Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
I can see the reservation on the hotel website - but it has nothing about the rebate from Mastercard. I wanted confirmation that they would rebate the 4th night. Otherwise, I have little proof of their contract/promise to do so.
Probably because the HOTEL is not giving you the rebate. Do you have the quote from CWT? That is what should give you the information if I'm not mistaken. Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
So I replied pointing out that after 3 requests with no progress I would appreciate receiving what I should have received automatically 2 days ago. Fortunately I have the time to wear them down...
Just call them, tell them what you need.

I had a confirmation that didnt list a room type nor rate...only days.

Finally just callled and said "make this one look like all the others" and they did it in 24 hrs.

The issue is that when you reply to an email it goes to the concierge and not a CWT agent. The CWT agents seem to 'get it'...the concierge agents try to wing it, and often miss the mark.

IME
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I called today to book a 5-night stay using the benefit and the Citi Concierge made the reservation without transferring me to CWT. It seemed strange to me. I asked specifically about whether the benefit would still apply and was told yes.

The agent gave me the confirmation number and I am able to find it on Marriott's website (with the correct information) and the contact email is an "@ASPIRELIFESYLES.COM" [note: not "@aspirelifestyles.com," which seems like it should be].

I was also told to expect a confirmation email shortly but haven't received one yet (it has only been ~3 hours).

I'm definitely still a bit unsure of whether the reservation was made properly so that I get the 4th night free (especially considering what seems to be an error in the email address).
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:35 pm

According to the Citi Prestige HK T&Cs:

"You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the “designated travel advisor” is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify. To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must: 1) Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige"
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by theworld
According to the Citi Prestige HK T&Cs:

"You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the “designated travel advisor” is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify. To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must: 1) Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige"
And according to the Ts&Cs, this benefit expired 12/31/2015...

Think they will bother to update?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
And according to the Ts&Cs, this benefit expired 12/31/2015...

Think they will bother to update?
We booked 9 nights in Germany. The first four were on my Prestige card in December and the last four were on my husband's card on 1/4. Both times we received an email confirmation from Citi Concierge with an attachment from CWT that states a credit will be applied 1-2 billing statements after the charge.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:50 pm

Any recommendations for 4 nights in Playa Del Carmen? I'm heading there in a few weeks.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by New to FF
Any recommendations for 4 nights in Playa Del Carmen? I'm heading there in a few weeks.
Hyatt
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Clueless12
We booked 9 nights in Germany. The first four were on my Prestige card in December and the last four were on my husband's card on 1/4. Both times we received an email confirmation from Citi Concierge with an attachment from CWT that states a credit will be applied 1-2 billing statements after the charge.
Me too. I have 3 stays at different properties in March. They claim they will honor it...still doesnt change the fact that the posted T&Cs are t odds with what they seem to be saying.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I called today to book a 5-night stay using the benefit and the Citi Concierge made the reservation without transferring me to CWT. It seemed strange to me. I asked specifically about whether the benefit would still apply and was told yes.

The agent gave me the confirmation number and I am able to find it on Marriott's website (with the correct information) and the contact email is an "@ASPIRELIFESYLES.COM" [note: not "@aspirelifestyles.com," which seems like it should be].

I was also told to expect a confirmation email shortly but haven't received one yet (it has only been ~3 hours).

I'm definitely still a bit unsure of whether the reservation was made properly so that I get the 4th night free (especially considering what seems to be an error in the email address).
Weird, I have also booked with Aspire since the switchover and I too was not connected to CWT, but my email confirmation came from [email protected]
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:16 pm

New service is terrible. I'm sure it will get better once the new agents have more experience, but for now it's like pulling teeth.

The CWT advisers are the same, so I'd suggest seeing if you can get one of them on the line as fast as possible. I'm thinking they might try and handle it themselves, but they will connect you if they can't figure it out (after half an hour).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:39 am

do you know if they could book SPG hot escapes rate, I assume yes?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeepie
Probably because the HOTEL is not giving you the rebate. Do you have the quote from CWT? That is what should give you the information if I'm not mistaken. Cheers.
I didn't expect the hotel to give me the rebate. My original post was about poor service from CWT/Citi Concierge not sending me a confirmation of the rebate when I made the reservation and then sending notes saying they contained the confirmation but not including the confirmation in the note!

The post you quoted is my response to someone who suggested I look at the reservation on the hotel chain website.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Just call them, tell them what you need.

I had a confirmation that didnt list a room type nor rate...only days.

Finally just callled and said "make this one look like all the others" and they did it in 24 hrs.

The issue is that when you reply to an email it goes to the concierge and not a CWT agent. The CWT agents seem to 'get it'...the concierge agents try to wing it, and often miss the mark.

IME
I originally did what you suggested - the concierge transferred me to CWT and that's what started the Marx brothers routine of emails with missing or incorrect data.

All of the confirmations I've received come via email from the Citi Concierge but the confirmation form is from CWT so I'm note sure who is at fault for not sending the original confirmation.

After the third request, "someone" finally decided to take the time to do it right and included the correct form in the email. I am complete now.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by billybayswater
Weird, I have also booked with Aspire since the switchover and I too was not connected to CWT, but my email confirmation came from [email protected]
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I'm not saying my confirmation email came from the email address I mentioned...I hadn't received the confirmation email yet. The email I mentioned was what the agent put-in as the contact email with the hotel for the reservation.

After calling-back, I did have them send me a confirmation email and it was from the same email you mention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.