Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:19 pm
Suspended

OK. It was nothing personal. I just can't believe the number of people I see here and elsewhere who are trying to game an already-great benefit.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
OK. It was nothing personal. I just can't believe the number of people I see here and elsewhere who are trying to game an already-great benefit.
I hear ya. For me, it's fascinating to read about the work arounds and how people do it, but not something I'm comfortable with.

We actually have a 9 day reservation and 2 free nights. The first free night was with my card in my name. I booked 4 nights. Hubs booked 5 nights in his name and with his Prestige card. That's the extent of me pushing the limit when it's only suppose to be one free night per stay. We do have separate cards though and the hotel was fine with us keeping the same room and booking in two names.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:35 pm
Suspended

I see no problem with bookings like that, especially in a two-cardholder home. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:24 am

Primary card holder must be present?

We tried to use the 4th night free benefit to book a room for my parents. We won't be staying at the hotel. The citi concerige said we must be present at the check in to receive the benefit. Does anyone have experience with this?

If we add my parents as authorized user would that allow them to book the reservation on their new card as an authorized user?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by silver02accord
If we add my parents as authorized user would that allow them to book the reservation on their new card as an authorized user?
No. The terms of the offer specify that it can only be used by the primary cardholder.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Aspire is awful...spent 20+ mins with them and got no where. They were unable to locate the correct hotel in Waikiki, unable to locate me in the system, failed to understand "check-in" and "check-out" dates, etc. I had enough so I asked if they had an email where I can send my request...sure they said, let me email you the address Jose. Ahhh..my name is not Jose. They had pulled up the wrong person.
After several horrible experiences with Aspire, finally found a decent rep ^ who was able to book everything in about 20 mins (he had to call the hotel directly). Email arrived 15 mins later with details about 4th night credit, etc.

Coincidentally, when I called later that evening to make another ressie, I got the same rep who again was able to assist me accordingly. Got his extension for future ressies.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:41 am

After several horrible experiences with Aspire, finally found a decent rep ^ who was able to book everything in about 20 mins (he had to call the hotel directly). Email arrived 15 mins later with details about 4th night credit, etc.

Coincidentally, when I called later that evening to make another ressie, I got the same rep who again was able to assist me accordingly. Got his extension for future ressies.
You got an email regarding the 4th not credit? I booked mine yesterday and have not received it. Only got the hotel confirmation.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by winsteven13
You got an email regarding the 4th not credit? I booked mine yesterday and have not received it. Only got the hotel confirmation.
Yes, received email for both ressies that I made yesterday. Check your spam folder. Excerpt of email below:

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxx
Total for the Stay: $982.48
4th Night Credit (including taxes): $420.05
Total for the Stay with 4th Night Credit Applied: $562.43
Reservation Name: xxxxxxx

Because you are a Citi Prestige cardmember you are eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit. The complimentary 4th night rate credit in the amount of $420.05 USD is calculated based on the actual rate for the 4th night $363.00 USD plus taxes. This statement credit in the amount of $420.05 USD will appear on your Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard within one to two billing cycles after check-out of the hotel and verification that the stay was fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard. Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.

Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:04 pm

Yes, received email for both ressies that I made yesterday. Check your spam folder. Excerpt of email below:

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxx
Total for the Stay: $982.48
4th Night Credit (including taxes): $420.05
Total for the Stay with 4th Night Credit Applied: $562.43
Reservation Name: xxxxxxx

Because you are a Citi Prestige cardmember you are eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit. The complimentary 4th night rate credit in the amount of $420.05 USD is calculated based on the actual rate for the 4th night $363.00 USD plus taxes. This statement credit in the amount of $420.05 USD will appear on your Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard within one to two billing cycles after check-out of the hotel and verification that the stay was fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard. Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.

Yeah, some reps take a long time to draft the email and sometimes don't include this. If they omit it, you can reply to the email directly (even though it's a generic email address) and ask them to send a new confirmation with the 4th night language.

I am still curious if CWT is still involved.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Others have said CWT is no longer involved in any way. Not sure if it's accurate, though.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

Can anyone please tell me what the proper email address is now? I have a question about a previous booking and I've emailed them twice and I can't get a response? Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
Can anyone please tell me what the proper email address is now? I have a question about a previous booking and I've emailed them twice and I can't get a response? Thanks.
They emailed me from this one "[email protected]"
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by winsteven13
They emailed me from this one "[email protected]"
I can confirm - I emailed a question regarding a booking to this address and received a response.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:18 pm

Is the Citi concierge open 24 hr? If not, what is their opening hour?

And is CWT also open whenever Citi concierge is open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.