Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by jdbcc
75K/$2k unrestricted offer seems to be dead. RIP.

40K/$1k unrestricted offer is still pulling up for now.
I don't think the 40k link will last long because its been around for awhile and its time for citi to move on to the new year with new set of links.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I think you must have missed post 1188.
I think you may have missed post 1190 where he says he used a target mailer. I was auto denied using the Hilton link, but can churn the mailers.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Tom Schneider
I think you may have missed post 1190 where he says he used a target mailer. I was auto denied using the Hilton link, but can churn the mailers.
In your experience with the mailers...what time of app spacing do you follow? 8/65? Or does it really not matter as long as you're using a mailer?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I get a similar message every time I apply lately. I call in, give the application ID, wait about 10 minutes on hold and I am approved
Thanks. I called, and they're mailing me a 4506-T. For whatever reason, Citi has started to mail me and my wife the requst for a transcript of our tax return every time we apply. No idea what triggered it because I used to churn Citi cards every 33 days with auto approval every time for both of us, and our income hasn't changed. Kind of annoying, but as these links die off it becomes mostly a moot point, and to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of the hobby. It has been very rewarding, but I'm ready for a break.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
Thanks. I called, and they're mailing me a 4506-T. For whatever reason, Citi has started to mail me and my wife the requst for a transcript of our tax return every time we apply. No idea what triggered it because I used to churn Citi cards every 33 days with auto approval every time for both of us, and our income hasn't changed. Kind of annoying, but as these links die off it becomes mostly a moot point, and to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of the hobby. It has been very rewarding, but I'm ready for a break.
Do you comply and send tax info to Citi?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nehawk
In your experience with the mailers...what time of app spacing do you follow? 8/65? Or does it really not matter as long as you're using a mailer?
We have been using 8/65 and it has worked for us. I'm not sure if the flier bypasses 8/65 or not.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
That break will probably end the first time you pay for 2 flights and 7 nights in a decent hotel plus vacation expenses, lol

While it does get tedious at times ( and we certainly would do the same vacations if we had to pay) keeping track of it all it's fun knowing that ( in our case) it's almost all for free as we only pay an AF on our INK, IHG, Southwest cards ( every 2 years) and Hyatt..........We Very rarely buy gift cards that have fees above the card value and are able to make our spends without MS.

I was going to take a break and then I stumbled upon Alaska Airlines and we would like to use them for a Hawaii trip in a few years...........and here we go again, lol
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:30 pm

Smile

That break will probably end the first time you pay for 2 flights and 7 nights in a decent hotel plus vacation expenses, lol
So true! I told my wife I was going to stop, and she said I told her that 6 months ago or whenever I lost my last Serve card. I guess we'll see.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Do you comply and send tax info to Citi?
I do, and they always approve me. It just slows the process way down.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I applied for the Citi HH Visa using the link for the 75k/$2k offer without the 24-month language. I currently have three of these cards open, all younger than 24 months. I applied yesterday and got pending. Today I received email notification I've been approved, and with a much larger CL than I anticipated.

I'll update with confirmation of the 75k bonus offer when I receive the card.
Update: My card arrived late last week. The welcome letter reaffirms the 75k/$2k bonus, and a bonus tracker shows in my account. I've had several other Citi HH cards in recent years so I'm glad I slipped under the wire with this no-24 month exclusion offer before it closed.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:40 am

Update: My card arrived late last week. The welcome letter reaffirms the 75k/$2k bonus, and a bonus tracker shows in my account. I've had several other Citi HH cards in recent years so I'm glad I slipped under the wire with this no-24 month exclusion offer before it closed.
I also took this opportunity to close all of my HH Visas except my oldest and of course the cards I recently opened.

IMO there no need to keep multiples of the same card open for years and try to remember to use them so that they don't get closed for inactivity
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I also took this opportunity to close all of my HH Visas except my oldest and of course the cards I recently opened.

IMO there no need to keep multiples of the same card open for years and try to remember to use them so that they don't get closed for inactivity
Once I confirmed my new account I began closing the three other Citi HH accounts I've held onto. I'd left these open because to close any would have reset the 24-month counter. As it was I'd have reached 24 months next summer. Seizing this recent offer got me an opportunity 8 months ahead of schedule. Plus, it helped calm my wife's eye rolling when I informed her I'd opened another account. "Yes, it's a new account, but in exchange I will close three existing accounts! See? I'm downsizing."
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:30 pm

When was the last time you opened a Citi credit card?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:45 am

Plus, it helped calm my wife's eye rolling when I informed her I'd opened another account. "Yes, it's a new account, but in exchange I will close three existing accounts! See? I'm downsizing."
Yeah, my wife feels the same way about all of this.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:08 am

Once I confirmed my new account I began closing the three other Citi HH accounts I've held onto. I'd left these open because to close any would have reset the 24-month counter. As it was I'd have reached 24 months next summer. Seizing this recent offer got me an opportunity 8 months ahead of schedule. Plus, it helped calm my wife's eye rolling when I informed her I'd opened another account. "Yes, it's a new account, but in exchange I will close three existing accounts! See? I'm downsizing."
Why not ask your wife if she would prefer to pay for the rooms out of her own money instead of using your points from "so many cards".

It sounds like she isn't getting these cards herself. If I was you, I'd also ask if she wants to come along on my next trip. If so, she needs to either do her own churning, or let you do it for her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.