FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

ne0ven0m May 6, 2019 8:46 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31067698)
Data points

1) It is still possible to close accounts (at least sometimes, depending on the agent) via Chat. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31054600-post943.html

2) A few weeks back, three members of my team were asked to send in income verification (instead of having a verification code sent by phone). Two of them chose to not send in the income verification, and so their applications were not approved. Just today they both applied anew, were allowed to receive the 5-digit verification code, were not asked to prove income, and were approved.

I closed a Biz AA via chat on May 2.

flyer4512 May 6, 2019 11:32 pm

Snail mail arrived today confirming 5k match to 65K , letter dated May 1

I had to ask twice on this card, first snail mail said I was not solicited

I also received an email last week for a 5k match on a different card which I also asked for on May 1

Email text below

Hi, XXXXXXX. We've added 5,000 Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® miles to your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® account. You'll see this mileage adjustment on your statement within two billing periods.

bailey911 May 7, 2019 7:33 am

just tried to match 5K Miles on 2 accounts both chat agents asked for the "email or mail" offer so they can send it to their "team"

strange both agents said the same thing

will try again but match not looking good...

SeeBuyFly May 7, 2019 8:39 am

Matches are over. In the many years of Citi churning, matches were just a short blip in time, as was MAC, etc.

wiivile May 7, 2019 8:44 am

I don't care about matches. I don't know why Citi was matching to non-existent offers anyway. They were probably just doing it as a courtesy but people were abusing it. People shouldn't be whining or crying about Citi no longer matching to non-existent offers. I'm really just impressed that this mailer method has stuck around this long. Long live mailers. If and when the mailer method dies, AA miles will go from being ez-pz to one of the hardest miles to earn, given that they're not earnable via credit card points like Chase(United)/AMEX(Delta).

LWT3 May 7, 2019 8:56 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31075862)
I don't care about matches. I don't know why Citi was matching to non-existent offers anyway. They were probably just doing it as a courtesy but people were abusing it. People shouldn't be whining or crying about Citi no longer matching to non-existent offers.

I haven't seen any posts that sounded like whining or crying. People are simply reporting data points; everyone understands it's all gravy.

security6 May 7, 2019 12:58 pm

One more DP: Requested match of additional 5000 points on 60,000 bonus on 4/29 via chat. Received snail mail today confirming extra 5000 points will be deposited.

Had requested a match to 75,000 (additional 15,000) on 4/4 via chat for same card, but was denied.

egypteys May 7, 2019 12:59 pm

Matching DP 60 to 75 Via Chat
Tried this morning got the "Sure just send us an email with a picture of the offer".
HU(disconnect)CA and tried a few hours later and got. "Im happy to tell you that I sent in your request to match to 75K, you will be informed in 7-10 days".
I'll update when we get the response. But, previously, that was all I needed to do to get a match.

mak101 May 8, 2019 4:50 am

I been using mailers for last two years but always used mailer with same last name and address. This time my friend got 65k/2k spend mailer, his last name and address are different, can I use his mailer code for my application?

IkeEsq May 8, 2019 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 31078840)
I been using mailers for last two years but always used mailer with same last name and address. This time my friend got 65k/2k spend mailer, his last name and address are different, can I use his mailer code for my application?

Once you get to the application page using a 9-digit mailer, you can correct any information you need to. Remember that it now preloads the AAdvantage number as well as name and address.

tscateh May 8, 2019 2:07 pm

Biz mailers?

I have been fortunate so far and am getting personal mailers for my household members, but would very much like to get biz mailers also. Any tips on how to get those going?

bigshooter May 8, 2019 6:55 pm

Does anyone know if a batch of mailers has gone out recently? I'm down to my last one and assumed I should have some new ones expiring 6/15 or 7/15 by now. My ex still has her Aadvantage address the same as mine and my father has his sent to my house since he stays here whenever he wants to go on a golf trip. Surprisingly none of us are getting anything lately. My last 60k/$3k 5/15 mailer came in March I believe.

Anyone else notice them drying up as well?

muji May 8, 2019 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 31081495)
Does anyone know if a batch of mailers has gone out recently?

For some of us there was a big dry spell December-February, but then things picked up again.

Yesterday a family member got an emailed offer with a 6/5/19 expiration date.
But we haven't gotten any paper mailers since March.

muji May 8, 2019 9:51 pm

A month or two back, someone mentioned that they were going to apply using a 9-digit emailed offer - one sent from AA, not from Citi.
FAQ 3 in the wiki indicates that one should be able to get bonus miles from such an offer.

Is there anyone who has applied recently, and gotten miles, using one of these emailed, AA-issued offers?

VegasGambler May 9, 2019 1:31 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31081923)
A month or two back, someone mentioned that they were going to apply using a 9-digit emailed offer - one sent from AA, not from Citi.
FAQ 3 in the wiki indicates that one should be able to get bonus miles from such an offer.

Is there anyone who has applied recently, and gotten miles, using one of these emailed, AA-issued offers?

I got miles for two of these earlier this year. However I haven't received one of these in a while. I did start receiving 65k personal mailers though so I'm not too upset about it.

I think that the last one I used was emailed in March?