FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

VegasGambler Apr 9, 2019 7:34 pm

I just sent this over SM:

Hi! I recently sent a message requesting a match to a sign-up bonus of 75,000 miles for my card ending in xxxx.

I got a response in the mail saying that I was not solicited for this offer. I understand that I was not solicited, but, I was hoping that I could be matched to this offer as a one-time courtesy.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Let's see how it goes. I expect a response by mail in a week or so...

dangw20 Apr 10, 2019 1:37 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 30978063)
Hey team - I got the "7- 10 day pending message" after applying for my latest mailer. after approx 36 days from last approved app. Last mailer AAproval required call-in, but not cell verification.

Several apps ago, cell verification was required; they found my cell # in their "database" (it's not listed on my Citi profile) and once I verified the texted code, they approved me.

NOW, they can not find my cell #, which has not changed, although, we moved it to a new cell provider, under wife's name. So they now can ONLY verifiy me by mailing me out the "verification letter" with the code on it, which i will have to WAIT on, and call back, to then open the account.

ANYONE find a way to get your cell # "added" to their lookup method, in order to more quickly get verified and account opened?

Thanks in "Aadvance!"

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30978177)
No expert here, but I've read that they check your phone number with your cell provider to be sure it's yours. But they can't do that now, because you put the account in your wife's name. So on her next app they can verify her, but my guess is you will have to wait for the letter.

I had a similar issue where they couldn't verify my cell phone and I was forced to wait for the snail mail confirmation.

My situation was a bit different than yours in that they wanted to send me the text verification but I was traveling outside the country and had my cell phone turned off (phone line was active though, just the physical phone was turned off). They tried an alternate method to confirm my number (wouldn't explain to me what that meant but I was on hold for several minutes) but that failed for some reason. As a last ditch effort I offered to provide another number they could call to verify me at but they said they had to use the number in the application. Ended up having to wait for the snail mail code which took 3-4 business days.

In my next application I am going to provide my normal number, but also a backup number in case they need to verify me again in the hopes that they can verify one or the other.

A bit of a frustrating process, but with all the fraud that goes on I can't blame the banks for the extra measures they take to confirm it's actually you.

hightide Apr 10, 2019 5:03 am

Originally Posted by dangw20 (Post 30984388)
I had a similar issue where they couldn't verify my cell phone and I was forced to wait for the snail mail confirmation.

My situation was a bit different than yours in that they wanted to send me the text verification but I was traveling outside the country and had my cell phone turned off (phone line was active though, just the physical phone was turned off). They tried an alternate method to confirm my number (wouldn't explain to me what that meant but I was on hold for several minutes) but that failed for some reason. As a last ditch effort I offered to provide another number they could call to verify me at but they said they had to use the number in the application. Ended up having to wait for the snail mail code which took 3-4 business days.

In my next application I am going to provide my normal number, but also a backup number in case they need to verify me again in the hopes that they can verify one or the other.

A bit of a frustrating process, but with all the fraud that goes on I can't blame the banks for the extra measures they take to confirm it's actually you.

Which card is this for?

I have a feeling I was denied for the Citi AA biz card last year because they couldn't confirm my cell number (I gave them a pinger number).
After getting the snail mail code, did you just have to call them with it and they approved you?

GH83 Apr 10, 2019 9:20 am

Has the secure message workaround stopped working for anyone else? Now when I try the credit limit increase/request card agreement method I can no longer click through to the secure message system.

Richard Berg Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am

This is a new one:

Nixon at 11:47, Apr 10:
I would like to update you that matching the miles can be done via phone based on the supervisors approval.

I will be glad to help you with the direct number of our dedicated team. Kindly give them a call and they will take this request to our supervisors.

Nixon at 11:47, Apr 10:
The number for our dedicated team is 1-800-950-5114 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-325-2865). This department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is after requesting a 60->75K match.

My previous AA card was denied 50->70K match in early March (via chat -> snail mail), then later approved for 50->65K (ditto) in mid-March.

gmt4 Apr 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 30985479)
Has the secure message workaround stopped working for anyone else? Now when I try the credit limit increase/request card agreement method I can no longer click through to the secure message system.

VegasGambler Apr 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 30985479)

It works, but sometimes it takes a few tries. If you don't get the right screen, hit the back button on your browser and try again. I find that I get the "old" page about 1/2 the time.

Carl Christensen Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm

2 business cards SM request for match, both received denial letters.

Tried again via chat and chat rep response was positive ... will see if points post.

PresskittJon Apr 10, 2019 1:17 pm

I didn't realize Flyertalk had logged me out so I started reading a bunch of posts from January 2019. Took me about 25 posts before I saw the date.

Everything was the same: match works sometimes. Sometimes by chat, sometimes by secure message.

Just keep on keeping on.

GH83 Apr 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30986055)
It works, but sometimes it takes a few tries. If you don't get the right screen, hit the back button on your browser and try again. I find that I get the "old" page about 1/2 the time.

Thanks. I decided to send my second request via chat. Fingers crossed.

On the upside, they approved another card this afternoon.

dangw20 Apr 11, 2019 12:06 am

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 30984769)
Which card is this for?

I have a feeling I was denied for the Citi AA biz card last year because they couldn't confirm my cell number (I gave them a pinger number).
After getting the snail mail code, did you just have to call them with it and they approved you?

This was for a Personal Citi AA Plat. And yes, as soon as I got the letter I called in and gave them the code and they completed processing and approved me.

I remember the letter they sent was a bit vague. The 'code' that I needed was not specifically mentioned in the body of the letter, and the letter just said that I needed to call in to verify my credit information. The code ended up being 4 random numbers printed on the top right of the page in the header, just below the application number. I almost threw away the letter thinking it was some sort of preliminary letter saying my application couldn't be process, and that the verification letter with the code must be coming later.

jkoenig51 Apr 11, 2019 8:01 am

feb 15 mailers

Will the mailers dated Feb 15 still work?

StartinSanDiego Apr 11, 2019 8:12 am

Originally Posted by jkoenig51 (Post 30988763)
Will the mailers dated Feb 15 still work?

If it will load, it should work.

Carl Christensen Apr 11, 2019 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg (Post 30985576)
This is a new one:

This is after requesting a 60->75K match.

My previous AA card was denied 50->70K match in early March (via chat -> snail mail), then later approved for 50->65K (ditto) in mid-March.

WE GOT NIXON TOO!!!! with the same initial response!

I applied for a Citi business AA card with sign up bonus of miles. However, I see there is a better signup bonus that is being offered that people are getting of 75,000 miles.

You

at :

Will you please match me to that offer?

Nixon

at :

I would like to update you that matching the miles can be done via phone based on the supervisors approval.

I will help you with the direct number of our dedicated team. Kindly give them a call and they will be happy to get this request for matching the miles to the supervisors.

Nixon

at :

The number for our dedicated team is 1-800-950-5114 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-325-2865). This department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

However, after persistence we reached the final conclusion:

Nixon
at :

Not to worry, kindly allow me a moment while I submit the request for you.

You

Nixon

at :

I am glad to inform you that I have successfully submitted the request.

So it appears still possible via chat.

fletchbo Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am

PHONE VERIFICATION follow-up / DPs

Originally Posted by dangw20 (Post 30984388)

PHONE VERIFICATION follow-up / DPs:

I called back in to the application status / recon line the day after they said they would mail me out a letter with the verification code.

BUT this time, I called from my cell #, that they did NOT have on file/could not verify. They checked their notes, then asked if they could call me on the landline that is listed on the current Citi account, and I said yes. While still on the line on my cell line, the rep spawned a call to my landline, with Inbound Caller ID of "CBC Companies" with a 614 area code. I answered it, and an automated 5-digit code was announced. Once I gave this code the Citi rep, I was verified, and they approved my account. I was told to disregard the "need to verify you" letter in the mail that was already sent.

SO, it is good to have two phone lines associated with your name to have them to be able to verify you on. Best to keep the line free, that is listed on the account for them to call you back on!