FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

druryvanek26 Apr 17, 2019 6:04 am

Requested a match from 60k to 75k in chat. Received letter in the mail indicating I wasn't solicited for the offer. First match denial in a long time.

LWT3 Apr 17, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by druryvanek26 (Post 31009679)
Requested a match from 60k to 75k in chat. Received letter in the mail indicating I wasn't solicited for the offer. First match denial in a long time.

This is definitely the norm right now. New normal or something temporary? We'll have to wait and see, but it feels like the new normal.

druryvanek26 Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31010277)
This is definitely the norm right now. New normal or something temporary? We'll have to wait and see, but it feels like the new normal.

I wonder if we can match to 70k or 65k (since we know that there is a public offer for 65k for personal cards).

walterj Apr 17, 2019 10:25 am

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 31008025)
Just tried to see if it worked...no go, for me anyway.

That was dead pretty quickly. I tried later yesterday evening and it was gone. Looks like they are actively shutting down any access to Send Message.

Luckily, I was able to get a card closed, same day, pretty fast turnaround. I received a email message from [email protected]:

"We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate department for handling...."

Maybe next time, I'll try sending my close account and reduce credit limit requests by email.

LWT3 Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

Originally Posted by druryvanek26 (Post 31010518)
I wonder if we can match to 70k or 65k (since we know that there is a public offer for 65k for personal cards).

I got the same rejection everyone else is getting when I asked for 60-->70k about a week and a half ago (I asked for 70 because I had seen multiple reports of denials on 60-->75), so we need more data points, but mine is bad news.

We should know soon if 60-->65 will fare any better. After my first 60-->70K was shot down for not having been solicited for that offer, I chatted again asking for 65K on the same card. That was about five days ago, so I would expect the snail mail response soon. And I chatted last night to request 60K -->65K on a new card I just received.

cheaptom Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31010725)
We should know soon if 60-->65 will fare any better. After my first 60-->70K was shot down for not having been solicited for that offer, I chatted again asking for 65K on the same card. That was about five days ago, so I would expect the snail mail response soon. And I chatted last night to request 60K -->65K on a new card I just received.

I think it's just a matter of time before the phone/chat agents are trained to simply ask, "Please send us the offer you are referring to," instead of the tedious paper trail snail mail process taking up their time.

SpammersAreScum Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by druryvanek26 (Post 31010518)

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31010725)
I got the same rejection everyone else is getting when I asked for 60-->70k about a week and a half ago (I asked for 70 because I had seen multiple reports of denials on 60-->75), so we need more data points, but mine is bad news.

See my posts above. I've gotten 2 "yes"s on 60->65 but of course the actual points are pending.

And I just tried a 60->65 request on a 3rd card where the response was, "I will go ahead and raise a request for you to match this offer. You may expect to get the confirmation within a week." which seems encouraging at least.

jameswes Apr 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31007218)
Still no e-mailer for me this month but I just got a 65k/$2k physical mailer. My first ever physical mailer and it's a good one!

Exp. June 15. If these really are good for multiple uses I will be set for a while.

I got my first batch of physical mailers ever, and they're the same as this.

GH83 Apr 19, 2019 7:34 am

Received a second 60-75k match denial. First time went through SM and I received a snail mail saying their records do not show I was solicited, etc.

The second match request was via chat. Received a snail mail saying "We regret we are unable to match an offer from a business card to a consumer account."

wiivile Apr 19, 2019 9:35 am

the 4/15 purchase that put me over the $4,000 spending threshold posted on 4/17, and my statement closed a few hours later on 4/17. my statement did not reflect 60,000 miles earned, just 4,000 from the $4k purchases. should i expect the 60k miles on my next statement even if i don't spend another dime on the card? used a mailer that expired on 2/15 on 3/7. those mailers seem to work about 2 months after expiration.

RobertHanson Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31017218)
the 4/15 purchase that put me over the $4,000 spending threshold posted on 4/17, and my statement closed a few hours later on 4/17. my statement did not reflect 60,000 miles earned, just 4,000 from the $4k purchases. should i expect the 60k miles on my next statement even if i don't spend another dime on the card? used a mailer that expired on 2/15 on 3/7. those mailers seem to work about 2 months after expiration.

Yes

SeeBuyFly Apr 19, 2019 10:40 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31017218)

Are you saying that they require you to spend more than $4000 even though they said $4000? Or, are you saying that if you used an expired mailer, you may not get the bonus? If the separate letter you received a few days before the card specifies the bonus and minimum spend, you will get the bonus assuming you have made the minimum spend.

As to whether the bonus will appear on the next statement, there is no guarantee, but it probably will--- if the letter confirmed the bonus and you made the required spend. Potentially you will get the bonus even earlier---check aa.com after a few days.

wiivile Apr 19, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 31017397)
Are you saying that they require you to spend more than $4000 even though they said $4000? Or, are you saying that if you used an expired mailer, you may not get the bonus? If the separate letter you received a few days before the card specifies the bonus and minimum spend, you will get the bonus assuming you have made the minimum spend.

As to whether the bonus will appear on the next statement, there is no guarantee, but it probably will--- if the letter confirmed the bonus and you made the required spend. Potentially you will get the bonus even earlier---check aa.com after a few days.

i'm just wondering if i hit the minimum spend too close to the statement close date of 4/17. they were the same day, so that may explain why i didnt get the 60k points on my 4/17 statement. i asked citi reps over chat, they said they didn't see any bonus offer on my account, but i'm told that's normal and that citi reps don't know anything about targeted mailers. unfortunately, i don't remember what the letter said.

yehandy Apr 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Have been waiting for Citi's mailer for a long time. Wondering if anyone has additional mailer, which is available to share (no 24 mo language)? Thanks

RobertHanson Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31017403)
unfortunately, i don't remember what the letter said.

You didn't keep the letter, at least until the miles posted to your AA account? https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?ur...7ahZWsQe8g--~C