Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
EIN or SSN?

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
But I (and some others) have been successfully getting business cards every 3 months.
Are you using EIN or SSN?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Are you using EIN or SSN?
SSN, of course.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I apologize for what I assume to be a really idiotic question, but I am relatively new to churning--I've certainly gotten mileage bonuses from cards before but only with cards I intended to keep.

Is it safe to assume that if we are approved for a card after having applied for the card on a page that offers a mileage bonus, we will receive the mileage bonus after completing the appropriate spend? Or are there ever cases where the card is approved but the corresponding mileage bonus is not?

I ask because the mileage bonus is never mentioned in the confirmation emails I've gotten. And I had an experience last year where I signed up for a 50K Exec (a card I still use for AC access and other benefits) but was only granted 30K after spend, and no amount of arguing with Citi CSRs over the phone changed it. Because of that I'm always nervous about the mileage bonus offer corresponding to whatever I'm approved for.
You should get a letter in mail that welcomes you as a cardmember with benefit and mileage bonus details. I got mine yesterday (applied on 1/27) that indicates the 50k bonus after $2K spend.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More data pt on link No.3. Did husband's app using No.3. Instant approval.

His last one was AA Visa opened May 2013 and closed Apr 2014. Got instant denial in Nov 2014 with the newly designed link that has 2 AAdmiral Club Passes. I believe it is the No.8 now in wiki. Denial letter came with explicit reason of the new customer only restriction - first time seeing Citi put this in writing.

Funny thing is the Experian FICO score on the approval page that is 35 pts HIGHER than a "free" Experian one gotten less than 2 weeks ago for January data though I forgot which bank it is from. One more evidence those "free" FICO scores are worthless, not that those came with the applications mean a lot, but at least those were the real ones being used to screen applications.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Funny thing is the Experian FICO score on the approval page that is 35 pts HIGHER than a "free" Experian one gotten less than 2 weeks ago for January data though I forgot which bank it is from. One more evidence those "free" FICO scores are worthless, not that those came with the applications mean a lot, but at least those were the real ones being used to screen applications.
I'm not sure which score you're comparing it to. Just keep in mind that the FICO Score 8 provided by Citi is not standard. It's a legitimate FICO score, but it's also one of many available. The standard FICO score for credit cards is the non-enhanced Score 8. It's on a 300–850 scale. The FICO provided by Citi is a bankcard enhanced Equifax Score 8, with a scale of 250–900.

The other score that you're comparing this to may be on the standard 300–850 scale, which could explain the 35 point difference.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:14 am

Do the Biz cards also include the bonus and spend requirements in the paperwork with the new card? On my most recent Biz card I did not notice any mention of bonus or spend anywhere.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Superorb
Do the Biz cards also include the bonus and spend requirements in the paperwork with the new card? On my most recent Biz card I did not notice any mention of bonus or spend anywhere.
I didn't see any mention either. It's my first Business card. (Used EIN which I'm now regretting based on this thread.) I met the spend pretty quickly and the corresponding RDM have been credited but I have no clue about whether I'll be getting the bonus miles.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I didn't see any mention either. It's my first Business card. (Used EIN which I'm now regretting based on this thread.) I met the spend pretty quickly and the corresponding RDM have been credited but I have no clue about whether I'll be getting the bonus miles.
Perfect timing. I came here to bump my own question along those lines:

Originally Posted by bobert24
I haven't been able to verify [my bonus qualification] one way or the other. I was hoping the mailer would indicate it, but it doesn't. For those who have recently gotten the business card, did the mailer that the card came in indicate the bonus anywhere at all?
So it looks like we've got 3 datapoints (including one from a first-time cardholder) that the business card mailers don't include any confirmation of the bonus.

Anyone else who's gotten a business card recently: can you confirm or deny this? Has anyone gotten a business mailer that did include a confirmation of the bonus?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:39 am

Also, I've seen a few mentions of being able to do (personal) recon via online chat. Can someone point me in the direction of that link? That's much easier than phone for some of my applications. Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:56 am

So it looks like we've got 3 datapoints (including one from a first-time cardholder) that the business card mailers don't include any confirmation of the bonus.

Anyone else who's gotten a business card recently: can you confirm or deny this? Has anyone gotten a business mailer that did include a confirmation of the bonus?
Let it go. How many do you need? There is no mailed confirmation of the bonus. It's been this way for millennia. Of course you can call and ask.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:01 pm

Let it go. How many do you need? There is no mailed confirmation of the bonus. It's been this way for millennia. Of course you can call and ask.
Personal cards usually have mailed confirmation, and my last 2 business apps had it. So if that's not the case anymore, then great, now we know. But it hasn't always been that way.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

my last 2 business apps had it.
I've never seen that, and I've had >15 business cards, most recently in Nov. 2014.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
I'm not sure which score you're comparing it to. Just keep in mind that the FICO Score 8 provided by Citi is not standard. It's a legitimate FICO score, but it's also one of many available. The standard FICO score for credit cards is the non-enhanced Score 8. It's on a 300–850 scale. The FICO provided by Citi is a bankcard enhanced Equifax Score 8, with a scale of 250–900.

The other score that you're comparing this to may be on the standard 300–850 scale, which could explain the 35 point difference.
The score that is 35 pts higher I talked about is the one on the Application Approval Page, presumably it is used in the approval process?

Are you now saying because this is a Citi application, hence Citi used an "enhanced" score versus the standard score, even it is used in application approval process? Though your wordings sound the opposite?

The 35 pts lower score is one of those "free" scores now several banks provide with their cards as a "benefit".

So I am confused on exactly what you are referring to - whether Citi used an "enhanced" score on the card approval process or not. and whether those "free" scores are standard scores as it is the one that is 35 pts lower.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 3, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was true in the past.

Personal cards usually have mailed confirmation, and my last 2 business apps had it. So if that's not the case anymore, then great, now we know. But it hasn't always been that way.
A recent enhancement. It used not have anything confirmation in mailing.

You can send SM to inquire it if you are so in need to make sure.

I've never seen that, and I've had >15 business cards, most recently in Nov. 2014.
Citi recently has sent out separate mailings on personal cards (the example I saw was HHonors) detailing the bonuses and earnings but it is NOT complete because the fast track to HHonors Gold is not mentioned in the mailing nor the email - but the phone rep confirmed it was one of the benefits.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat
Same as a few others on here. Today I applied for the Citi AA Platinum MC with Link#3 and was instantly approved with $6500 CL. I waited 24 months since my last Citi AA Platinum application and still have that one open. Got the CitiBusiness AA Plat 8 days ago. Will call this week and see about retention offers or if nothing, will close it. Seems like playing it safe you can wait 24 months to re-apply for another Citi AA Plat MC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.