Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, no "now" to it: Citi has been doing that for decades. It's just they aren't consistent about exactly how long the inactivity needs to be before they do it.

The general advice (across all banks) to avoid this has always been to use a "sockdrawered" card at least once a year.
Agreed. Good advice.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:34 pm

75K restricted (24-month rule) offers appear to have expired; wiki updated. Please post 75K offer links you know of.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You first need to verify that Citi counted $1000+ HH hotel spend on the card in 2016. Did you verify that (either by going through your statements with a calculator or by asking them)? Without that much HH hotel spend, there's no such bonus.

Also, did you ask them when it's supposed to post? Maybe it just takes longer than you think?

Yes, since it's a feature of the card, definitely start with Citi.

You'd only want to bother Hilton if Citi says (on your statement) they sent 10k points but days later it didn't show up at Hilton.
Followed up with Citi , looks like since the property was a "Curio" property, it wasn't showing up as a Hilton hotel for them. They asked me to send them proof that it is a Hilton, but the citi SM doesn't have a way for me to send attachments...

should be ok once I'm able to send it through though, will update if they give me more trouble.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
75K restricted (24-month rule) offers appear to have expired; wiki updated. Please post 75K offer links you know of.
I added a 75k link w/24 month restriction to wiki.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:19 pm

denied for 2nd card

I used link for 75k, and waited 45 days to do the 40k link. I was instantly denied for 2nd app. Got letter and called. She said I can't have 2 of the same card opened at once, which I was able to do in the past. Letter said --you've submitted multiple applications for credit. I don't think I can now do more than 1 app every 60 days, either. Rules don't seem to be same for everyone.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by lyst
I used link for 75k, and waited 45 days to do the 40k link. I was instantly denied for 2nd app. Got letter and called. She said I can't have 2 of the same card opened at once, which I was able to do in the past. Letter said --you've submitted multiple applications for credit. I don't think I can now do more than 1 app every 60 days, either. Rules don't seem to be same for everyone.
I agree it appears the rules are not the same for everyone. I was approved for a HH on 12/12 and an AAdvantage card on 1/3. I wonder if it matters if you're applying for two of the same card within 60 days. Any data points out there?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by felicity5
I got the $75k card without the 24 month language and I just finished the spend.
Can I now apply for the 40k reddit link in the wiki without the 24 month language and get the same card again and receive the bonus?
Data point. I lowered my c/l and applied using the reddit 40k link and was instantly denied.
I'll let you know the reason when I get the letter.

Last edited by felicity5; Jan 22, 2017 at 7:33 pm Reason: Letter. Said denied because you have submitted multiple apps for credit
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:29 pm

Data point. I lowered my c/l and applied using the reddit 40k link and was instantly denied.
I'll let you know the reason when I get the letter.

How long has it been since your last Citi application ( for any citi card) and how long since you lowered your CL ?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:32 pm

We're seeing many more data points on 'Too many recent inquiries' as the reason for instant denial, take a look at the AAdvantage no 24-month language posts. We aren't sure what is exactly causing the denial.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lyst
Is this the Citi no more than 6 cards in IIRC 6 months rule they where enforcing a while back ?

I received this denial response to a 10/12 app and an approval on 12/14 ?
Citi is soooo inconsistent Thank God
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:26 am

Applied for the 40k link w/out the 25 month language on Friday, had to call to be approved (this always happens with these Hilton cards, don't know why), got the letter yesterday saying that I would receive the 40k points.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
How long has it been since your last Citi application ( for any citi card) and how long since you lowered your CL ?
My last citi app before the recent 75k approval in November was August 2015 although I closed several citi platinum cards last year.
I lowered the credit limit only a few days before I applied for the 40k. Perhaps I should have waited a week or more.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:25 pm

My last citi app before the recent 75k approval in November was August 2015 although I closed several citi platinum cards last year.
I lowered the credit limit only a few days before I applied for the 40k. Perhaps I should have waited a week or more.
I lower CL's after I make the spend and pay the balance
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:34 pm

You can ask the agent to look at recently reduced lines. My agent caught that before I said anything last week.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mikex163
Applied for the 40k link w/out the 25 month language on Friday, had to call to be approved (this always happens with these Hilton cards, don't know why), got the letter yesterday saying that I would receive the 40k points.
I haven't seen any data points on people with the 40k bonus trying to match to the 75k bonus. Would you be willing to SM Citi and see if they'll give you 75k? Or if anyone has done this and could let us know if they bit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.