FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:48 am
wvvm

I made a 4 night reservation last night for the Charles Hotel in Munich. I can't say it was the easiest process. According to concierge.citi.com, there should be amenities like free breakfast, food and beverage credit, upgrade, etc. (note: the hotel does not show up in the Mastercard World Elite portfolio -- the amenities are only mentioned on the concierge site). I submitted a request for a quote through the concierge website, and received a response a few hours later with a rate quote for a refundable rate. No amenities mentioned. I then inquired about the much lower refundable rate found on the hotel's website and asked if the special amenities would apply if I booked that rate (or the rate they quoted, for that matter), and did not get an answer. Two days later I got a follow up email with no new information but asking if there was anything they could do to help. I already emailed you with what I need help-wise!

At any rate, I called last night to finally book the non-refundable rate. When I asked about the amenities, not only did the phone rep not have the answer -- he had never heard of the concierge.citi.com website. I was put on hold for quite some time as he asked around, and could not find anyone who was familiar with the site or who knew about the special amenities for that hotel. I booked the non-refundable rate anyway.

I'm very happy with the money I'll save but not so happy with the process. Any of you who have experience with this know if I'll get the special amenities even if I booked a non-refundable rate? I'll email the concierge to ask but am not confident that I'll ever get an answer! Thanks!