Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:45 pm

I sent an email on 1/24 and got the same automatic response. I didn't actually receive the quote until, 2/7, however.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:33 am

Gave it a go today by calling the number in the wiki. There was a 20 minute hold, but with that out of the way it was pretty easy. They booked my reservation directly on the hotel website and provided a confirmation number straight away.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:15 am

Just looking for anyone with similar experiences.

Booked a room at Crowne Plaza. My wife has Citi card so reservation was made under her name. Due to my status (via IHG card) and current Promo (50k bonus points), I need to stay to be linked to my account (I will be staying in the room).

When updating number on IHG website, it changed reservation to be in my name. We will still be using Citi card to pay for the 4 night stay and the reservation number didn't change.

Will this cause a problem for the 4th night rebate to post?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Joe758
Just looking for anyone with similar experiences.

Booked a room at Crowne Plaza. My wife has Citi card so reservation was made under her name. Due to my status (via IHG card) and current Promo (50k bonus points), I need to stay to be linked to my account (I will be staying in the room).

When updating number on IHG website, it changed reservation to be in my name. We will still be using Citi card to pay for the 4 night stay and the reservation number didn't change.

Will this cause a problem for the 4th night rebate to post?
Possibly...I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:22 pm
Suspended

The benefit is for the primary cardholder. If the reservation changed to a different name, then the primary would no longer be the beneficiary.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

I can't get these new guys to respond to any emails??? I miss the last place.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by JBauer
I can't get these new guys to respond to any emails??? I miss the last place.
Have you tried calling? Although, not quick, they were able to do exactly what I wanted each time I have called.

You've confirmed that you're using the correct email, right?

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Originally Posted by JBauer
Hmm. That email didn't work.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email protected]
That isn't the correct email...you're missing part:

concierge@yourconciergecenter.com
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:19 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Used this for the second time last night.

Called the 561-number. Automated system said it would be a long hold. Hold was about 8 seconds.

Gave then hotel info for a hotel in Budapest. They came back with a rate that was lower than hotel.com's "sale" rate.

Total on hotels.com would have been $810 for 4 nights. Citi Prestige got me 4 nights for $742 and are refunding $190 of that for the 4th night!

LOVE THIS CARD!!! ^^^^
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by rgronenb
As a new Prestige cardholder, I must say my first experience with the so-called "concierge" was disappointing. I understand the agency is now Aspire Lifestyles and the agent I finally got to speak with seemed half asleep. She was polite and presumably knowledgeable, but hardly friendly or energetic. And it took TWO DAYS to book a simple hotel reservation. Don't understand why Aspire doesn't have a website for self-service booking and eliminate all this 1980s procedure. I'm used to booking a hotel instantly, not waiting two days. Not impressed at all.
Aspire is the worst - just went through a three day nightmare booking with them. Also, has anyone had a problem receiving MasterCard World Elite benefits with the new Aspire concierge bookings? Apparently they are only offered through CWT so you either have to take the 4th night free with Aspire and get the extra amenities with CWT, but no 4th night free,
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
You got that right

Originally Posted by 355F1
LOVE THIS CARD!!! ^^^^
^
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:15 am

Any more datapoints on when reimbursement gets credited?

I just got a statement credit for a booking I made 1/10 for a prepaid stay in March. But I'm still waiting for the credit for a stay I booked on 1/1 and completed 1/25. Based on what others wrote, I expected to get the credit for the 1/25 stay but I'm still waiting. I'm wondering if Citi somehow got confused and credited me for the wrong amount for the 1/25 stay.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:45 am

Did you ask to be transferred to someone else after calling the 561 number? I called for quotes on two hotels and was told they will pass the details along and get back to me in THREE DAYS! I assumed they built in extra time just in case but its been two full days now and haven't heard back.

Originally Posted by 355F1
Used this for the second time last night.

Called the 561-number. Automated system said it would be a long hold. Hold was about 8 seconds.

Gave then hotel info for a hotel in Budapest. They came back with a rate that was lower than hotel.com's "sale" rate.

Total on hotels.com would have been $810 for 4 nights. Citi Prestige got me 4 nights for $742 and are refunding $190 of that for the 4th night!

LOVE THIS CARD!!! ^^^^
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
But I'm still waiting for the credit for a stay I booked on 1/1 and completed 1/25.
When did the charge post (not pending) to the credit card relative to your billing cycle?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers

When did the charge post (not pending) to the credit card relative to your billing cycle?
Statement close date 1/27. Charge posted 1/25, I think finalized on 1/27 or 1/28. New billing cycle for sure but I know credits can post mid-cycle, as I mentioned I was just credited for another stay last night.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:24 pm
eip

Free night promo rate

Hi all,

Got the card not too long ago and looking to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit for an upcoming trip.

Anyone know what happen if I ask the concierge to book into a promo rate that already comes with 4th night free? Would I get any refund on the card at all?

Similarly, what if we book into a get the 6th night free rate, get any refund?

Thanks.

Ed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.