line CSR. I don’t think many of us escalated all the way to EO

at some point one will probably have to reconsider the time spent vs rewards gained? For me, I m not sure if 65K AA miles is worth my time and angst in making 30 phone calls if it comes to that

it’s a velocity issue from Citi’s perspective. it’s a crapshoot in overturning a MAC outcome as you have probably realized by now

IkeEsq May 5, 2019 6:49 am

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31068653)

had the same experience as well this week when trying match to 65K. It seems like matching is dead. Would like to know if anyone has contrary experience

My wife and I sent match requests through chat a couple of days ago and the rep processed them. Not sure that we will get them but they did not say anything about a new policy.

gnomey May 5, 2019 11:56 am

P

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31068936)
My wife and I sent match requests through chat a couple of days ago and the rep processed them. Not sure that we will get them but they did not say anything about a new policy.

thanks. Please update when you get the snail mail letter from them

Namaste1 May 5, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31069810)
P

thanks. Please update when you get the snail mail letter from them

I also requested match through chat a few days ago since I can no longer access SM. The rep specifically said I'll hear back via email FWIW.

pf815 May 5, 2019 3:08 pm

I am one of the unfortunate ones who had a CSR close the wrong card during a chat session. I have two cards ending in the same last two digits & even though I was very specific in giving him/her the entire last 4 digits of the card I wanted to close, the wrong card was closed. The card closed was very close to me meeting my spend for the bonus (ouch). Anyway I was able to get the card re-opened (with promises it would not affect my miles posted or bonus) & I am wondering if there are any data points on what this did to my re-application clock. They did a hard pull during the re-open process. Did my clock reset to day 0 when they did the hard pull? When they re-opened my closed card? Hopefully it did nothing & I can still use the original open date of the card as day 0. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks!