Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by adschnei
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but....

[...]

I'm curious about the 10% redemption bonus.
As noted in the wiki (FAQ #7), there's a separate thread devoted exclusively to the 10% rebate: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...edemption.html
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:03 am

I apologize if this question is a repeat--I did read the wiki and first 5 and last 10 pages in this thread, but I'm still confused.

I have an AA Visa opened June 2013 (19 months ago). It is still open. It is my only citi card of any sort.

Can I apply for the MC, and if so would link #1 or link #3 be better?

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Does not matter which card you used to make the "purchase". As long as the miles came out of the AA account that has this credit card associated with it, you should be good to go. (check your AA account, bonus points are likely already there)

Edit, you both will get the bonus if both of you have a platinum card for which both of you are "sole owner" If your wife is only an AU on your card, then you will get only one set of miles. (because the miles came out of separate AA accounts, one of which does not have AA citi platinum card linked to it)
Thank you! We are both sole owners of our respective cards and not AUs. I just checked and the redemption bonus is in each of our accounts!!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RobFromCT
I apologize if this question is a repeat--I did read the wiki and first 5 and last 10 pages in this thread, but I'm still confused.

I have an AA Visa opened June 2013 (19 months ago). It is still open. It is my only citi card of any sort.

Can I apply for the MC, and if so would link #1 or link #3 be better?

Thanks so much.
Yes you can.

Best to use link #3, since #1 usually works 18 months after an app, but sometimes won't work until after up to 26 months. Link #3 has no exclusion for a Visa at all. Good Luck !
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:47 am

11/14/14: Approved for the citi double cash
12/26/14: Approved for AA Platinum

Should I app for the AA Business or Exec? And which links should I use?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Yes you can.

Best to use link #3, since #1 usually works 18 months after an app, but sometimes won't work until after up to 26 months. Link #3 has no exclusion for a Visa at all. Good Luck !
Thanks. I just applied and was approved instantly.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 pm

So I applied for the personal MC credit card a couple of hours ago. Was approved and all, but have not received any confirmation email or been able to my newly opened profile @ citibank.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:29 pm

13. I activated the card online and got a message about this card replacing an old card. What does that mean?
When activating cards online, Citi normally displays the text:
Was reading the sticky to find this, but I actually got a new card in the mail, so I think something different happened?

I have an ~1mo old account. I saw the "your card is being replaced" after recently registering my Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC for the 50k bonus. I just got in the mail a new card, which is identical (plat select), same card number and everything - EXCEPT, it now says "World elite MC" instead of "World MC".

There is actually a little slip that says "Congratulations on your upgrade from World to World Elite with Chip". It sounds like a product change? I have no idea. My old card is a chip already.

What is this card? How did I get it? What should I do?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:40 pm

I am confusing about the business AA rule. I had a citi AA business mastercard. can I get the bonus again ? Thanks.

in the wiki: 8) This offer is also not available if you previously had a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage card. Do not use if you previously had & closed a business AA card.

in the wiki, it also say" Note that beginning in late 2014, new Citi AA business card offers began including the explicit requirement that the applicant not be an existing AA business cardholder. Older offers without this restriction remain available."
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Hey guys, need your advice. I'm looking to convert one of my Citi cards to the new 1+1 CB card to save on annual fees. I've got the Gold & Platinum Select. As a lifetime Platinum on AA, I believe the only benefits I gain from the Platinum card are:

$100 American Airlines flight discount every card membership year (when spending over $30,000 on the card)
Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back (up to 10,000 miles annually)
Reduced mileage awards at the 7,500 discount level (opposed to 5,000 with Gold)

I'm leaning towards product changing the Platinum card since I don't plan on putting 30k in spend on the card and I've never redeemed for a reduced mileage award. In the end it comes down to an extra $45 annually to get up to 10,000 miles back in years I redeem for award travel, which is probably every other year or so. Is this an accurate summary of the current benefits?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Hey guys, need your advice. I'm looking to convert one of my Citi cards to the new 1+1 CB card to save on annual fees. I've got the Gold & Platinum Select. As a lifetime Platinum on AA, I believe the only benefits I gain from the Platinum card are:

$100 American Airlines flight discount every card membership year (when spending over $30,000 on the card)
Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back (up to 10,000 miles annually)
Reduced mileage awards at the 7,500 discount level (opposed to 5,000 with Gold)

I'm leaning towards product changing the Platinum card since I don't plan on putting 30k in spend on the card and I've never redeemed for a reduced mileage award. In the end it comes down to an extra $45 annually to get up to 10,000 miles back in years I redeem for award travel, which is probably every other year or so. Is this an accurate summary of the current benefits?
If the annual fee is the issue, try calling to cancel. They'll most likely offer you a statement credit for the amount of the fee. I've done this with multiple Citi AA cards for me and the wife. If they don't offer you the credit, cancel and apply for another card that offers some type of bonus that you can use.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by traveler9020
If the annual fee is the issue, try calling to cancel. They'll most likely offer you a statement credit for the amount of the fee. I've done this with multiple Citi AA cards for me and the wife. If they don't offer you the credit, cancel and apply for another card that offers some type of bonus that you can use.
I guess it can't hurt to call and ask for a credit...but if they won't agree I'd rather convert to a card with no annual fee to maintain the average age of my open accounts.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by B747forever
So I applied for the personal MC credit card a couple of hours ago. Was approved and all, but have not received any confirmation email or been able to my newly opened profile @ citibank.
What is your question?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I guess it can't hurt to call and ask for a credit...but if they won't agree I'd rather convert to a card with no annual fee to maintain the average age of my open accounts.
When you call, remember to tell the first CSR you speak with that you're calling to cancel the card. They won't transfer you to the retention department unless they hear the "C" word.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
What is your question?
Why I am not able to log in into my account online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.