Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Yup. Some people will never learn. Insist to have everything public and let the bloggers poached the hard work...

Now count the time of these links to go Bye Bye.
If we don't talk about it, how would you or I know about these deals/links, do we now have to form a secret society and share everything in secret, who would decide who to share it with and who we shouldn't, it is disappointing when some people are irresponsible, but i am not sure how we can weed that out while allowing new responsible people to participate in our hobby, i am not sure what we should do in the future but we should figure this out together.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:31 pm

Given the current situation I figured I would give the 75K another shot for my dad before it dies.

I just applied and had to call in, no questions about application. On hold 15 minutes but was approved.

He has now churned the 75K card 3 times since July assuming the 75K letter shows up which I'm confident it will.

EDIT, decide to grab one more for my wife, same deal, called in and approved.

My wife was/is our 5/24 person so she hasn't applied for a card since February

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 23, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
It'll be interesting to see whether password-protecting the post makes a difference.
It is already on blogs not restricting access. Water under the Bridge now.

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Someone needs to ban Dan M whoever this Dan M is, apparently he sent the links to DoC, i understand the disappointment of most here, we'll see how things will go.
Nobody can keep it underwrapped forever but at least it can prolong the shelf-life... But, nope. We need to "share". Good for you to do that and now trying to ban someone? LOL.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:12 am

Good for you to do that and now trying to ban someone? LOL.
i am not sure what i did other than sharing my links here , that guy sent the links to DoC, who went and happily shared this with the entire world to increase traffic to his website. i don't churn this card and i honestly have no interest in it, but i too would like to see the links off blogs. the reason the previous links were here for a long period is that we had limited discussion in public thread about what we should and shouldn't share, we just pasted the links and moved on, the recent debate on whether we should or shouldn't share the current links opened up some eyes to this thread that had limited traffic in the past.
I am sure we will do a better job with the next set of links when and if they become available.

Last edited by ninim2200; Nov 24, 2016 at 2:19 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:36 am

i am not sure what i did other than sharing my links here , that guy sent the links to DoC, who went and happily shared this with the entire world to increase traffic to his website. i don't churn this card and i honestly have no interest in it, but i too would like to see the links off blogs. the reason the previous links were here for a long period is that we had limited discussion in public thread about what we should and shouldn't share, we just pasted the links and moved on, the recent debate on whether we should or shouldn't share the current links opened up some eyes to this thread that had limited traffic in the past.
I am sure we will do a better job with the next set of links when and if they become available.
This isn't ninim2200's fault. It's 100% DoC's fault. Just a douche move on his part to kill a deal for the sake of driving traffic to his site.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
This isn't ninim2200's fault. It's 100% DoC's fault. Just a douche move on his part to kill a deal for the sake of driving traffic to his site.
Concur.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LWT3
Originally Posted by beltway
Concur.
It wasn't ninim2200's fault per se. But he could certainly heed some of the advice posted on the thread and keep the discussion more discreet. Nope. Someone wanted to prove his ability in the name of doing good for the world despite others had warned the reality ain't ever ended that way.

Personally I dont have any beef on this HH zombie offer but since I have seen too many cases how a zombie link got killed - inevitably because someone refused to heed the advice of being more discreet, I felt it is a good wake up call that is worth to bring to the attention of the community. Unfortunately history will repeat, regardless how many lessons have presented in front of people.

Oh, just fwiw - not only the link is all over the usual places such as reddit, it is also on non-English sites, including the site that HACKED yet another AMEX 100K/$3K Plat card link to become publicly accessed. It is on DoC site shortly after and deceivingly posted as "Public Offer" - it is NOT, it is hacked by a non-English blogger who readily informed the readers this was a Hacked link not a Public Offer. Yet DoC posted it and told their readers that was a "Public Link". At least there were a few posts in the comment section pointed out otherwise.
Bless those who risk it even after the infamous 100K link back in May.... The 2nd hacked link lasted 6 hours, no doubt the surge of applications triggered flags designed by the analytical tools then the link was shut down.

It would be a miracle that the Citi's links survive much longer when a surge of applications hit the bank's analytical tools data base. Think W to WE ... when it became "mainstream"... Those who really want the bonus should act fast.

As for DoC - the guy basically ruins a lot of trust he has tried to build by pretending he is not among the bad bloggers. Guess Money still Talks. He is just as unethical as the rest of the pack that are infamously so. May be Doc desperately want to generate more traffic for a deal coming his way a la TPG fashion.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 24, 2016 at 10:10 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:04 am

Someone needs to ban Dan M whoever this Dan M is, apparently he sent the links to DoC, i understand the disappointment of most here, we'll see how things will go.

What good is banning someone one when

1. They can still read the forum without being a member

2. Even if they couldn't read it they could just sign up again.

While the links were in the WIKI until recently there wasn't much talk stating that they could be churned.

When people asked questions about churning I replied via SM so that it didn't become public knowledge, I SM'd at least a dozen people since the summer telling them the link was churnable and asking them to keep it quiet which all except one ( not NiMim2000) poster did.

That being said, YES, this card is churnable and yes you can already have the card open or have recently applied for a Reserve card. I had to call in to get approved on every one ( ~8 new cards ) of these cards that I opened for myself, my dad and my wife

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 24, 2016 at 11:14 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:40 pm

It wasn't ninim2200's fault per se. But he could certainly heed some of the advice posted on the thread and keep the discussion more discreet. Nope. Someone wanted to prove his ability in the name of doing good for the world despite others had warned the reality ain't ever ended that way.
we have been pasting links here since january, just because one person didn't like it , that doesn't mean we should stop doing that, I found the links, i shared the links, get over it, anyone that find any links that doesn't want to share , don't it's up to the person that finds them, i was the 1st to get the none 24m links, i shared it here, beltway asked people for months to try it, no one would, until someone finally did in march, again, i found a 75k link short after that and a 40k short after, if anyone doesn't want these links just don't use them, enough with this crap.

Last edited by ninim2200; Nov 24, 2016 at 11:30 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:57 pm

On the other side of blaming DoC:
I also received email with password protected link, however doubted about appling as I, my wife and my dad are all 4 months away from 24 months re-application. So today I checked my pre-qualified offers through Citi on all three names. My and my dad's pre-quals showed Citi HHonors 75k and had no 24 months wording (applied and got approved for both). Both links had wording that bonus is for new accounts only.

Wife's pre-qual didn't show any Citi Hhonors card -most likely because she still has one card. She opened it in 2013 and we are keeping it to increase length of credit history. However if bonuses on both approved accounts post, I will be closing that account in 4 months after new card approval.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by kalvydas
On the other side of blaming DoC:
I also received email with password protected link, however doubted about appling as I, my wife and my dad are all 4 months away from 24 months re-application. So today I checked my pre-qualified offers through Citi on all three names. My and my dad's pre-quals showed Citi HHonors 75k and had no 24 months wording (applied and got approved for both). Both links had wording that bonus is for new accounts only.

Wife's pre-qual didn't show any Citi Hhonors card -most likely because she still has one card. She opened it in 2013 and we are keeping it to increase length of credit history. However if bonuses on both approved accounts post, I will be closing that account in 4 months after new card approval.

Did you have Reserve Card offers ? Those are far more valuable than a SINGLE 75K card.

Personally I would have still used the 75K link that we know for a fact is churnable.

GL
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:47 pm

I think by "Public Offer", DoC meant that anyone could apply and potentially be approved. That's to say it is not by invite only. Maybe I am reading this wrong, but that's how I took it.

As for complaining about DoC and amateurs leaking deals, here's the world today: The reddit churning thread has over 60,000 followers. Deals shown there explode and unintended offers rarely last more than a few hours. It's like all you can eat at the buffet-someone always grabs all the good shrimp. I laugh at those who apply, then ask "what do I do with the miles?"

If a civilian sends a blogger a tip, they print it or the next blogger does 10 minutes later. The honest ones at least underscore where the best offers are instead of only listing their inferior affiliate links.

This is not 2013, unfortunately. Keeping deals quiet when they've been posted on publicly available sites? As the Beach Boys sang "Wouldn't It Be Nice".

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Nov 24, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I think by "Public Offer", DoC meant that anyone could apply and potentially be approved. That's to say it is not by invite only. Maybe I am reading this wrong, but that's how I took it.

As for complaining about DoC and amateurs leaking deals, here's the world today: The reddit churning thread has over 60,000 followers. Deals shown there explode and unintended offers rarely last more than a few hours. It's like all you can eat at the buffet-someone always grabs all the good shrimp. I laugh at those who apply, then ask "what do I do with the miles?"

If a civilian sends a blogger a tip, they print it or the next blogger does 10 minutes later. The honest ones at least underscore where the best offers are instead of only listing their inferior affiliate links.

This is not 2013, unfortunately. Keeping deals quiet when they've been posted on publicly available sites? As the Beach Boys sang "Wouldn't It Be Nice".
Good to read you change camp from Private Groups (that even have some sort of "vetting") in the past to now embrace the reality of internet.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:08 am

Good to read you change camp from Private Groups (that even have some sort of "vetting") in the past to now embrace the reality of internet.
No change at all. I spoke about publc info and groups; you spoke about private groups.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
That being said, YES, this card is churnable and yes you can already have the card open or have recently applied for a Reserve card. I had to call in to get approved on every one ( ~8 new cards ) of these cards that I opened for myself, my dad and my wife
Did you get denied, and then call in and turn it into an approval? Of just call in when requested to do so?

DW applied for a regular HH card Oct 16, with an app without 24 month language, and was requested to call in, but didn't do so. A week or so later the app was approved. Then in early November she applied again with the same link, and got an instant denial. The denial letter dated Nov 12 says "You have submitted multiple applications for credit".

Just to be sure she hadn't forgotten a Citi app, we used the denial date to get a free Experian report. Her Citi apps are Nov 11 (denied), Oct 16 (approved) and before that only March 31. The denied app was her 4th app in 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.