Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by estnet
Suppose I want to stay 9 nights and get 2 4th night free.? So I book night 1-4 and 5-9 with prestige and night 5 booked with hotel directly and paid with another card. Would prestige know?

I called and asked and this was the answer (by someone who clearly didn't know and asked someone else who didn't know), "well they might call the hotel to check if it is consecutive and then deny it"

First I don't know how much data they transmit to the booking company and if my privacy would be compromised by them giving information other than the booking they made.

Has anyone done this or can anyone find any written policy?
My understanding is that hotels routinely scan ahead for these sorts of bookings to prevent all sorts of issues and shenanigans.

The Prestige is a great card. I hope the scammer types don't ruin it for everyone else.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I've found a couple of hotels with stay 3 pay 2 and same with 4 for 3. We need to stay 4 nights and most of these places give a "price breakdown" with $0.00 for night 4. This is so frustrating! Has anyone had luck getting CWT to see it as 25% off each of 4 nights? I imagine I could ask hotel to apply the free night to night 3, but I'm not sure how Citi CWT would figure it.
Part of the game... you could always ask for a quote and see what comes back.. I've had them quote out 25% off for some hotels that offer a free 3rd ngiht in there...

FDW
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Part of the game... you could always ask for a quote and see what comes back.. I've had them quote out 25% off for some hotels that offer a free 3rd ngiht in there...

FDW
Ah. OKay. I'll email them for a couple of quotes and see what comes back. Thanks.

EDIT: So in the madness of hotel searching for 4 nights in July in London (3 rooms). I found some really good deals with Amex FHR and iPrefer. With Citi Prestige, I'm limited to 1x room. Not so with the others. I'm going to go with the Amex FHR instead b/c it has the hotel I wanted anyway plus free night, breakfast, and dinner. MUCH better deal. Just adding this tidbit in case someone else needs more than one room. Amex FHR also (in many cases) allows for doubling up (ergo staying 8 nights and getting #4 and #8 free). Citi won't do that. Happy hunting, folks.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I think the 3rd/4th/5th nt free promos are based on how the hotels quote the daily prices and CWT works off of that. Some hotel chains say 4th nt free, but it essentially is just a 25% off every day. Then some hotels would have a daily rate for each day and then 4th nt is just $0. If this is the case, I feel like CWT will give you $0 aka whichever is the 4th nights rate.

The reservation I just booked was a 5th nt free promo (I booked 6 nts). Each night was $399/nt but hyatt site was showing $333/nt basically calculated by 399x5/6. At first I was expecting a $333 refund since I thought it was just $333 across all nights (since that was how Hyatt was showing the per night price) until I received the CWT/Citi Prestige confirmation email which showed the daily break down on the rate which was $399 for days 1-4, $0 day 5, $399 day 6. As a result, CWT willl be crediting me $399 (instead of the $333 that I was expecting). So in my case, this scenario is clearly in my favor (saved another $66!) which was a pleasant surprise. ^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:54 am

So the Prestige 4th night is limited to just 1 room? I can't get the 4th night free for a 2nd room at the same hotel for same dates?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:39 am
Suspended

No. And it seems odd to say "just one room," since no other card offers this benefit for even one room.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
No. And it seems odd to say "just one room," since no other card offers this benefit for even one room.
Luckily, my wife has a Prestige as well... but no Hyatt Diamond.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
So the Prestige 4th night is limited to just 1 room? I can't get the 4th night free for a 2nd room at the same hotel for same dates?
Correct. I was even reminded of that fact in a recent email. I'm almost always booking 2 rooms so Amex FHR offers seem often better.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:44 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Luckily, my wife has a Prestige as well... but no Hyatt Diamond.
Call the hotel and add your name and number to the reservation. They'll most likely honor the diamond benefits

Fdw
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by jsk1973
My understanding is that hotels routinely scan ahead for these sorts of bookings to prevent all sorts of issues and shenanigans.

The Prestige is a great card. I hope the scammer types don't ruin it for everyone else.
Why the hotel even care about it? It is not as if the benefit is comping from the hotel pocket.

But what would probably happen is that the hotel will combine the reservations into one and then you will not receive the benefit, or will be forced to manually check you out and back in several times (which I'm sure they would not be happy doing).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:18 pm
Suspended

The hotel likely won't care if someone is trying to game the Prestige's benefits, but that doesn't change the fact that hotels tend to scan ahead for multiple bookings like the one proposed above.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:07 am

I recently had two rebates post to my account. My last hotel stay was in the first week of November and it was originally a 4 night stay that I changed to 3 nights, so I should never have received the benefit in the first place.

I have two 4-night stays coming up in the next two weeks . . . is it possible the rebates are posting in advance?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:11 am

How does it work if I book two rooms?
I would like to book two separate rooms on the same trip for my family for about five nights, which I hope means I will be getting two fourth nights reimbursed, since I'm booking two rooms... But I'm not sure if that's how it works.

Also has anyone found any nice hotels in Phuket? That CWS website is pretty crummy and I have no idea which hotels are eligible in Phuket.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:11 am
Suspended

I've read that rebates sometimes post in advance for prepaid hotel stays.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
How does it work if I book two rooms?
I would like to book two separate rooms on the same trip for my family for about five nights, which I hope means I will be getting two fourth nights reimbursed, since I'm booking two rooms... But I'm not sure if that's how it works.
I believe the benefit applies to one room per hotel per stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.