FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

callmedtop Jan 6, 19 8:56 am

Interesting data point today. Called reconsidation for an app, and per usual the agent put me on hold while she processed. As I was on hold I received a call from a 210 area code number, which I sent to voicemail. The agent then got back on the phone and said that she needed additional time to process, which may take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of days.

I then checked my voicemail, and it was the excat same agent who had literally put me on hold to call my phone and leave me a voicemail. She said she was calling from Citi verification and that I needed to call in to provide a 4-digit security code. So, I called, and was approved in 2 minutes.

Pretty funny that this woman put me on hold to only call my phone and leave me a message as if I wasn’t on the other line with her. Very bizarre.

canyoncar Jan 6, 19 9:03 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 30617471)
Interesting data point today. Called reconsidation for an app, and per usual the agent put me on hold while she processed. As I was on hold I received a call from a 210 area code number, which I sent to voicemail. The agent then got back on the phone and said that she needed additional time to process, which may take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of days.

I then checked my voicemail, and it was the excat same agent who had literally put me on hold to call my phone and leave me a voicemail. She said she was calling from Citi verification and that I needed to call in to provide a 4-digit security code. So, I called, and was approved in 2 minutes.

Pretty funny that this woman put me on hold to only call my phone and leave me a message as if I wasnít on the other line with her. Very bizarre.

I've had the same exact thing happen. they called both my Goog Voice number and a relative's cell phone(!!) to give a pin number, both phone numbers which I never provided to them. I figure they're getting the phone numbers from some sort of public records company
Of course the relative knew it was for me, since I received a text later saying "uhh i got a voicemail from citi?" :D

desikid Jan 6, 19 12:42 pm

I have 2 Citi AA world MC already and have one mailer in hand for 60K/3K . If I apply, will I be approved & eligible for bonus? My last bonus miles were more than 24 mo. back
T&C on mailer says: If you are existing Cit/Aadvantage cardmember, you are not eligible for this offer on your existing account..

I am not sure about the "existing account" wording.. Is it referring to citi card account? If so, then when I apply for new card, I will get new card number which will make it new account anyway.. Or does it refer to "Aadvantage mileage account" ?

Can anyone help please?

flyer4512 Jan 6, 19 3:13 pm

DP..wife applied/approved today using 11/15 mailer 60K. Had to verify code via text and answer a few questions. Last AA apps were 12/4/18 and 9/25/18. Will use chat for 15 K match when card arrives as chat math worked for her last card

rrgg Jan 6, 19 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Richard Berg (Post 30619717)
I saw that DoC post back in Nov, but had no trouble with SM in recent days. It's right back where it always was: account page -> help & support -> contact us -> secure message center.

That doesnít work. It shows existing messages but you canít send a new one or reply. Thatís what people are complaining about.

rover4618 Jan 6, 19 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 30619768)
That doesnít work. It shows existing messages but you canít send a new one or reply. Thatís what people are complaining about.

I can and did sent one 2 days ago got answer today.

AndyGator87 Jan 7, 19 12:00 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30616348)
Is it wise to wait until the match request is acknowledged before meeting the minimum spend? Or does it not matter?

Did not matter for me. I did a simple match request over chat, she said it would be passed on. I had already met minimum spend, but the statement hadn't closed/posted. 4 days later, statement posts and miles are 75,000 instead of 60,000.

jiaogulan Jan 7, 19 8:25 am

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 30593652)
Yep. Asked for 20K, given 15K.

Asked for 20K. Was told to wait for the letter. Been expecting 15K. Letter comes, states I will get 10K. :rolleyes:

On the normal 50K/10K offer we are all getting now.

bobert24 Jan 7, 19 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 30622133)
Asked for 20K. Was told to wait for the letter. Been expecting 15K. Letter comes, states I will get 10K. :rolleyes:

On the normal 50K/10K offer we are all getting now.

Wow. This makes no sense at all.

Actually, reading your original report, did you ask for 20k, or did you ask to be matched to 70k? If you asked for 20k, this makes no sense. If you asked to be matched to 70k, that's exactly what they did, since your 50k/3k + 10k/10k offer has a maximum bonus of 60k.

NTP9766 Jan 7, 19 12:46 pm

One thing I always do is specify exactly how many miles I'm trying to get. I always write out "15k miles" to be sure.

phant0m Jan 7, 19 3:54 pm

I denied for an AA card about a month and a half after getting one. I wonder if it's cause they gave me such a huge limit on the one before..I have another mailer to try in Feb.

AugustWest Jan 7, 19 4:04 pm

HUCA worked with the Chat people for a match. First person was clueless and gave me a number to an unrelated office. Second person was great and said she'd forward my request immediately. Asked for 20K (on a 50+10 offer), so we'll see what I get. I sure do miss SM.

bigboy61 Jan 7, 19 4:26 pm

We just got the letter in the mail from Citi regarding the bonus match I requested. They only give us 5k miles on the 50k + 10k offer. Disappointed... I guess they just gave us 5k to make the maximum bonus 65k.

desikid Jan 7, 19 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30619200)
DP..wife applied/approved today using 11/15 mailer 60K. Had to verify code via text and answer a few questions. Last AA apps were 12/4/18 and 9/25/18. Will use chat for 15 K match when card arrives as chat math worked for her last card

Where to see if mailer has 24 mo. language or not? I have 2 mailers and want to ensure I do get bonus if approved...

cyberkarl Jan 7, 19 5:22 pm

Recently got the Exec card with the 60k bonus on $6k spend. Chat w/Citi requesting additional 15k was successful--got the letter in the mail today.