Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:28 pm

Does anyone have experience in what Fx Rate is used for the fourth night credit?

Does the credit reflect the fee you paid when the charges posted? Or they take original currency and you get whatever the FX is when the credit posts?

I'm expecting a credit for a foreign stay and the dollar has strengthened since then.
Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Does anyone have experience in what Fx Rate is used for the fourth night credit?

Does the credit reflect the fee you paid when the charges posted? Or they take original currency and you get whatever the FX is when the credit posts?

I'm expecting a credit for a foreign stay and the dollar has strengthened since then.
Thanks
I have one of these coming up...My UNDERSTANDING is that they set the amount you will be refunded in USD at the time the booking is made. Period. When you stay, no matter what you are charged, the amount of the credit in USD was already set.

In my case it will work out better.

But if it was the other way you could probably ask them to rebook the room, this would re-compute the amount using todays FX.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
I have one of these coming up...My UNDERSTANDING is that they set the amount you will be refunded in USD at the time the booking is made. Period. When you stay, no matter what you are charged, the amount of the credit in USD was already set.

In my case it will work out better.

But if it was the other way you could probably ask them to rebook the room, this would re-compute the amount using todays FX.
Thanks. I already finished my stay and closed the statement so just waiting for the credit to post.

I dug up the booking confirmation email:

Because you are a Citi Prestige cardmember you are eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit. This statement credit in the amount of $xxx.xx USD will appear on your Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard within one to two billing cycles after check-out of the hotel and verification that the stay was fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard. Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.

Complimentary 4th Night Terms & Conditions:

The Citi Prestige Hotel statement credit will be the cost of the 4th Night Stay room rate plus taxes. The statement credit will post within 1-2 billing cycles of a fully prepaid booking or 1-2 billing cycles after check-out.

The stay must be fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard and meet the Prestige benefit terms, including minimum stay requirements. Cancellation or changes to your reservation may result in the reversal of the statement credit. The Complimentary Prestige Credit will appear in US Dollars. The US Dollar rate of exchange is calculated at the time of booking
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:15 pm

Has anyone used Prestige to get the fourth night free at the Marriott booked via F&F rates?

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:13 pm
eip

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Do they have a website you can search their availability on, or do you have to just call? I want to check on rates for 5 nights in Rio during the Olympics.... Or is it best to just find any site online and their price to give them and ask them to book?? Do hostels work?
My experience is the concierge would book directly on the hotel website and it would expedite the process if you know which hotel(s) and rate(s) you want them to book. Otherwise they will book the cheapest rate usually prepaid rate with least benefits to you.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I understand that I can only get the 4th night free for 1 room, but would it still be possible to book a reservation with multiple rooms?

I'm looking to book a 2nd room for family members and I'd prefer it to be all on one reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by eip
My experience is the concierge would book directly on the hotel website and it would expedite the process if you know which hotel(s) and rate(s) you want them to book. Otherwise they will book the cheapest rate usually prepaid rate with least benefits to you.

For my last booking they called the hotel directly and provided the hotel with my loyalty ID number. The booking then showed up on the hotel chain's website.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by econ
I understand that I can only get the 4th night free for 1 room, but would it still be possible to book a reservation with multiple rooms?

I'm looking to book a 2nd room for family members and I'd prefer it to be all on one reservation.
Something in the terms prohibits concurrent reservations (meaning the second is ineligible for free night). However, some hotels will book your scenario as a "suite" when really it's just two connecting rooms. I'd find out from the hotel first if this is their policy, then call Citi to book.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:25 am

My credit posted. Ten days after completing the stay.

Category: MASTERCARD INITIATED REBATE/REWARD
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Something in the terms prohibits concurrent reservations (meaning the second is ineligible for free night). However, some hotels will book your scenario as a "suite" when really it's just two connecting rooms. I'd find out from the hotel first if this is their policy, then call Citi to book.
My intent isn't to try to get the 4th night on the 2nd room free, it's just to book a reservation with 2 rooms. (and getting the 4th night on the 1st room free, of course).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:08 am

My intent isn't to try to get the 4th night on the 2nd room free, it's just to book a reservation with 2 rooms. (and getting the 4th night on the 1st room free, of course).
Why not just book two separate reservations?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:16 am

Same dates, same city, different hotels

If i were to book one room for 4 nights with citi prestige and during the same four day span, book another room at a different hotel in the same city for 4 nights (for a friend but with the reservation still in my name), would I get the 4th night free on both reservations? It seems like it skirts the rules spelled out in the terms and conditions?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too

or book a two room suite...

I expect yes, call and ask.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jrgiddyup
...4 nights (for a friend but with the reservation still in my name)
Here is the rule: The benefit can only be used by the primary account cardholder. I read this to mean that you must be staying in the room.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Here's another data point about Aspire. So previously with Aspire I would call them up and immediately that agent would book the room and send a confirmation. Now, when I called up yesterday the first agent took my info down, then said another agent within 24-48 hours would send the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.