Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Has anyone else noticed that since the switchover to Aspire that the 4th night credits are posting much faster? When I started using the benefit late last year I was averaging close to 8 weeks for the credit to show up. Now I'm seeing the credit posting in just over 3 weeks which is awesome!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by robbierob03
Has anyone else noticed that since the switchover to Aspire that the 4th night credits are posting much faster? When I started using the benefit late last year I was averaging close to 8 weeks for the credit to show up. Now I'm seeing the credit posting in just over 3 weeks which is awesome!
I made a pre-paid reservation about 10 days ago and within a week got the credit. I just checked out of a hotel yesterday that I used the 4th night free with, so we will see how fast that posts.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

Hmm. That email didn't work.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email protected]
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by JBauer
Hmm. That email didn't work.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email protected]
That isn't the correct email...you're missing part:

concierge@yourconciergecenter.com
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:48 am

I just called to use the 4th night free benefit on two reservations. On the first, they said they had to book using their own system and couldn't get me the rate I wanted directly from the hotel website. On the second reservation, I had them try 3 different hotels, two of which they said was showing no availability in their system. When I booked last year, they were able to go and make the booking directly on the hotel's website, and it would still qualify for the 4th night free benefit. Is this no longer the case?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Call again. Eventually you'll get someone who knows what they are doing.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:59 am

Thanks! Been lurking for a bit now and thought it was about time I made an account. Also, I probably should've posted before I made a non-refundable booking, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:29 pm

I'm checking out of HR Maui after 4 nights tomorrow, booked with the CWT 4th night free promo. I remember reading a blogger say that we might not have to pay with the Prestige to get the credit, but I don't want to take that chance. I have some Hyatt gift cards and a $100 resort certificate. I don't mind holding onto the gift cards, but I have to use this credit (for attending timeshare presentation) this stay.

How will Citi know if we put the entire stay on the card? According to the Prestige CWT email, the rate per night is $329.15/night (includes taxes and resort fee), and reimbursed amount will be $299.82. At 4 nights, the total should be $1316.60, but I've done valet parking and some drinks. I'm having dinner tonight and I'm trying to decide if I should pay for dinner with the cert or put it on the room (earning Hyatt points) and then apply the cert at checkout. Combined with dinner and extras, the total will be over $1500. If I use the $100 cert and pay $1400 on the Prestige card, is there any way Citi will know I didn't put the entire stay on the card?

Last edited by DaveInLA; Jan 24, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH GLD, MR PLT
Can you stack hotel promos for free nights (ie. Stay 3, Pay 2) with the 4th night free benefit? Agent said no but I know it's been done before. Has that changed with the new concierge or it is just the agent?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Whats the status of elite benefits & stay credits with 4th night free bookings?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
This depends on the terms of the hotel chain's frequent guest program. Some exclude all travel agency bookings. Which program(s) do you have in mind?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Tried to use this for a small out-of-the-way foreign hotel. The Aspire agent tried to book it, but the hotel needed a deposit, and the agent said that because it was not a standard hotel credit card transaction (it goes through some third party web site), there would be no way to track the charges and get the 4th night credited. It took several days to get to this point and so I just gave up. Kind of frustrating, as one can easily book the hotel using several of the major travel sites (Expedia, etc).

The Aspire agents I spoke with were enthusiastic and detail-oriented, so no complaints there - but I sometimes had to wait on hold for 20+ minutes before being connected. It would be so much easier if they set up a website for bookings - even a simple one where you enter the information about the hotel, dates and room type you want and the rate you expect, and then they get back to you by e-mail or in person with a quote.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
All good.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:19 pm

I just completed 4 nights at HR Maui yesterday. The total bill was a little less than the amount quoted by CWT-- $1256 ($314/nt) vs $329/nt. A big reason for the lower total is the $10 discount on the resort fee for Diamond members. Will the fact that the total charged to my Prestige card is lower than CWT's estimate affect my rebate?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by snic
t would be so much easier if they set up a website for bookings - even a simple one where you enter the information about the hotel, dates and room type you want and the rate you expect, and then they get back to you by e-mail or in person with a quote.
I haven't used the benefit since the switch to Aspire, but I never had problems getting a quote when I emailed the information you mentioned to the Ten concierge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.