Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by miasmal
I just got approved for 75k/$2k offer without 24-mo language as well. First Citi card. After some time (say a month of so), I would like to get a second card for additional bonus.

Am I able to apply for the same 75k card again without canceling the one I have? Is the 40k/$1k without 24-mo language the same card? Can I go 75k (1), 75k (2), cancel (1), 75k (3), etc.?
Assuming there is a link without 24 month language available at that point, you can get another card with the current one still open. BUT several of us have recently been denied with language that makes it seem that Citi now limits approvals to once every 60 (+?) days. Not enough data points to know for sure, but several that seem to indicate that. If you apply at the one month point, and are denied, you will have to wait at least 60 days from that denial before applying again.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by miasmal
I just got approved for 75k/$2k offer without 24-mo language as well. First Citi card. After some time (say a month of so), I would like to get a second card for additional bonus.
Reports lately are that Citi is limiting to only one app every 60 days, but I'd count 65+ days to be on the safe side as Citi has been known to count incorrectly.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
several of us have recently been denied with language that makes it seem that Citi now limits approvals to once every 60 (+?) days. Not enough data points to know for sure, but several that seem to indicate that. If you apply at the one month point, and are denied, you will have to wait at least 60 days from that denial before applying again.
Originally Posted by Superorb
Reports lately are that Citi is limiting to only one app every 60 days, but I'd count 65+ days to be on the safe side as Citi has been known to count incorrectly.
I'm pretty confident in saying that this is not a blanket Citi policy. For example, here's a brand new post in the Citi AA master thread attesting to 2 approvals 27 days apart:
Originally Posted by jdbcc
was approved w/ bonus...only 27 days after my last Citi approval no less, and with many more than 6 inquiries in 6 months.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:56 pm

75K/$2k unrestricted offer seems to be dead. RIP.

40K/$1k unrestricted offer is still pulling up for now.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm pretty confident in saying that this is not a blanket Citi policy. For example, here's a brand new post in the Citi AA master thread attesting to 2 approvals 27 days apart:
That was me, but remember I used a targeted mailer which seems to bypass the app timing restrictions.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:59 pm

I'm seeing the same thing. Will leave the 75K link up for the time being in case it returns from the grave.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:34 pm

I'm surprised it made it ~21 days after DOC sent his email.

I'm sure people will start hitting the 40 link hard now so if anyone is thinking about getting a 40k card I wouldn't wait long
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm surprised it made it ~21 days after DOC sent his email.

I'm sure people will start hitting the 40 link hard now so if anyone is thinking about getting a 40k card I wouldn't wait long
(A) Broadcasting this was a real dick move by DoC.

(B) I just applied using the 40K link because I fully expect it to die soon. Got "further processing required." Usually that works out well for me. We'll have to see though; I have a lot of hard pulls in the last 6 months. I don't know how any bank employee would approve an applicant when they see the pattern of an obvious churner, but it hasn't stopped Citi before.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
(A) Broadcasting this was a real dick move by DoC.

(B) I just applied using the 40K link because I fully expect it to die soon. Got "further processing required." Usually that works out well for me. We'll have to see though; I have a lot of hard pulls in the last 6 months. I don't know how any bank employee would approve an applicant when they see the pattern of an obvious churner, but it hasn't stopped Citi before.
I get a similar message every time I apply lately. I call in, give the application ID, wait about 10 minutes on hold and I am approved
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Superorb
Would a rejected app restart the clock? I had applied for a 2nd Citi card assuming the 8/65 day rule was still in place and was auto rejected.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Would a rejected app restart the clock? I had applied for a 2nd Citi card assuming the 8/65 day rule was still in place and was auto rejected.
Answered in FAQ #3 (How frequently can I apply for these cards?) in the wiki above.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:40 am

Wasn't that for a targeted mailer? Those seem to bypass several rules.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:41 am

Answered in FAQ #3 (How frequently can I apply for these cards?) in the wiki above.
Referencing the Wiki only works when the Wiki is correct. Might be worth adding some language that Citi seems to be applying a 1 application per 2 months instead of the 8/65 rule the Wiki references. I applied for my 2nd Citi card within 65 days and more than 8 days after the first one and was auto rejected by Citi. I don't think the rule in the Wiki is as reliable as it used to be. Now I'm trying to figure out how rejected apps affect this timeline.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Might be worth adding some language that Citi seems to be applying a 1 application per 2 months instead of the 8/65 rule the Wiki references.
I think you must have missed post 1188.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:06 am

I think you must have missed post 1188.
I see the answer to my question on a denial but I do think that the Wiki isn't as reliable as it used to be in this case. I think it's more of a 1/65 rule unless you have a targeted mailer.

Last edited by Nehawk; Dec 13, 2016 at 10:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.