Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vegascraig
Oddly enough, I got my 4th night rebate in early September...before I stayed or paid! And because the dollar strengthened against the South African rand between the time of making the reservation, I got back the 4th night AND about $23 extra!
Rebate amount is set at booking. So it can go either way (or sideways) due to fx.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Yup. I actually got charged a few days later. And since the initial booking, the USD has strengthened vs the euro!! Thus, booked at a lower USD rate and will be receiving a higher 4th nt rebate
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Just had a positive experience:

1. Used tripadvisor.com to find a NYC hotel (a Hyatt) I wanted in the right location within my budget and with a fitness center and a good rating, for four nights.
2. Went to the Hyatt website to see the best rate it was offering for a given room, which was in line with the TA info.
3. Called the number in the Wiki.
4. The fellow who quickly answered was polite and quickly found the hotel, room type and rate (AAA) I identified for him.
5. Because it was within five days of the start of my stay, he put me right through to an equally polite and competent CWT agent. (I.e., the process actually seems easier if you have to book within five days of your stay.)
6. The CWT agent found the same room at the hotel at a rate a few dollars cheaper per night than the AAA rate and with the same cancellation penalites. She also answered some questions I had about the fourth night free deal, since this was my first time doing this.
7. She booked the room, asking for and entering my Hyatt Gold Passport number along the way. She also took note of room preferences.
8. About an hour later, I received the email confirmation. The only odd thing is that while the refund is stipulated, the price quoted for the room excludes the taxes and fees. But I'm not concerned about that, I think.

All the all, a very smooth process. If I have any major problems down the line, I'll post them here. But if no news from me, that's good news.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by PHLisa
You know, I thought I had 2 folios as well, but now that I check my Hilton account, I see it was 1. So this is likely correct. Thanks!
Did you receive Hilton Hhonors points for your stay? Did you get the triple your stay promo points as well?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I'm very interested in this benefit. I saw Marriott mentioned, but only vaguely. Are all Marriott properties bookable via this benefit? I'm talking about regular Marriott.com rates..no special rates.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I'm very interested in this benefit. I saw Marriott mentioned, but only vaguely. Are all Marriott properties bookable via this benefit? I'm talking about regular Marriott.com rates..no special rates.
I hesitate to say "all", but I would be very surprised if they are not. All you can do is call/email the Concierge and try.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Has anyone used it for back to back bookings at the same hotel? I need to book 28 nights at a single hotel for a business trip... would rather not bounce back and forth between one hotel and another. Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Has anyone used it for back to back bookings at the same hotel? I need to book 28 nights at a single hotel for a business trip... would rather not bounce back and forth between one hotel and another. Thanks!
T&Cs explicitly prohibit this.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
This has been great so far from a booking standpoint. Staying at Gleneagles next summer and got them to match the website rate and terms (1 night prepaid instead of fully prepaid) which was well below the fully prepaid rate they initially offered.

4th night free alone exceeds the AF (not counting the other stuff like the airfare credit). Makes me wonder when this gravy train is going to stop - does MasterCard need the Citi Prestige account so badly they are willing to foot these bills (since I know this is a MasterCard supported benefit)?

Not complaining but just continue to be shocked at the benefit here. The process is cumbersome so maybe just low volumes and the ability to tout the feature far outweighs the few being willing to take the time (this took me a good chunk of time and back and forth bc the rates on the website apparently weren't viewable by the property and then they had to call and verify but the time difference, etc., etc)

That all being said - still waiting for a credit from a stay in SF mid-October.

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 17, 2015 at 12:13 am
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
T&Cs explicitly prohibit this.
There goes that idea... maybe just need to ping pong back and forth between one hotel and another, lol.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:15 am

Called them for the first time on a Starwood hotel.

So far they're using the "flexible" rate when booking this, which doesn't feel very equitable for me.

Limited Time Offer: Save up to 50 percent!
CNY ¥834 Per Room / Night

Flexible rate
No penalty for changes/cancellations until 11/30/2015
CNY ¥1,113 Per Room / Night

Do they usually do the "flexible" rate? Can see why given the commission and such to offer 4th night, but so far, its not working out because its going to turn out to be about the same regardless.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Called them for the first time on a Starwood hotel.

So far they're using the "flexible" rate when booking this, which doesn't feel very equitable for me.

Limited Time Offer: Save up to 50 percent!
CNY ¥834 Per Room / Night

Flexible rate
No penalty for changes/cancellations until 11/30/2015
CNY ¥1,113 Per Room / Night

Do they usually do the "flexible" rate? Can see why given the commission and such to offer 4th night, but so far, its not working out because its going to turn out to be about the same regardless.
If you ask them for a quote without specifying what rate you want they will always givr you the flexible rate. You have to specify that you want prepaid or World Elite rate for example. But most rates are bookable with 4th night free
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
If you ask them for a quote without specifying what rate you want they will always givr you the flexible rate. You have to specify that you want prepaid or World Elite rate for example. But most rates are bookable with 4th night free
Thanks for this. It was actually a late night call so I gave them my email address and they emailed me a quote. I went ahead and replied back and ask them to try harder, hopefully will get the favorable answer!

I've got nearly 4 weeks of room nights remain for the rest of the year and just received the Prestige card, hope it works out!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:59 am

Annoying, called Citi Prestige again because I got an email from concierge saying the credit should have hit my account 2 months ago.

Citi Prestige say they have no trace that concierge requested the credit. And apparently the ONE guy who can deal with it in concierge is on the phone, so was on hold for 30 minutes.

She said I would get the credit in 10 days if they request the credit today, but only concierge can do that.

Worst complicated system for this ever.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:40 am

If I request AAA rate would I need to provide my AAA number on the spot?

I am looking to book a room for 2 guests; the other person is an AAA member but I am not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.