Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by billybayswater
... why CWT agents were no longer needed to be looped in, he told me MasterCard was no longer involved in the process and that Citi is now providing the benefit. ....
That would roughly coincide with the published expiration date of the benefit. CWT is large enough to negotiate the highest commission rates. I am surprised Citi is not using Expedia with whom Citi has a card issuing relationship. Expedia handled a travel benefit for the Chairman card (previous name of the Prestige product).
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:44 am

So if a hotel is offering a 3rd night free, or a special package rate, the 4th night free benefit can be used in combination with that public package/offer?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by mia
That would roughly coincide with the published expiration date of the benefit.
Has anyone seen updated T&Cs with an expiration date other than 12/31/2015?

Online I havent found it, the paper one I got is likewise the 2015 date.

Just wondering....I know they are booking rooms and verbally saying it is good, just the fine print isnt there.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by swf83
So if a hotel is offering a 3rd night free, or a special package rate, the 4th night free benefit can be used in combination with that public package/offer?
A recent post suggests that the ability to do this may have ended with the switch to Aspire.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Does the 4th nt free refund cover the resort fees as well? I just received my confirmation from them and noticed that the resort fee was not added into the refund calculation. Not sure if it is just rate+taxes only. [because one pays for resort fees at check-in] ?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Has anyone seen updated T&Cs with an expiration date other than 12/31/2015?

Online I havent found it, the paper one I got is likewise the 2015 date.

Just wondering....I know they are booking rooms and verbally saying it is good, just the fine print isnt there.
If it makes you feel any better, I've already had a couple hotel stays booked and reimbursed already in 2016 ^
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Does the 4th nt free refund cover the resort fees as well? I just received my confirmation from them and noticed that the resort fee was not added into the refund calculation. Not sure if it is just rate+taxes only. [because one pays for resort fees at check-in] ?
I was told only the room rate and taxes were refundable.. so no resort fees.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by robbierob03

If it makes you feel any better, I've already had a couple hotel stays booked and reimbursed already in 2016
What's the timeframe for the reimbursement from Citi under Aspire? I read it's faster than CWT was. My stay at a Hyatt was 1/21-1/25, statement closed 1/26. Hotel charges on Prestige finalized 1/28 or 1/29. Should I see the credit in a few days? End of month statement?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:26 am

Hi guys,

Writing in from Singapore.

Called in the new concierge team, 31jan was ten's last day in asia.

The lady mention the provider for the hotel stay is still CWT and offered to connect me with them.

I tired making a booking for Westin Nua Dua bali, which is currently running a 50 percent off sale.

Trying to see if they can get that rate.

Will keep you guys updated!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
T&C states "Receive one complimentary night (room rate for the fourth night and applicable taxes only) for any consecutive four-night hotel stay booked directly with a MasterCard designated travel advisor"
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Well glad to say the pattern has actually gotten better for much quicker 4th night credits posting ^

My last two stays have both been about 10 days from the hotel charge posting to my prestige.
1/8 Charge saw the credit post 1/19
1/15 Charge saw the credit post 1/23
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What's the timeframe for the reimbursement from Citi under Aspire? I read it's faster than CWT was. My stay at a Hyatt was 1/21-1/25, statement closed 1/26. Hotel charges on Prestige finalized 1/28 or 1/29. Should I see the credit in a few days? End of month statement?
My experiences above, but not enough data from others to see if I'm the norm or not.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:30 pm

Just a data point, I just booked a hotel that was only available on their website. No problem with the concierge. Long hold time (15 minutes) but they were very helpful once I reached them. I did know the room type and hotel that I wanted and they booked it without any issue. Concierge made it sound like you could book any hotel that was either in their system or via the hotels direct website. My booking was for a non-chain, independent hotel.

Last edited by mia; Feb 2, 2016 at 9:05 am Reason: <duplicate post removed>
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wotan2525
Just a data point, I just booked a hotel that was only available on their website. No problem with the concierge. Long hold time (15 minutes) but they were very helpful once I reached them. I did know the room type and hotel that I wanted and they booked it without any issue.
Thanks for sharing! When you say "only available on their website", do you mean the concierge confirmed they didn't have access to it in their booking system and was therefore going directly on the hotel's website? Or just that the hotel didn't show up on other OTAs/comparison sites?

Last edited by mh4ll; Feb 2, 2016 at 12:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:28 pm

My experiences above, but not enough data from others to see if I'm the norm or not.
US Hotel or International?

Rebates from 1/8 and 1/16 still haven't posted for me (international)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Question.

If I were to book a hotel that was a fully pre-paid rate, it's charged to my card, I receive the credit, pay the bill, etc.

And then say I were to cancel the card... would I have any problems from that point forward? Since the hotel would be fully prepaid and paid for by me, I shouldn't theoretically run into any problems, right..?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.