Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Terms and conditions still say the program ends 12/31/2015...

Anyone READ any different?
I've booked and received confirmations that list the credit amount for 3 bookings in 2016 - so I assume it has been extended or else they wouldn't have booked them for me.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I assume the answers are somewhere in this thread, but can't find them, so I'd appreciate any help. Basically, two friends (they're a couple) may be staying in a hotel near where I live next month. My questions:

1. I assume I can't book the room using the 4/3 deal using my cc but the reservation being in their name, right?
2. I assume that if I can find a suitable room/price for three people, I can book a room in my name with their staying there, as long as I was present to check in and possibly to check out, right?

Thanks for any help with this. And happy holidays!
Can someone plz help on this? Do the primary card holder need to be on the reservation? Is it possible to book room for my brother & his wife? Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Yes, the cardholder needs to be on the reservation. Otherwise, this would get abused like crazy.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by runb4fun
Is there a hotel loyalty program that gives 5th night free even when booked through citi? Would be amazing to be able to grab 4th and 5th for free
I've booked promos with both 5th nt free and 3rd night free, netting two free nights with the Citi card. No specific chains run this type of promo but look around there are a number hotels that run them from time to time. There are also some Caribbean hotels that run stay 7 nights pay for 5 promos that might be useful.

Fdw
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:02 pm

I now have 2 pending reservations booked with this, neither indicates the room. I assume this is typical?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I've booked promos with both 5th nt free and 3rd night free, netting two free nights with the Citi card. No specific chains run this type of promo but look around there are a number hotels that run them from time to time. There are also some Caribbean hotels that run stay 7 nights pay for 5 promos that might be useful.

Fdw
I have actually just booked a rsv that has a 5th nt free promo. The Citi prestige rep advised that the 5th nt rate is $0 and citi will also be giving me the 4th nt free/refund. ^
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz

I have actually just booked a rsv that has a 5th nt free promo. The Citi prestige rep advised that the 5th nt rate is $0 and citi will also be giving me the 4th nt free/refund.
That's great! Do you mind sharing which hotel chain that is?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
That's great! Do you mind sharing which hotel chain that is?
It was with Hyatt.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:45 am

Frequentmiler wrote a few months ago that he got the 4th night free credit for it and stay even though he paid using another car. He recommended against it for of reasons, but I was wondering if anybody else has tried this. I ask because the couple of my AMEX cards have the $50 credit for $250 hotel stay.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:08 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Frequentmiler wrote a few months ago that he got the 4th night free credit for it and stay even though he paid using another car. He recommended against it for of reasons, but I was wondering if anybody else has tried this. I ask because the couple of my AMEX cards have the $50 credit for $250 hotel stay.
I would say it's risky because if the credit does not automatically post and you submit a manual request, it could be denied because you did not pay with the card.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

I know Prestige won't pay for 4th night when the rate involves some sort of membership, does that include "discounts" by hotel chains just for being a member? Specifically, I'm interested in Hilton's "Member Winter Sale" rate that they've been advertising heavily for European properties. I'm going to contact Prestige, but hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've found a couple of hotels with stay 3 pay 2 and same with 4 for 3. We need to stay 4 nights and most of these places give a "price breakdown" with $0.00 for night 4. This is so frustrating! Has anyone had luck getting CWT to see it as 25% off each of 4 nights? I imagine I could ask hotel to apply the free night to night 3, but I'm not sure how Citi CWT would figure it.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Consecutive stay broken with night to different card?

Suppose I want to stay 9 nights and get 2 4th night free.? So I book night 1-4 and 5-9 with prestige and night 5 booked with hotel directly and paid with another card. Would prestige know?

I called and asked and this was the answer (by someone who clearly didn't know and asked someone else who didn't know), "well they might call the hotel to check if it is consecutive and then deny it"

First I don't know how much data they transmit to the booking company and if my privacy would be compromised by them giving information other than the booking they made.

Has anyone done this or can anyone find any written policy?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by estnet
Suppose I want to stay 9 nights and get 2 4th night free.? So I book night 1-4 and 5-9 with prestige and night 5 booked with hotel directly and paid with another card. Would prestige know?

I called and asked and this was the answer (by someone who clearly didn't know and asked someone else who didn't know), "well they might call the hotel to check if it is consecutive and then deny it"

First I don't know how much data they transmit to the booking company and if my privacy would be compromised by them giving information other than the booking they made.

Has anyone done this or can anyone find any written policy?
In the T&C it explicitly excludes back to back reservations. So just be prepared to pay it if discovered.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:32 pm

made my first res with this card/benefit, process was quite easy, took about 10 minutes on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.