FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

wiivile Apr 23, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 31029165)
Has anybody received a letter from Citi to send a copy of 9 digit mailer so that Citi can confirm that you were actually solicited after you were approved?

After asking for a match, people have received letters from Citi requesting to send a copy of the purported mailer containing the (usually nonexistent) offer (usually 75k).

jkoenig51 Apr 23, 2019 10:18 am

Very interesting that RobertHanson says AAA won't take CC's however will take VGC. Makes me wonder about some other folks that don't take CC's, maybe they also will take VGC?

cheaptom Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31025882)

I always wake it very clear lower Cl on American Airlines card ending in xxxx

Agreed. I type in my last 4 digits when I start, and I always confirm during the chat again. "This is for my account ending in XXXX, right?"

lincoln boy Apr 23, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31029171)
After asking for a match, people have received letters from Citi requesting to send a copy of the purported mailer containing the (usually nonexistent) offer (usually 75k).

The letter from Citi states "our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you." It does not mention anything about bonus match because I have not asked for it yet. I used "friend's" 9 digit code.

wiivile Apr 23, 2019 10:50 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 31029277)
The letter from Citi states "our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you." It does not mention anything about bonus match because I have not asked for it yet. I used "friend's" 9 digit code.

When did you "mention" the offer to them? The only way you get a letter from Citi asking to send them the mailer is when you ask for a match (hence mentioning the offer).

FWIW, I sincerely doubt Citi has any records of who was solicited for what offer (at least not without extreme effort, as their marketing team is likely a completely different department from their credit team). The mailers are sent out en masse to AAdvantage members. They are just putting the burden on you to show the mailer.

Also, do the mailers themselves say that they are non-transferrable? Just curious.

MS_Kid Apr 23, 2019 11:47 am

Has anyone tried sending in a 75k biz mailer to Citi in response to the rematch denial for the personal card? I’m trying to figure out next steps...

VegasGambler Apr 23, 2019 11:59 am

Originally Posted by MS_Kid (Post 31029471)
Has anyone tried sending in a 75k biz mailer to Citi in response to the rematch denial for the personal card? I’m trying to figure out next steps...

In the rejection letter they sent me, they said that the 75k offer was for business accounts.

So I tried to match to 65k over chat...

lincoln boy Apr 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31029285)
When did you "mention" the offer to them? The only way you get a letter from Citi asking to send them the mailer is when you ask for a match (hence mentioning the offer).

FWIW, I sincerely doubt Citi has any records of who was solicited for what offer (at least not without extreme effort, as their marketing team is likely a completely different department from their credit team). The mailers are sent out en masse to AAdvantage members. They are just putting the burden on you to show the mailer.

Also, do the mailers themselves say that they are non-transferrable? Just curious.

You are absolutely correct. This was my friend and he told me (now) that he requested a match and received the letter.

rover4618 Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 31029165)
Has anybody received a letter from Citi to send a copy of 9 digit mailer so that Citi can confirm that you were actually solicited after you were approved?

Nooo ... and can you please state exactly what the letter states and also is there a piece of the story missing here like was this after a match request ??

cheaptom Apr 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 31030077)
... like was this after a match request ??

I think we know the answer... :)

lincoln boy Apr 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 31030077)
Nooo ... and can you please state exactly what the letter states and also is there a piece of the story missing here like was this after a match request ??

Yes. it was after requesting a match.

AndyGator87 Apr 23, 2019 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31021141)
I got a reply about my 2nd match request. Again it said I was not solicited and that I should send the front and back of the offer.

There was one additional line in the letter: "The 75,000 bonus miles offer is for business accounts".

I'm going to try one more time, this time to match to 65k. That is definitely a personal offer. Also, my offer is 50k so if I can get 15k more, that's within 5k of the max, anyway.

I'll be interested to see if the 65k match works. Pretty much same boat as you - used those 50/2500 email offers, denied my last 20k match request, now have 65/2k mailers.

cheaptom Apr 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 31030180)
Yes. it was after requesting a match.

You told them you saw different offers for more miles. They wrote back and said, basically, "Okay, show me that offer."

wiivile Apr 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31030217)
You told them you saw different offers for more miles. They wrote back and said, basically, "Okay, show me that offer."

which is entirely reasonable but unexpectedly competent for citi

flyer4512 Apr 23, 2019 3:33 pm

DP...........Via Chat today rep said he/she would match me to 65K. I will report back when I get the snail mail and points