Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just completed 4 nights at HR Maui yesterday. The total bill was a little less than the amount quoted by CWT-- $1256 ($314/nt) vs $329/nt. A big reason for the lower total is the $10 discount on the resort fee for Diamond members. Will the fact that the total charged to my Prestige card is lower than CWT's estimate affect my rebate?
At a minimum, you'll get the $314/night. Not sure if Aspire is actually verifying the amount paid for the fourth night under the new system, or simply that the bill was charged to your card.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay

That isn't the correct email...you're missing part:

[email protected]
So this is the new email to get a quote?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:12 am

Without reading through 56 pages of discussion, hoping someone can give me a quick answer.

If a hotel is running a special, or if I am interested in booking a package that a hotel is offering, can I still use the 4th night free benefit with Prestige? Essentially what I am asking is can the agent book any rate/package that I am seeing on the hotel's website?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
Has anyone else noticed that since the switchover to Aspire that the 4th night credits are posting much faster? When I started using the benefit late last year I was averaging close to 8 weeks for the credit to show up. Now I'm seeing the credit posting in just over 3 weeks which is awesome!
Well glad to say the pattern has actually gotten better for much quicker 4th night credits posting ^

My last two stays have both been about 10 days from the hotel charge posting to my prestige.
1/8 Charge saw the credit post 1/19
1/15 Charge saw the credit post 1/23

I really dislike the new Aspire staff for the booking stage who have insanely long wait times, can never remember to add my reward number to the reservation, and mix confirmation numbers on multiple reservations (when they remember to send the confirmation email in the first place)! BUT - if I now get a consistent 8 - 10 day turnaround on my credit then that covers up a lot of sins
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:43 am

So the credit now lists mid-statement?

I made a booking early January with CWT but completed the stay 1/25. Should I expect the credit in the current timeframe or in 1-2 statements like with CWT?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by robbierob03
I really dislike the new Aspire staff for the booking stage who have insanely long wait times, can never remember to add my reward number to the reservation, and mix confirmation numbers on multiple reservations (when they remember to send the confirmation email in the first place)!
I got the impression that there are just 2 or 3 agents handling the Prestige bookings. That would account for the crazy hold times. And I got the same agent a couple of times when I called during my attempted booking ordeal.

If Citi is serious about this benefit, they need to make it easier to use - and adding agents would be a start.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Originally Posted by swf83
Without reading through 56 pages of discussion, hoping someone can give me a quick answer.

If a hotel is running a special, or if I am interested in booking a package that a hotel is offering, can I still use the 4th night free benefit with Prestige? Essentially what I am asking is can the agent book any rate/package that I am seeing on the hotel's website?
Aspire changes the rule, see post#819:

Originally Posted by WantToTravelMore
Can you stack hotel promos for free nights (ie. Stay 3, Pay 2) with the 4th night free benefit? Agent said no but I know it's been done before. Has that changed with the new concierge or it is just the agent?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:31 am

I've made several bookings with CWT, but I just made a booking with Aspire for the first time. 4 nights in March at Hotel Indigo in Barcelona. I gave the agent my name and mentioned it's for 2 people and a non-smoking room. Somehow she selected "standard room" for 1 person. I'm okay with those, because that's easily correctable.

But there is something I'm not sure about. The agent wasn't able to enter my IHG number. I looked through the IHG website and there's no place to enter in the number without logging in. So I then went to IHG's website for "manage reservations" and tried logging in, but IHG says my names don't match. The only difference is my IHG account has an extra initial under "first name", but I guess that's enough to create a mismatch.

Sorry, the Names Do Not Match

The name on this reservation must match your IHG® Rewards Club account to receive your points. If you click "Continue", we will replace the primary reservation holder name with the name on your IHG® Rewards Club account. If you need to include an additional name with this reservation, please visit the Change Your Reservation page to add a guests name.

You can also easily update your account information anytime by visiting the IHG® Rewards Club Manage Account page.
If I replace the current name on the reservation (same as my Prestige card) with the name on my IHG account (again, very minor difference), will this affect my 4th night reimbursement?

Unrelated question-- everything I've read is that I get reimbursed the rate of the 4th night, not 1/4 of the total cost. But this Aspire agent (and the email I received) estimated my credit to be exactly 25% of the total. When I look at the reservation in detail, the 4th night is less than that. Will the system eventually figure it out and reimburse me the actual cost of the 4th night?

Last edited by DaveInLA; Jan 28, 2016 at 1:00 am
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:48 am

I made a 4 night reservation last night for the Charles Hotel in Munich. I can't say it was the easiest process. According to concierge.citi.com, there should be amenities like free breakfast, food and beverage credit, upgrade, etc. (note: the hotel does not show up in the Mastercard World Elite portfolio -- the amenities are only mentioned on the concierge site). I submitted a request for a quote through the concierge website, and received a response a few hours later with a rate quote for a refundable rate. No amenities mentioned. I then inquired about the much lower refundable rate found on the hotel's website and asked if the special amenities would apply if I booked that rate (or the rate they quoted, for that matter), and did not get an answer. Two days later I got a follow up email with no new information but asking if there was anything they could do to help. I already emailed you with what I need help-wise!

At any rate, I called last night to finally book the non-refundable rate. When I asked about the amenities, not only did the phone rep not have the answer -- he had never heard of the concierge.citi.com website. I was put on hold for quite some time as he asked around, and could not find anyone who was familiar with the site or who knew about the special amenities for that hotel. I booked the non-refundable rate anyway.

I'm very happy with the money I'll save but not so happy with the process. Any of you who have experience with this know if I'll get the special amenities even if I booked a non-refundable rate? I'll email the concierge to ask but am not confident that I'll ever get an answer! Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Bacai
Aspire changes the rule, see post#819:
Has anyone successfully booked a hotel-website-only rate through Aspire? I've seen the one data point you mention but nothing else either way.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

They're responding to emails from me.

Have an existing booking for 5 nights. Had to pay two nights up front. Then will pay three at check out. How might this effect 4th night free?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:27 pm
Suspended

It shouldn't, if it's all on the same reservation via the Prestige people.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've made several bookings with CWT, but I just made a booking with Aspire for the first time. 4 nights in March at Hotel Indigo in Barcelona. I gave the agent my name and mentioned it's for 2 people and a non-smoking room. Somehow she selected "standard room" for 1 person. I'm okay with those, because that's easily correctable.

But there is something I'm not sure about. The agent wasn't able to enter my IHG number. I looked through the IHG website and there's no place to enter in the number without logging in. So I then went to IHG's website for "manage reservations" and tried logging in, but IHG says my names don't match. The only difference is my IHG account has an extra initial under "first name", but I guess that's enough to create a mismatch.

Sorry, the Names Do Not Match

The name on this reservation must match your IHG® Rewards Club account to receive your points. If you click "Continue", we will replace the primary reservation holder name with the name on your IHG® Rewards Club account. If you need to include an additional name with this reservation, please visit the Change Your Reservation page to add a guests name.

You can also easily update your account information anytime by visiting the IHG® Rewards Club Manage Account page.
If I replace the current name on the reservation (same as my Prestige card) with the name on my IHG account (again, very minor difference), will this affect my 4th night reimbursement?

Unrelated question-- everything I've read is that I get reimbursed the rate of the 4th night, not 1/4 of the total cost. But this Aspire agent (and the email I received) estimated my credit to be exactly 25% of the total. When I look at the reservation in detail, the 4th night is less than that. Will the system eventually figure it out and reimburse me the actual cost of the 4th night?
Any thoughts?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
All good

Did my first three 4-day stays under this program last month (Dec 2015) and this month (Jan 2016), on three different continents. All booked under the older concierge system. Payouts were on the number as per written guarantees at time of booking, and were reimbursed faster and faster:
  1. South America, 34 days
  2. North America, 22 days
  3. Europe, 9 days
For the last one, the actual charge by hotel was lower than "predicted" at time of booking (exchange rate?), but the payment was still as originally promised, so I got more back than the 4th night cost.

You know, a hotel bill has a lot of stuff on it. I have a hard time believing that these folks are going back over the bill to put together the fourth night again. I think they are just paying out as originally scheduled. I can see where you might have to ask them to re-do it if the exchange rate swung hard against you, but otherwise I think you get them to be clear at booking what you are expecting ... and then wait for that to show up.

What a benefit!!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

You know, a hotel bill has a lot of stuff on it. I have a hard time believing that these folks are going back over the bill to put together the fourth night again. I think they are just paying out as originally scheduled. I can see where you might have to ask them to re-do it if the exchange rate swung hard against you, but otherwise I think you get them to be clear at booking what you are expecting ... and then wait for that to show up.

What a benefit!!
The terms of the program is the amount of the 4th night is locked in at the time of booking; so it can go in favor or against the you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.