Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Everyone also thought the AA links would never end.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by deant
Everyone also thought the AA links would never end.
Only a fool would think any of this will never end.

As I told you in the PM, 40K links here without the 24 month language have died and been replaced and the 40K link I used this time is not the same 40K link I used 11/6/16.

My wife got a 75K card on 11/23/16 so I'm guessing the 75K link wasn't available on 11/6 or I would have used it.

I can safely say I have had more of these Hilton cards than anyone on this forum so I have a clue as to what I'm doing.

I did a quick scan back the past few months of posts and haven't seen anyone say they received the 40k on the churnable link so I figured my DP might be of value to some
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512

I can safely say I have had more of these Hilton cards than anyone on this forum so I have a clue as to what I'm doing.
How many hard pulls are you up to now for EX and EQ? Gotta be getting up there.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
How many hard pulls are you up to now for EX and EQ? Gotta be getting up there.
I have never looked at my credit pulls. I can tell you I have 13 new cards since September.

I also get cards for 3 people and don't always specify who a certain card is for so it may seem like I apply for more cards for myself than I do
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:31 pm

I have never looked at my credit pulls. I can tell you I have 13 new cards since September.

I also get cards for 3 people and don't always specify who a certain card is for so it may seem like I apply for more cards for myself than I do
Ahh, gotcha. But still, I'm glad to see 13 cards in 8 months hasn't been an issue for you.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Ahh, gotcha. But still, I'm glad to see 13 cards in 8 months hasn't been an issue for you.
I did have one Citi denial back in October I believe and have had to call in for approval lately and that's when I backed off to one Citi app ~ 60 days.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:11 pm

I have a HH Visa that has been open since 2012. At one time I had over a dozen HH Visas open but closed them all ( except my oldest) last year.

What reason did they give fore denying you the HH Visa ? If they will approve an AA there is no reason why they wouldn't approve a Hilton Visa.
You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

The previous app was 28 days earlier.
The app prior to that was 46 days prior, so 72 days before my 'multiple applications for credit denial.'

Same thing happened to my spouse. We got one AA card every 35 or so days before this denial, and continue after it. We just can't figure it out.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by MadMadso
You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

The previous app was 28 days earlier.
The app prior to that was 46 days prior, so 72 days before my 'multiple applications for credit denial.'

Same thing happened to my spouse. We got one AA card every 35 or so days before this denial, and continue after it. We just can't figure it out.
we moved our apps back to 1 citi every 61 days or so
Old May 2, 2017, 9:44 am

Just an FYI, one of the links i had for 40k no 24m has died, this makes the link in the wiki, one of the last links we have.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:14 pm

All the 75k links in the wiki appear to be dead. Are there any good 75k links anymore? I'm ok with 24 month language.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
All the 75k links in the wiki appear to be dead. Are there any good 75k links anymore? I'm ok with 24 month language.
I only have 60k-1k spending, i added it to the wiki.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:51 pm

Quick question if anyone has experience with timing of COMPLETING THE SPEND on two applications where one has the 24 month language and one does not.

Here is the specific circumstances:
Applied FIRST for the standard offer on the Citi Hilton Reserve of 2 Free Weekend Nights after making $2,500 in purchases in 4 months (available at https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card). THIS OFFER DOES CONTAIN 24 MONTH RESTRICTION. At approval agent confirmed that I would receive the offer.

Eight days later applied for the Citi Hilton no-fee card offer of 40,000 points after $1K spend in 4 months offer in this WIKI (the one that still works) that has no 24 month restriction.

Was approved for both cards but very quickly completed the $1K spend on the Citi Hilton no-fee card and received the 40K points. I just want to make sure that once I spend the $2,500 on the Reserve card that I will still get the 2 FWN?

In other words, if you meet the criteria at the time an application is approved (ie no open or closed Citi Hilton Honors cards) but then do open another card prior to getting the bonus do you lose the offer you were approved for?

Hopefully that is not the case and the approval of the card with the offer is the governing factor.

Anyone know for sure?

What happens if you do apply for a Hilton Card offer that does have 24 month restriction where you are not eligible. Will the card automatically be declined or will they approve the application if you qualify and alert you you are not eligible or can they just approve and not say anything.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Quick question if anyone has experience with timing of COMPLETING THE SPEND on two applications where one has the 24 month language and one does not.

Applied FIRST for the standard offer on the Citi Hilton Reserve of 2 Free Weekend Nights after making $2,500 in purchases in 4 months (available at https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card). THIS OFFER DOES CONTAIN 24 MONTH RESTRICTION. At approval agent confirmed that I would receive the offer.

Eight days later applied for the Citi Hilton no-fee card offer of 40,000 points after $1K spend in 4 months offer in this WIKI (the one that still works) that has no 24 month restriction.

Was approved for both cards but very quickly completed the $1K spend on the Citi Hilton no-fee card and received the 40K points. I just want to make sure that once I spend the $2,500 on the Reserve card that I will still get the 2 FWN?

In other words, if you meet the criteria at the time an application is approved (ie no open or closed Citi Hilton Honors cards) but then do open another card prior to getting the bonus do you lose the offer you were approved for?

Hopefully that is not the case and the approval of the card with the offer is the governing factor.

Anyone know for sure?

What happens if you do apply for a Hilton Card offer that does have 24 month restriction where you are not eligible. Will the card automatically be declined or will they approve the application if you qualify and alert you you are not eligible or can they just approve and not say anything.
That's the general rule with Citi - eligibility for the bonus is determined when the card is approved, and not "re-checked" or anything like that later. If you were approved for both bonuses when you were approved for the cards, you should get both bonuses. Other issuers have slightly different ways of doing it, but with Citi, you're good. I still might have completed the spend in the opposite order just to be extra safe, but that's just me.

Note that I have a lot of experience with Citi cards, but it's mostly AA cards, not HH. I don't think the policy for the HH cards is any different at all, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh

Anyone know for sure?

Different scenario but I had the Reserve card about 12 months ago and have received several point bonuses since then using the links for the HH Signature Visa without the 24 month language

Right when the 24 month rule came out I applied for a HH Visa, I received the card but no letter stating I would get the bonus
Old May 11, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: All of em...
Got denied the 40k no 24mo link this month and the 75k one in November... not sure what gives?! Those are the only Citi cards I've applied for recently, so it's not citi app rules. For Hilton cards I have 2 no AF and 1 Reserve open. Several other Citi cards open but that's never been a problem before. I have high inquiries but they used to always approve me no questions asked. Getting discouraged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.