FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

RobertHanson May 2, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31060622)
On an individual base, no. In two player mode, 5K a pop adds up to 100K miles per year.

If you go back a year, 60K to 75K, in two player mode adds up to 330K miles per year. Right now, it's true, 60K to 65K in 2 player mode adds up to 110K miles a year. But the next 5 mailers we've received are all for 65K miles. And it's become clear Citi won't match a personal app to a Business offer of 75K. So in 2 player mode, 65K offers add up to 0 miles per year.

So as of right now, trying to game the system for the last 5K plus 5K, with it looking like it's a 50% chance of success, with us each sitting on over 1Million miles, (after already booking our FC TATL for this Summer), it just isn't worth the bother. I wish I could SM Citi and say "could you add 5K + 5K to my friend wyogold's account"? :p

But there are no data points about that working.

IkeEsq May 2, 2019 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31061213)
I wish I could SM Citi and say "could you add 5K + 5K to my friend wyogold's account"? :p

This is basically what we were doing at the end of 2017. Just send an SM requesting an additional 20,000 miles without even needing to mention a higher offer. Seems we overdid it but as with all things, hit as hard as you can for as long as you can, then move on to the next big thing. :D

cheaptom May 2, 2019 4:40 pm

Just taking an informal consensus. What is your typical wait time between phone/auto approval and the Welcome Letter? How many days between the welcome letter and the card itself arriving?

For me, the welcome letter comes 4 business days after approval, but it's a little slower lately. Card is almost always the third day later.

VegasGambler May 2, 2019 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31061419)
Just taking an informal consensus. What is your typical wait time between phone/auto approval and the Welcome Letter? How many days between the welcome letter and the card itself arriving?

For me, the welcome letter comes 4 business days after approval, but it's a little slower lately. Card is almost always the third day later.

I've seen a range of 4 to 11 days for the welcome letter.

reaper99999 May 2, 2019 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31060476)
None of the above. DW and I have been applying @ every #33 days since Jan 2018. Every app has been approved. For the last six months or so, we haven't gotten any auto approvals. All require calling in, or answering the phone when Citi calls us at odd hours (6:30 pm on a Sunday.)
:rolleyes:

The CSR sends us a text to our cell phones to verify who we are, and a couple of minutes later we are approved. We've never been asked to verify income. Then again I have a multi decade history with Citi, and DW a 10 year + history. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

We aren't asking for extra miles anymore, since our last apps were already 60K. Doesn't seem worth the trouble for a mere 5K miles. And the next set of 4 mailers are for 65K, so nothing to be done, at least at the moment.

Wow, that's awesome. You guys must be blessed.

I just applied yesterday (5/1) after an approved app on 4/18 (last app before that was 2/5), but got auto-denial. Tried calling into various EO hotlines (must've called 7 different CSRs) but they all said they have a rule that they only allow 1 card per product each 60 days so they wont even be able to resubmit my app for recon. Should I keep trying or am I just SOL (maybe I fall into the cursed category?)?

bobert24 May 2, 2019 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31060636)
I have two overlapping 65 day windows going (I apply at the date of my 2nd last application + 65 days).

Thinking of going to 64 days for one application since I'll be traveling on day 65 and I'd rather deal with it before I leave. I don't think there is much risk since the "real" rule is 2 apps per 60 days.

If I do get rejected for too many apps, and recon can't or won't help, does that "count" as an application?

I've also had a few apps at 62 & 63 days recently (due to our schedule). No problem at all. Not planning to make it a habit, but it's worked fine so far.

bobert24 May 2, 2019 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31061419)

I don't track the welcome letters, but they almost always come for us the day before the card. Here's how many days between approval and card arrival for our last several apps:
6, 9, 9, 11, 10, 8, 8, 11, 8, 10, 9, 11, 10, 8

Based on previous discussions in this thread, this definitely seems to be affected by which part of the country you're in.

bigshooter May 2, 2019 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31060184)
I envy everyone who has reported the $2K spend mailers. I've received four $4K spend mailers.

I just wish I had more mailers... I'm down to one I'll apply with next week. Something better get sent out.

I did have my father come to stay with me a couple months ago and he made sure he changed his AAdvantage account to my address so he wouldn't miss out on any communications. Hopefully one of us gets something.

jkoenig51 May 3, 2019 1:41 pm

I am also running out of mailers, is it time for a new batch?

wiivile May 3, 2019 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51 (Post 31064247)
I am also running out of mailers, is it time for a new batch?

make a new aa account at your address for your kid

reaper99999 May 3, 2019 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31060476)
None of the above. DW and I have been applying @ every #33 days since Jan 2018. Every app has been approved. For the last six months or so, we haven't gotten any auto approvals. All require calling in, or answering the phone when Citi calls us at odd hours (6:30 pm on a Sunday.)
:rolleyes:

The CSR sends us a text to our cell phones to verify who we are, and a couple of minutes later we are approved. We've never been asked to verify income. Then again I have a multi decade history with Citi, and DW a 10 year + history. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

We aren't asking for extra miles anymore, since our last apps were already 60K. Doesn't seem worth the trouble for a mere 5K miles. And the next set of 4 mailers are for 65K, so nothing to be done, at least at the moment.

Originally Posted by reaper99999 (Post 31061756)
Wow, that's awesome. You guys must be blessed.

I just applied yesterday (5/1) after an approved app on 4/18 (last app before that was 2/5), but got auto-denial. Tried calling into various EO hotlines (must've called 7 different CSRs) but they all said they have a rule that they only allow 1 card per product each 60 days so they wont even be able to resubmit my app for recon. Should I keep trying or am I just SOL (maybe I fall into the cursed category?)?

I must've talked to 7 reps (via the EO numbers) today, including one who has always been able help me recon, but they all said the same thing, that they can only approve 1 card of the same product every 60 days. Maybe I am just one of a group of unlucky people with that restriction, or is there a way around this? Appreciate any help with this!

hargobind May 3, 2019 5:14 pm

DP: Rejected for 75K match on a 60K; reasked for a 65K match; got approval letter in the mail for 5K adjustment.

muji May 3, 2019 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31064256)
make a new aa account at your address for your kid

Preferably using a different email address for each of your kids.

VegasGambler May 3, 2019 9:12 pm

ugh. Just applied, got 7-10 days, called in, and they want income verification. They said that W2 or paystub was sufficient. What a hassle.

I assume it's ok if my stated income is about 2% higher than what the W2 shows? W2 is for 2018 of course so it doesn't accurately reflect my current income.

rover4618 May 3, 2019 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31065214)
ugh. Just applied, got 7-10 days, called in, and they want income verification. They said that W2 or paystub was sufficient. What a hassle.

I assume it's ok if my stated income is about 2% higher than what the W2 shows? W2 is for 2018 of course so it doesn't accurately reflect my current income.

Your good.