Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks. Previously my opinion is that it needs to be on GDS (due to the commission) but I no longer think that is true. I have no idea how this program is sustainable as I’ve had credits post several times for cancelled "paid at hotel rate" stays.
I think we've established that it doesn't necessarily need to be loaded on a GDS, since there have been reports you and I have discussed that you can have them call the hotel directly and book. What I found interesting was that they were able to book through Expedia -- if this is true for all Expedia-listed properties, it certainly opens up the universe quite a bit.

I also have no idea how this is sustainable. The benefit has been renewed for at least another year, though, enjoy it while it lasts!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by linglingfool
I also have no idea how this is sustainable. The benefit has been renewed for at least another year, though, enjoy it while it lasts!
Is this true? As recently as a couple weeks ago, I've seen people speculate that it could disappear for 2016 (or disappear sometime in 2016).
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Is this true? As recently as a couple weeks ago, I've seen people speculate that it could disappear for 2016 (or disappear sometime in 2016).
There is no expiration date in the T&Cs, and I've made bookings for next year. As I recall, someone mentioned upthread a few months ago that they were unable to make bookings past the end of the year, but that's clearly no longer the case.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:04 pm

Has anyone received their credit prior to a stay if the rate was completely prepaid?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ukengineer
Has anyone received their credit prior to a stay if the rate was completely prepaid?
Yes, if you use Search this Thread with the keyword prepaid you will find reports, such as post 29.

Last edited by mia; Dec 4, 2015 at 6:00 am
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:46 pm

I'm about the make my first Prestige "4th night free" booking. I sent several hotel options to the Concierge, none of which were on the CWT page. The one I'm most interested in is available, but has a notice -- "This hotel does not accept travel agency IATA support. It is eligible... but please note that once reservation is made, travel agency holds no liability for reservation for any problems encountered with the booking up to and including the stay at the hotel, or with any concerns regarding the third party company".

Realistically, is this something to be concerned about? This is for a riad in Marrakech, so not a major US-brand hotel.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, if you use Search this Thread with the keyword prepaid you will find reports, such as post 29.
Thanks for the condescending response. I did in fact use the search feature and also found a conflicting report in post 194. I was simply looking for other recent datapoints.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm about the make my first Prestige "4th night free" booking. I sent several hotel options to the Concierge, none of which were on the CWT page. The one I'm most interested in is available, but has a notice -- "This hotel does not accept travel agency IATA support. It is eligible... but please note that once reservation is made, travel agency holds no liability for reservation for any problems encountered with the booking up to and including the stay at the hotel, or with any concerns regarding the third party company".

Realistically, is this something to be concerned about? This is for a riad in Marrakech, so not a major US-brand hotel.
It hadn't occurred to me that CWT would advocate on your behalf like a real travel agent. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, since you would still have the travel and fraud benefits of your Citi Prestige. I would just want to make sure the hotel had good reviews and be sure that your hotel confirmation from CWT shows the reimbursement that you expect. Have a great trip!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Hi, thanks for the info.

Can an HHONOR diamond book 5 nights and get 4th night free from citi prestige and 5th night free from diamond benefit?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ylord789
Hi, thanks for the info.

Can an HHONOR diamond book 5 nights and get 4th night free from citi prestige and 5th night free from diamond benefit?
Isn't HHonors 5th night free only when using points?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:09 am

Just had CWT book my 4 nights in a riad in Marrakech for March. When citi sent me the proposal, it showed the name of the property, the type of room I want and the price. But the booking confirmation email I received just shows the property and price, but not the room type. Should I call back to add that on?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:34 am

Need some advice. O have the prestige card and made a booking for a hyatt. My wife is diamond and I wanted to use a DSU, hyatt is telling me in order to do that they will change the primary name on the res to my wifes name. I called citi concierge and spoke to them and the travel agents and they are telling me if that happens it will invalidate the 4th night free. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the DSU applied and not lose 4th night free?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by myb821
Need some advice. O have the prestige card and made a booking for a hyatt. My wife is diamond and I wanted to use a DSU, hyatt is telling me in order to do that they will change the primary name on the res to my wifes name. I called citi concierge and spoke to them and the travel agents and they are telling me if that happens it will invalidate the 4th night free. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the DSU applied and not lose 4th night free?
Can they switch it, apply the DSU, and switch it back? Only way I can think of that might work.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:08 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by myb821
Simple...you have to get your own Citi Prestige. My husband and I had the same issue recently, and the only solution we found is to have the spouse with elite status get the card.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dave15446
The certificate I want to use is a 3rd night free so it needs to be on a stay of 3 nights or more. Ideally I want to combine using this 3rd night free with the 4th night free prestige benefit on a 4 or 5 night stay to get 2 nights fees.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.