Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by TheAJ
US Hotel or International?

Rebates from 1/8 and 1/16 still haven't posted for me (international)
Both were US stays
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by mh4ll
Thanks for sharing! When you say "only available on their website", do you mean the concierge confirmed they didn't have access to it in their booking system and was therefore going directly on the hotel's website? Or just that the hotel didn't show up on other OTAs/comparison sites?
It was showing up as sold out on Expedia but the hotel website showed availability. Agent confirmed that he was booking directly through Hotel website and even commented that their reservation system was one that he had not encountered before.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:51 am

Looking at my traveling patterns last year, the 4th night free really didn't work out for me last year. I used perhaps twice. I think something like every 3rd night at 50% off may come out better. I think I had about 8 trips where I stayed 3 nights at a hotel. darn.....
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:56 pm

would prepaying a res after it's been booked by the citi reps turn off the triggers?

thanks

Last edited by slivrflyr; Feb 3, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:02 pm

why not just stfu, sherlock?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I used the concierge to book a Hyatt in my name, using my Hyatt Passport ID. Got the Citi email and the reservation is showing up in my Hyatt profile. I got the concierge to add my wife the reservation. Not in the notes but both our names are on the reservation; it almost appears like there are two rooms booked but her name has a $0 rate next to it.

Anyway, she is traveling alone but technically I can "check in" and as long as my card is charged for the room I should be good to go. Right? I saw a web checkin mentioned on the Hyatt website but don't have experience with it.

thanks
I can't believe the extent to which people are scamming a benefit that's already one of the greatest benefits available on a CC.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by TheAJ
US Hotel or International?

Rebates from 1/8 and 1/16 still haven't posted for me (international)
I'm still missing a rebate from a stay that concluded and was charged on 12/31/15.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Like the AJ, I too had a (non-US) stay completed 01/09/16 that has not yet posted. This stay involved the use of a third night free certificate, so I'm keen to see if it posts at all.

Originally Posted by JeffMIA
I'm still missing a rebate from a stay that concluded and was charged on 12/31/15.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I can't believe the extent to which people are scamming a benefit that's already one of the greatest benefits available on a CC.
meh.

I guess some people wait for light to turn green before crossing the street.

the benefit is to the primary cardholder. As such, i see no problem if the reservation matches the primary cardholder and the charges go on the card. T&Cs of the benefit are clearly met.

There is the spirit of the rules and there is the language. Sort of like using offshore subsidiaries for transfer pricing in order to reduce corporate tax burden. if the benefit is there then use it. You can be a chump and "pay your fair share" or you can use the tools within the boundaries to maximize value.

now, onto the T&Cs:

INTERNATIONAL COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT HOTELS AND RESORTS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the "designated travel advisor" is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify.

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:

• Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
• Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card
Receive one complimentary night (room rate for the fourth night and applicable taxes only) for any consecutive four-night hotel stay booked directly with a MasterCard designated travel advisor. Hotel imposed fees and incidental guest charges are the Cardmember's responsibility. The value of the complimentary night will be the actual rate, as provided by the designated travel advisor, on that fourth night of the reservation, even if the rate is different from the rate on other nights. Cardmember will be charged the total cost of the stay at checkout and will receive a credit to the credit card statement for the cost of the fourth night (and the applicable taxes). If the cardmember books a special "pre-paid" rate this may require upfront payment in full, at time of booking. Payment in full is defined as pre-payment for the total of all four consecutive nights. Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is consecutive nights booked and stayed on one reservation and does not include back-to back stays. Back-to back stays are stays at the same hotel booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the 8 night stay). Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by the primary account cardholder.

Statement Credit for Hotel Program
Fulfillment
All statement credits will be reflected on the Citi Prestige card statement as being a result of the Program and will appear within two billing periods following the month in which travel was completed; or in the case of promotional "pre-paid" that are paid in full as described above, rates the credit will be reflected within two billing periods following the date of payment in full of the "pre-paid" rate. Foreign exchange conversion rates may fluctuate resulting in slight differences in amount credited.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:48 pm
Suspended

meh.

I guess some people wait for light to turn green before crossing the street.

the benefit is to the primary cardholder. As such, i see no problem if the reservation matches the primary cardholder and the charges go on the card. T&Cs of the benefit are clearly met.
Sure they are.

There is the spirit of the rules and there is the language. Sort of like using offshore subsidiaries for transfer pricing in order to reduce corporate tax burden. if the benefit is there then use it. You can be a chump and "pay your fair share" or you can use the tools within the boundaries to maximize value.

now, onto the T&Cs:

INTERNATIONAL COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT HOTELS AND RESORTS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the "designated travel advisor" is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify.

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:

• Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
• Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card
Receive one complimentary night (room rate for the fourth night and applicable taxes only) for any consecutive four-night hotel stay booked directly with a MasterCard designated travel advisor. Hotel imposed fees and incidental guest charges are the Cardmember's responsibility. The value of the complimentary night will be the actual rate, as provided by the designated travel advisor, on that fourth night of the reservation, even if the rate is different from the rate on other nights. Cardmember will be charged the total cost of the stay at checkout and will receive a credit to the credit card statement for the cost of the fourth night (and the applicable taxes). If the cardmember books a special "pre-paid" rate this may require upfront payment in full, at time of booking. Payment in full is defined as pre-payment for the total of all four consecutive nights. Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is consecutive nights booked and stayed on one reservation and does not include back-to back stays. Back-to back stays are stays at the same hotel booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the 8 night stay). Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by the primary account cardholder.

Statement Credit for Hotel Program
Fulfillment
All statement credits will be reflected on the Citi Prestige card statement as being a result of the Program and will appear within two billing periods following the month in which travel was completed; or in the case of promotional "pre-paid" that are paid in full as described above, rates the credit will be reflected within two billing periods following the date of payment in full of the "pre-paid" rate. Foreign exchange conversion rates may fluctuate resulting in slight differences in amount credited.
I guess this is where we pretend that you're "staying" at the hotel simply by paying for the booking.

By your "interpretation," using the term loosely, every Prestige cardholder would be entitled to book 91 4-night stays per year for up to 91 different people of their choosing, so long as the cardholder's name appears on the reservation.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:52 pm

I guess this is where we pretend that you're "staying" at the hotel simply by paying for the booking.
a stay is a check-in. Not unlike doing mattress runs without even unlocking your hotel room or going to the front desk.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:54 pm
Suspended

a stay is a check-in. Not unlike doing mattress runs without even unlocking your hotel room or going to the front desk.
That's funny, since this reservation and check-in both plainly violate the Hyatt T&Cs.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:00 pm

Sure they are.

By your "interpretation," using the term loosely, every Prestige cardholder would be entitled to book 91 4-night stays per year for up to 91 different people of their choosing, so long as the cardholder's name appears on the reservation.
You're missing the key part: paying with the card. So yes, your name is the primary on the res, you are the one who pays for the bill. But i imagine Citi would shut you down once they notice you're churning your co-guests.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:30 pm

Do the four nights have to be booked as a single four-night reservation, or can it be done as four consecutive one-night reservations?

Here's an example where it might make a difference. (These are actual rates for four nights a Las Vegas hotel in mid-February, with Day 4 being a Saturday night, often the most expensive night of the week.)

Booked as four one-night reservations:
Day 1: 109
Day 2: 129
Day 3: 139
Day 4: 229

Total = 109 + 129 + 139 = 377

Booked as a four-night reservation:
Day 1: 139
Day 2: 139
Day 3: 139
Day 4: 139

Total would be 139 * 3 = 417

Regular pricing would favor the four-night reservation (556 vs 606), but the 4th night free tips the balance the other way if consecutive one-nights are allowed.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:43 pm
Suspended

One four-night (or more) reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.