FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

wiivile Apr 22, 19 12:10 pm


Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31025719)
We've all learned that the Welcome Letter is the key. If the letter did not contain the bonus language, then virtually all DPs indicate you won't get it. I agree with SeeBuyFly...start a chat and be very clear but patient. Here is the mailing code I received. Here is the bonus offer I received. Please explain when my miles will post.

welcome letter = approval notice, correct?

cheaptom Apr 22, 19 12:44 pm


Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31025733)
welcome letter = approval notice, correct?

The first approval notice is typically an email. The "Welcome Letter" is a printed snail mail piece that confirms your approval AND has the bonus paragraph, if applicable. Without that language, use your new card as a coaster.

LWT3 Apr 22, 19 12:49 pm


Originally Posted by druryvanek26 (Post 31010518)
I wonder if we can match to 70k or 65k (since we know that there is a public offer for 65k for personal cards).

I requested via chat a match from 60K to 65K several days ago, and I just received a snail mail letter telling me they were giving me an additional 5k miles. For another member of my household, we had requested a match from 60K to 70K and were denied. We then requested a match to 65K on that same account, and we haven't heard back yet, but his first statement just posted without any additional miles.

flyer4512 Apr 22, 19 12:55 pm


Originally Posted by ohyonghao (Post 31024072)
I was going to lower the limit on my AA card. I started the chat with their prompt of which account this is about, put in the last two digits, and asked for them to lower the credit limit by 5k. No problem, certainly she can help. She then confirms that she'd lowered the limit and the current balance on the account is $xxx.xx, for an account that should be $0.00! Turns out she didn't read the prompt for which account I was lowering the limit on and just went straight for my primary Costco account!

Now I'm in a bit of a pickle, after talking to multiple agents and their supervisors they can't simply reverse it, and they can't transfer credit limit from one account to the other without running my credit again.

Lesson learned, the prompt for which account you are contacting them about is BS, assume they have no idea and verify they are looking at the correct account.


Does your costco card end in the same digits as the card you wanted to lower the CL on as they ask for the last 2 digits before you chat.

I always make it very clear lower CL on American Airlines card ending in xxxx

flyer4512 Apr 22, 19 1:01 pm


Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31025620)
i also was approved on thursday for another AA card using a mailer that expired on 4/15, so i should be getting the approval notice any day now. if it doesn't contain the bonus language, i'll know this time not to spend on the card, and it might mean that i'm blacklisted from future bonuses (i've already gotten like 8 or 9 bonuses, though i know others have gotten more), or they've stopped honoring bonuses from expired mailers (which is lame, because the codes shouldn't be working at all if they weren't going to honor the bonus just because it expired).


My wife has had a about 18 of the AA cards so far and was approved 4/15 using a 4/15 mailer and the letter stating 60k miles arrived last week

I have a bunch of 5/15 mailers I could have used so if this is a expired mailer issue we got lucky

w3stfa11 Apr 22, 19 1:06 pm


Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31025867)
I requested via chat a match from 60K to 65K several days ago, and I just received a snail mail letter telling me they were giving me an additional 5k miles. For another member of my household, we had requested a match from 60K to 70K and were denied. We then requested a match to 65K on that same account, and we haven't heard back yet, but his first statement just posted without any additional miles.

I received the same thing when matching from 60k to 75k. Let me know if you received the match to 65k? I'll also try the same.

rbw5t Apr 22, 19 3:36 pm

Are a lot of people getting the 60k for $2k spend offers that are mentioned by a couple of people upthread? I just got back from a long trip and was excited to check mail for good mailers, and all I had was one mailer for 60k/$4k.

Thanks for any data points!

RobertHanson Apr 22, 19 4:21 pm


Originally Posted by rbw5t (Post 31026397)
Are a lot of people getting the 60k for $2k spend offers that are mentioned by a couple of people upthread? I just got back from a long trip and was excited to check mail for good mailers, and all I had was one mailer for 60k/$4k.

Thanks for any data points!

Yeah, our last 2 mailers, one of which came last Saturday, one a week or so ago, are both $4K/4 months. :(

VegasGambler Apr 22, 19 4:30 pm

I got a 2nd 65k/$2k mailer on the weekend. Same offer, same expiration (6/15), different form factor for the mailer.

RobertHanson Apr 22, 19 4:42 pm


Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31026545)
Yeah, our last 2 mailers, one of which came last Saturday, one a week or so ago, are both $4K/4 months. :(

At least they are for 65K miles. But I'd rather have 60K miles and $3K spend, than 65K miles and $4K spend. Down to one store that will sell me MOs. And my only store that will sell me GCs is out of them, and I'm literally holding my breath to find out if they restock, since they have filled the space for them with Starbucks cards. Impossible for us to cover a combined $6k per month now, $8K per month by June, every 33 days, with just natural spend. :eek:

The only good news today is DWs AAA car insurance was due. They won't let you pay with a CC, but they were happy to accept a VCG for an online payment. ;)

wiivile Apr 22, 19 5:37 pm

Well I got the account approval notice for the card I opened on 4/19 using a mailer that expired on 4/15... see pic below. It seems to have the bonus language on it, so I guess it's safe to spend on that card. I wonder why the account opened on 3/8 with a mailer that expired on 2/15 (see my earlier posts) didn't contain the language and I didn't get the bonus? If it's simply that I waited too long after the mailer expired, that's surprising, since truly expired mailer codes (after like 2 months past stated expiration) don't usually go through at all, it's surprising that they'd open an account with no bonus attached. As much as I'd like to call Citi to inquire as to why the 3/8 card didn't get a bonus, I'd prefer not to have too many eyes on my account with 10 AA cards...

https://i.ibb.co/zn8nSV6/2019-04-22.jpg

flyer4512 Apr 22, 19 5:51 pm


Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31026732)
Well I got the account approval notice for the card I opened on 4/19 using a mailer that expired on 4/15... see pic below. It seems to have the bonus language on it, so I guess it's safe to spend on that card. I wonder why the account opened on 3/8 with a mailer that expired on 2/15 (see my earlier posts) didn't contain the language and I didn't get the bonus? If it's simply that I waited too long after the mailer expired, that's surprising, since truly expired mailer codes (after like 2 months past stated expiration) don't usually go through at all, it's surprising that they'd open an account with no bonus attached. As much as I'd like to call Citi to inquire as to why the 3/8 card didn't get a bonus, I'd prefer not to have too many eyes on my account with 10 AA cards...

https://i.ibb.co/zn8nSV6/2019-04-22.jpg


I see that the date on that letter says 4/19 but are you sure you applied 4/19 ? That would mean you applied Friday 4/19 and received the letter in 3 business days assuming it was mailed Friday by 5pm ish and arrived today.

The letter for my wife's Monday 4/15 ( instant approval) application says 4/17 and arrived Saturday 4/20.

Citi knows exactly what is going on so I wouldn't be too worried about calling or chatting. I'm sure all these new cards benefit Citi somehow, funny numbers most likely as every card they give my wife is a loser for Citi.

wiivile Apr 22, 19 5:57 pm


Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31026757)
I see that the date on that letter says 4/19 but are you sure you applied 4/19 ? That would mean you applied Friday 4/19 and received the letter in 3 business days assuming it was mailed Friday by 5pm ish and arrived today.

The letter for my wife's Monday 4/15 ( instant approval) application says 4/17 and arrived Saturday 4/20.

Citi knows exactly what is going on so I wouldn't be too worried about calling or chatting. I'm sure all these new cards benefit Citi somehow, funny numbers most likely as every card they give my wife is a loser for Citi.

Oops yeah I applied & was approved after calling same day on 4/18. approval notice sent 4/19.

Wiclow61 Apr 22, 19 6:41 pm

Requested a match to 65K from 60K via chat because of all the 75K denial DPs recently. Recieved a confirmation today that 5K miles will be added to my account.

lincoln boy Apr 23, 19 11:13 am

Has anybody received a letter from Citi to send a copy of 9 digit mailer so that Citi can confirm that you were actually solicited after you were approved?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:38 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.