Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson

DW applied for a regular HH card Oct 16, with an app without 24 month language, and was requested to call in, but didn't do so. A week or so later the app was approved. Then in early November she applied again with the same link, and got an instant denial. The denial letter dated Nov 12 says "You have submitted multiple applications for credit".

Just to be sure she hadn't forgotten a Citi app, we used the denial date to get a free Experian report. Her Citi apps are Nov 11 (denied), Oct 16 (approved) and before that only March 31. The denied app was her 4th app in 6 months.
There have been a few data points suggesting the 8/65 rule has been changed to no more than one Citi app within a 60 day period. The second app within 60 days gets an auto-denial.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
No change at all. I spoke about publc info and groups; you spoke about private groups.
Whatever in Private Groups would quickly become public knowledge - that is my point all along and that seems to be a reality you come to accept, whether you would admit it or not does not really matter. Fact is, there is no more private knowledge at least not for very long - soon it becomes public knowledge. The best one could do though, is to make the "public" not so public as to 60K subs to Reddit would have access. Whatever the secret societies such as Travel Codex etc, wont be able to keep any secret - all it takes is ONE person who decides to broadcast it.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Whatever in Private Groups would quickly become public knowledge - that is my point all along and that seems to be a reality you come to accept, whether you would admit it or not does not really matter. Fact is, there is no more private knowledge at least not for very long - soon it becomes public knowledge. The best one could do though, is to make the "public" not so public as to 60K subs to Reddit would have access. Whatever the secret societies such as Travel Codex etc, wont be able to keep any secret - all it takes is ONE person who decides to broadcast it.
Non-public communication can be a rich resource when conducted by people with mutual goals and activity, mutual respect and no need to browbeat others. Whatever you may or may not know about private groups, you know nothing about my experience or what I have "...come to accept..".

I am surprised the mods want this way off-topic rambling, even from an 'evangelist'.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Nov 26, 2016 at 12:27 am
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: All of em...
The good news guys is that this card is not that high of demand for your average "churner." This is only an exciting link for those who already have this card and want another, and frankly I think these are low on the priority list for a lot of the n00bs. Now for me who's had like 7.... bring it on! Hope it's still around in 60 days.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
The good news guys is that this card is not that high of demand for your average "churner."
Furthermore, it's not in high demand by those who used the Citi tightening up of churning to heavily cut back on personal card churning in a hope of someday getting below 5/24 (and thus being able to apply for some Chase cards). So even I, who a couple years ago was churning this card in between Citi AA Plat (when W->WE loopholes were confirmed available), am not planning to churn it now (because I've got enough Hilton points to last me many years, but could use some more United miles, etc).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:28 pm

Crap, I applied and 60 days hadn't passed yet, so I got an instant denial

"After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your application. You will receive written notification with the reasons for the decision."

I still had the old 30 days in mind. Does anyone known if this resets the clock again?

Thanks for your help!!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Crap, I applied and 60 days hadn't passed yet, so I got an instant denial

"After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your application. You will receive written notification with the reasons for the decision."

I still had the old 30 days in mind. Does anyone known if this resets the clock again?

Thanks for your help!!
Unfortunately it does reset it. You'll have to wait another 60 days to apply again.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jdbcc
Unfortunately it does reset it. You'll have to wait another 60 days to apply again.
I'm not sure that's true. I applied on August 27th and was auto-denied for having too many recent hard pulls. I applied again on October 10th after a few apps had rolled off my six month record and was approved.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
As stated here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

◾Earn an Annual Loyalty Bonus of 10,000 Bonus Points at the end of each calendar year when you spend $1,000 or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio

I've spent <$1,000 on Hilton stays in 2016. If I book a prepaid reservation for Jan 2017 which would bring my total spending in 2016 to over $1,000, would I get this bonus in early 2017?

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry

I've spent <$1,000 on Hilton stays in 2016. If I book a prepaid reservation for Jan 2017 which would bring my total spending in 2016 to over $1,000, would I get this bonus in early 2017?
I don't know, so this is purely a guess, but I don't think you would get the bonus. I think it's likely Citi and Hilton would tie the customer bonus to when Hilton recognizes the revenue for accounting purposes rather than when they receive payment. My guess is that Hilton pays Citi something extra for Citi to give customers the 10,000 bonus points, and Hilton would likely tie that expense to the period in which they book the revenue from your stay. Hilton would view the 2017 reservation as a 2017 event even if you pay for it in 2016.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:21 pm

As stated here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

◾Earn an Annual Loyalty Bonus of 10,000 Bonus Points at the end of each calendar year when you spend $1,000 or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio

Thanks!

Why not just get a new card and another 75K bonus points, charge the $1000 on the new card and if it works you'll get an extra 10K points, 89K total with the spend
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Why not just get a new card and another 75K bonus points, charge the $1000 on the new card and if it works you'll get an extra 10K points, 89K total with the spend
I just canceled the Reserve card this year, don't think I'm eligible to get another one with bonus so soon. I guess there are the AMEX cards, but I really need to book soon and want to take a pause on CC applications.

The Jan 2017 Hilton reservation I want to book prepaid now is >$1,000 by itself (including taxes) - would the 10K bonus post after the stay, or after the end of 2017?

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:34 am

I just canceled the Reserve card this year, don't think I'm eligible to get another one with bonus so soon. I guess there are the AMEX cards, but I really need to book soon and want to take a pause on CC applications.

The Jan 2017 Hilton reservation I want to book prepaid now is >$1,000 by itself (including taxes) - would the 10K bonus post after the stay, or after the end of 2017?

Thanks.
One of the links in the wiki does not have the 24 month language, so you should be fine if you applied now.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I applied for the Citi HH Visa using the link for the 75k/$2k offer without the 24-month language. I currently have three of these cards open, all younger than 24 months. I applied yesterday and got pending. Today I received email notification I've been approved, and with a much larger CL than I anticipated.

I'll update with confirmation of the 75k bonus offer when I receive the card.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I just got approved for 75k/$2k offer without 24-mo language as well. First Citi card. After some time (say a month of so), I would like to get a second card for additional bonus.

Am I able to apply for the same 75k card again without canceling the one I have? Is the 40k/$1k without 24-mo language the same card? Can I go 75k (1), 75k (2), cancel (1), 75k (3), etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.