FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

wyogold Jul 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31289494)
But even with poor performance, it's hard to argue with free.

Especially with oneworld partner redemptions with airlines that arent run by Doug Parker. I only ever use AA for positioning flights ...

Robl Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 31289985)
Especially with oneworld partner redemptions with airlines that arent run by Doug Parker. I only ever use AA for positioning flights ...

Yup. Last year wife and I went TATL on Iberia using AA points with an excellent experience in both F and J.

michaelr Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 31284734)
Chat agents can confirm your welcome bonus details.

Chat is a good idea. I will try this tomorrow.

michaelr Jul 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31283691)
You should call Citi to see what they say.

The Citi welcome letter states what the miles offer (e.g., earn 60,000 miles after spending $3,000) is. The card itself arrives separately a few days later.

Hopefully things will work out for you. Good luck.

Another post suggested chat. I will try this first. I am curious what they say but at the same time, I don't want eyes on my account...

digitall10 Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

If anyone is able to share a code by PM that they don't have any use for beyond 7/14 anyways, I would highly appreciate it :) I got into the game this March and so far I've received and used one emailer code but have never received a physical one...thank you!

NTP9766 Jul 11, 2019 4:08 am

Timing will be tight, but I've got one last mailer that I can use before 8/15 (65 days would be 8/8 for me). On a side note, this morning was the very first time that I was able to close a card via chat, even with the CSR letting me know that I had a retention offer available.

gumercindo Jul 11, 2019 6:11 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 31291931)
Timing will be tight, but I've got one last mailer that I can use before 8/15 (65 days would be 8/8 for me). On a side note, this morning was the very first time that I was able to close a card via chat, even with the CSR letting me know that I had a retention offer available.

yeaterday, i closed my 6th card via chat. There were no retention offers, only the typical “you know you can’t re-open this account?” typical disclosure question. Easy peasy.

gumercindo Jul 11, 2019 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 31290228)

Yup. Last year wife and I went TATL on Iberia using AA points with an excellent experience in both F and J.

good for you! I know folks love talking about JAL redemptions to Asia but Iberia redemptions on J to Spain is one of the best ones to Europe out there. I love Spain so for me, AA/oneworld redemptions on Iberia are huge

michaelr Jul 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by michaelr (Post 31291198)
Another post suggested chat. I will try this first. I am curious what they say but at the same time, I don't want eyes on my account...

My bonus did not post on my last card after 6+ successful ones over the last year. I did talk to Chat as suggested and indeed they responded my bonus required $4k spend and not $2k as I had noted. Weird as I used the same type of mailer that my wife did. I completed the additional spend and will report back in a couple of weeks when my statement dates comes around. The good news is that it was most likely my issue.

NTP9766 Jul 12, 2019 3:08 am

The last two mailer cycles produced identical mailers for my two participants, with the lone difference being that one was for $2k spend and the other $4k, so yeah, probably a user error on this one. At least you figured it out in time, though.

gumercindo Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am

Just submitted an app on a 5/15 mailer (which would put me at 63 days). Got the 7-10 day message so I suspect when I call later it will get approved.

Incidentally, I also applied for a Hilton Ascend card and I received the "because you have so many damn cards, you don't qualify for the welcome bonus".

I'm about 16/24

mia Jul 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Moderator action

Discussion of gumercindo's declined American Express application moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-strategy.html

steveo345 Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm

I thought 6/15 is the last mailers Citi was sending out for good but seems like new 7/15 expiry have surfaced. Can anyone confirm this?

mia Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by steveo345 (Post 31297448)
.... 7/15...

Mentioned on July 1:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...l#post31259210

Are you reading the same Reddit report that was mentioned then, or do you know someone who received one?

pcharles Jul 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Instant approval today on 5/15 mailer. Only 6/15 mailers left in my house.

That reddit report is unsubstantiated.