Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
AWESOME JOB !!! The bloggers now have the links

There are currently two links for the Citi Hilton no annual fee card, neither of these links contain language excluding you from getting the bonus if you've received the bonus before. Normally this card will say: "Hilton HHonors Bonus Points are not available if you have had any Citi Hilton HHonors card opened or closed in the past 24 months." But for whatever reason these links do not contain that language, and people have been successful in getting the bonus on these types of links in the past even if they would normally be excluded.

To continue reading this post, go here (http://www.doctorofcredit.com/passwo...tected-post-5/) and enter the password 'citichurn'. You can also discuss the post and links there.
Yup. Some people will never learn. Insist to have everything public and let the bloggers poached the hard work...

Now count the time of these links to go Bye Bye.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:56 pm

awesome job !!! The bloggers now have the links

there are currently two links for the citi hilton no annual fee card, neither of these links contain language excluding you from getting the bonus if you've received the bonus before. Normally this card will say: "hilton hhonors bonus points are not available if you have had any citi hilton hhonors card opened or closed in the past 24 months." but for whatever reason these links do not contain that language, and people have been successful in getting the bonus on these types of links in the past even if they would normally be excluded.

To continue reading this post, go here (http://www.doctorofcredit.com/passwo...tected-post-5/) and enter the password 'citichurn'. You can also discuss the post and links there.
i could not believe the idiotic e/m sent to me by d.o.c. -b4 this i thought he was ok- now i put him in same category as the other bloggers
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:34 pm

Yep. I'm disappointed DoC made the decision to broadcast the way he did.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
Yep. I'm disappointed DoC made the decision to broadcast the way he did.
It'll be interesting to see whether password-protecting the post makes a difference.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
It'll be interesting to see whether password-protecting the post makes a difference.
Let's hope. But if you've gone to the post, you've seen a long list of comments from people who have jumped on the link today. That doesn't bode well. And the e-mail itself to subscribers is very explicit.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by LWT3
Let's hope. But if you've gone to the post, you've seen a long list of comments from people who have jumped on the link today. That doesn't bode well. And the e-mail itself to subscribers is very explicit.
About 75 replies so far and I doubt everyone who applies is leaving a message not to mention other sites follow DOC and have most likely re posted the links
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:18 pm

I was approved for this card back in March of this year and I still currently have it open, does anyone know if you can get approved for it again while you already have it open?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So if I already have the card, and I applied for the one without the language, and I get the pending message asking to call for immediate decision, do I call or do I just wait it out?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by gizayabasu
So if I already have the card, and I applied for the one without the language, and I get the pending message asking to call for immediate decision, do I call or do I just wait it out?
I called after receiving the same message as usual and was transferred to a supervisor who said no dice, because I'd already been approved for the same card recently. So, if it were me, I wouldn't call.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by zerosoul
I was approved for this card back in March of this year and I still currently have it open, does anyone know if you can get approved for it again while you already have it open?
Sure can, I have had four 75K HH Visas since July

Originally Posted by gizayabasu
I had to call every time, they approved me each time and never even asked a question about my applications
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had to call every time, they approved me each time and never even asked a question about my applications
Approved after calling in. Thanks! Hopefully the bonus is tracked on mine.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: All of em...
Pending, asked to call, called in, put me on the typical hold and for the first time ever on a Citi personal card - I was straight denied instead of asked to move credit! I have a TON of citi cards, but no Citi apps in 6+ months... However I DID just apply for 3 new cards 2 weeks ago. I always apply for my cards together so I wonder if he thought it was a flag. I'll call recon when the letter comes.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:24 pm

Ughh, got the DoC email this morning and knew it was going to die a short death. I don't know why he posted it, password or not.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:56 pm

Ughh. Was waiting to pull the trigger on this one to let a lot of inquiries age. Saw the DOC post earlier today and just went to Reddit and saw that it was posted publicly with no password. Went ahead and rolled the dice before it gets shut down and went to pending. I doubt I'll call in as I have wayyyy too many apps with other banks lately and a lot of credit with Citi that I haven't used in a while.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:06 am

Someone needs to ban Dan M whoever this Dan M is, apparently he sent the links to DoC, i understand the disappointment of most here, we'll see how things will go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.