Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Smerri
With the loss of lounge access and increased TYP redemptions on AA flights, I just cancelled my card since the annual fee was due. Probably closing AmEx platinum next with their fee increase and difficulty to use air credit and Uber credits.
After three years, my father also closed his account this week. He uses the AA Club just about every week, so that was the deal breaker for him. My account anniversary was last month, and I renewed given that I take advantage of the 4th Night free program.

I'm not thrilled about the AA TYP devaluation, but come out well ahead of the game with the 4th night free program. We'll give it another year. Maybe Citi will see the writing on the wall given the CSR and USB Altitude Cards.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
After three years, my father also closed his account this week. He uses the AA Club just about every week, so that was the deal breaker for him. My account anniversary was last month, and I renewed given that I take advantage of the 4th Night free program.

I'm not thrilled about the AA TYP devaluation, but come out well ahead of the game with the 4th night free program. We'll give it another year. Maybe Citi will see the writing on the wall given the CSR and USB Altitude Cards.
I think they more or less had to pick one: 4th night free or AA access. One had to go. July 23 give or take a week is going to be busy for the Prestige CSR's.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
July 23 give or take a week is going to be busy for the Prestige CSR's.
Coincidentally my AF is due right around that time. I'm going to cancel it, since the only benefits I used were the golf and liked the AA club access for the sporadic time I fly AA. As posted in the golf benefit thread, I can't even book a course that's advertised to be part of the program (a TPC course).

Will probably PC it to a Dividend.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Coincidentally my AF is due right around that time. I'm going to cancel it, since the only benefits I used were the golf and liked the AA club access for the sporadic time I fly AA. As posted in the golf benefit thread, I can't even book a course that's advertised to be part of the program (a TPC course).

I cancelled mine yesterday. The PC to Dividend was so convoluted that I backed out at the confirmation moment.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:56 am

I'm hoping to PC to the Doublecash, I hope they let me.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
4th night free, option to purchase airline tickets at 1.3x are sufficient justification for me to keep the card.

As I cancelled an Citi AA Elite Mastercard in Jan '16 when Citi refused to waive the AF, it will be necessary to wait until Jan '18 to open Citi AA Exec Mastercard for Admiral's Club access. To hold me over July 24 - Jan '18, my plan is to redeem Business Extra points for Admiral's Club day passes - upgrades, flight redemption are more hassle than they are worth, based on current sparse award availability.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I'm hoping to PC to the Doublecash, I hope they let me.
When my renewal hit a couple of months ago the offered downgrades to any Citi card. I specifically confirmed the TYP family, Double Cash, and Costco were options.

I kept the card, however. not only did i have a balance of TYPs that i didn't want to give up (by transferring out to an airline-- i would prefer to keep it for booking this summer) I find the T&Cs of this card's travel protections (delay, cancel insurance) to be far superior than any of my other travel cards (UA Club, CSR)
Old May 26, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
When my renewal hit a couple of months ago the offered downgrades to any Citi card. I specifically confirmed the TYP family, Double Cash, and Costco were options.

I kept the card, however. not only did i have a balance of TYPs that i didn't want to give up (by transferring out to an airline-- i would prefer to keep it for booking this summer) I find the T&Cs of this card's travel protections (delay, cancel insurance) to be far superior than any of my other travel cards (UA Club, CSR)
So why didn't you just downgrade to the ThankYou Premier for $95 a year?

You could have kept your ThankYou Points, kept your trip delay/cancellation, and baggage insurance.

The card doesn't come with a $250/year airline credit, $100/5 year global entry fee, or 4th night hotel free based on average cost, but you're still spending $355 less on an annual fee and keeping the most important benefits IMO, unless of course you stay in a hotel for 4+ nights frequently, and then at that point keeping the Prestige is a no brainer.

Can you please explain your reasoning behind that a little bit more?

The Dividend card is worthless now IMHO. I remember Citi offered bonuses on home improvement stores in the middle of a winter... Because I'm sure everyone will go out and buy all of the parts to build a brand new deck in January. The categories are useless... You're better off replacing it with a Double Cash or even the AT&T card.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
... winter...
IAH and MIA don't have winter .
Old May 26, 2017, 8:48 am

I kept prestige vs premier because I got a retention on my prestige but not on premier. Premier got converted to preferred for a couple of cycles and then to ATT.

Is the coverage identical on prestige vs premier ? IIRC prestige covers 3hrs vs 6hrs for premier?

I don't feel the need to keep premier because I've got CSR For travel 3x and I buy gas at Costco most of the time.

Prestige also covers lost purchased items and is the only non Amex that I'm aware of to do so.

I haven't used the fourth night this year but the net cost of prestige vs premier Is the same to me so I kept the more prestigious card. I'm also hoping they add stuff to makeup for the July gutting
Old May 26, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I kept prestige vs premier because I got a retention on my prestige but not on premier. Premier got converted to preferred for a couple of cycles and then to ATT.

Is the coverage identical on prestige vs premier ? IIRC prestige covers 3hrs vs 6hrs for premier?

I don't feel the need to keep premier because I've got CSR For travel 3x and I buy gas at Costco most of the time.

Prestige also covers lost purchased items and is the only non Amex that I'm aware of to do so.

I haven't used the fourth night this year but the net cost of prestige vs premier Is the same to me so I kept the more prestigious card. I'm also hoping they add stuff to makeup for the July gutting
I have to add the free roadside assistance on the Prestige. Citi doesn't really put that feature in big letters on their website while advertising the card.

The Prestige covers lost purchased items? I don't quite understand what you're talking about. Are you saying if you bought something and it got lost through the mail it'd be covered? Or lost baggage from an airline's error? The Premier covers lost baggage.

It also depends on how you use your travel points. 3x turns into 3.75x when redeemed through Citi's portal... But then again UR's are more valuable.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:56 am

The Dividend card is worthless now IMHO. I remember Citi offered bonuses on home improvement stores in the middle of a winter... Because I'm sure everyone will go out and buy all of the parts to build a brand new deck in January. The categories are useless...
Dividend card periodically pays 5X in drug stores, including this quarter.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Dividend card periodically pays 5X in drug stores, including this quarter.
Yes and on gym memberships. Have you seen the categories lately?
Old May 26, 2017, 4:38 pm

I have to add the free roadside assistance on the Prestige. Citi doesn't really put that feature in big letters on their website while advertising the card.

The Prestige covers lost purchased items? I don't quite understand what you're talking about. Are you saying if you bought something and it got lost through the mail it'd be covered? Or lost baggage from an airline's error? The Premier covers lost baggage.

It also depends on how you use your travel points. 3x turns into 3.75x when redeemed through Citi's portal... But then again UR's are more valuable.
I fly united mostly so I use my typ to book UA via Sq's award redemptions. If I need to fly in a pinch and there's no open saver space I use UA miles since I have the club card and status I get more open flights.

Re lost items this is losing something you purchased. I actually lost a wallet once and Amex plat reimb me. I imagine losing something in the mail would count too depending if mail/carriers are excluded but overall a nice feature. Most other cards only cover theft itself

I haven't reviewed roadside assistance. It comes w Amex plat also. Chase one is useless since it caps at $50.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I haven't reviewed roadside assistance. It comes w Amex plat also. Chase one is useless since it caps at $50.
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ssistance.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.