FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

rover4618 Apr 13, 2019 8:49 am

Just got a 2k in 4 month 65k mailer with a 6/15 expiration in the mail today ...:D

drminn Apr 13, 2019 9:41 am

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop (Post 30996014)
Been playing the mailer game for personal cards for a while but what thinking of trying a business app again due to all the varied success of match requests. My last business closure was 12/28/2015, any recent data points supporting the wiki "opened or closed a similar (i.e. personal or business) card in the previous 24 months" (fearing the day it will be 24 months per ss#)?

Thanks!!!

I applied for a business card in January, exactly 3 years after closing the previous one, and about half way through meeting the spend for my umpteenth personal card, no issue.

RobertHanson Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 30996026)
Just got a 2k in 4 month 65k mailer with a 6/15 expiration in the mail today ...:D

Lucky you, my twin brother got a 6/15 65K mailer yesterday, but the spend is $4K in 4. Since I just lost 2 of my 3 remaining stores that will sell me MOs, and I'm down to just one, it makes me nervous doing a combined $8K a month for DW and I. Not to mention grocery store VGCs for HH and the like. :eek:

NTP9766 Apr 13, 2019 10:27 am

I received two of the new mailers - 65k/$4k in 4 months, and 65k/$2k in 4 months. Nice.

LWT3 Apr 13, 2019 10:40 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30983738)
I just sent this over SM:

Hi! I recently sent a message requesting a match to a sign-up bonus of 75,000 miles for my card ending in xxxx.

I got a response in the mail saying that I was not solicited for this offer. I understand that I was not solicited, but, I was hoping that I could be matched to this offer as a one-time courtesy.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Let's see how it goes. I expect a response by mail in a week or so...

Good approach. I'll be interested to see how it goes. After seeing reports of match requests to 75,000 miles getting shot down, I chatted to request a match to 70,000 from 60,000. I just got a snail mail letter today telling me their records do not show I was solicited for the offer I mentioned. That should have been obvious from my request ("I received an offer for X. Can you please match me to Y?"). If I received the higher offer, I wouldn't be asking for a match.

In any case, I just sent a second chat request asking for a match to 65,000 because I know that exists and I'm not sure if there are 70,000 offers out there or not. This time I specifically said I did not receive the higher offer but am asking if they can match me to it as a courtesy. We'll see what happens when I get a snail mail response in 7-10 days. If they shoot me down a second time, I will consider making the request by phone.

LWT3 Apr 13, 2019 10:45 am

I just got two 65K, June 15th mailers. Both require $4K spend.

Namaste1 Apr 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 30996318)
Good approach. I'll be interested to see how it goes. After seeing reports of match requests to 75,000 miles getting shot down, I chatted to request a match to 70,000 from 60,000. I just got a snail mail letter today telling me their records do not show I was solicited for the offer I mentioned. That should have been obvious from my request ("I received an offer for X. Can you please match me to Y?"). If I received the higher offer, I wouldn't be asking for a match.

In any case, I just sent a second chat request asking for a match to 65,000 because I know that exists and I'm not sure if there are 70,000 offers out there or not. This time I specifically said I did not receive the higher offer but am asking if they can match me to it as a courtesy. We'll see what happens when I get a snail mail response in 7-10 days. If they shoot me down a second time, I will consider making the request by phone.

In my case, I was shot down for a business card match when there is actually a 75K miles offer. OTOH, we just received a business mailer with 75K miles offer with $5K spend with 6/15 expiration.

VegasGambler Apr 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 30996587)
In my case, I was shot down for a business card match when there is actually a 75K miles offer. OTOH, we just received a business mailer with 75K miles offer with $5K spend with 6/15 expiration.

So send them the front and back of the offer that they always ask for :)

TalkingPoint Apr 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Just got a few dozen of the new 75k/$5k/5mo offers with 6/15 expiration this week. Glad this offer has been renewed because it's so much easier than getting a match these days especially when you're helping family and friends.

RobertHanson Apr 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint (Post 30996946)
Just got a few dozen of the new 75k/$5k/5mo offers with 6/15 expiration this week

a few dozen? We can barely keep up with our 2 offers each month. In fact, applying every 33 days comes out to 11 times a year for each of us. No idea what I would do with a few dozen. I have a funny feeling even mentioning selling them on Ebay would result in a firestorm of criticism. :p

Namaste1 Apr 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30996861)
So send them the front and back of the offer that they always ask for :)

💡

SpammersAreScum Apr 14, 2019 5:11 pm

I just activated a card using a 2/15 offer of 60k/$4k/4mo. I was unable to get to a SM link, so I resorted to Chat. I decided to just mention the 65k offer, but the rep said she'd add 15k (sic)!

littlewinglet Apr 14, 2019 8:43 pm

This isn't discussed in the FAQ, but what's a reasonable wait time from making new account to getting a mailer?

darthbimmer Apr 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet (Post 31000838)
This isn't discussed in the FAQ, but what's a reasonable wait time from making new account to getting a mailer?

The wait was agonizing. It sure felt like it took a year but a quick look at a calendar showed it was only a few months.

IkeEsq Apr 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet (Post 31000838)

1. How do I get mailers?
As a general rule, Citi marketing sends out offers to AAdvantage members who have not recently (or better yet ever) had a Citi AAdvantage credit card. Creating an AAdvantage account for someone in your household who is 18 years or older and has a separate email address not used on another AAdvantage account is a good way to start getting offers mailed to your address. Beware of 12-digit invitation codes and emailed offers, which do not circumvent the 24-month rules. Read the T&C carefully to make sure there is no 24-month language. Mailers usually start to show up a few months after an AAdvantage account is created. Frequency of mailers varies widely from every couple of months to a couple of times a month.