Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zanis520
I completely disagree. If they are giving a 4th night free benefit on hotels, then they need to do that. There's no fine print that says "not applicable if it's a small hotel". I completely understand how the service works, I read the fine print, researched this topic on the FlyerTalk, and did my due-diligence.

In any case, they initially told me no hotels were available. Most likely because these small hotels don't have websites. So instead of doing their due-diligence and calling, they resorted to laziness and said "no". When I pressed and asked about a specific hotel because I saw that there WAS availability, they called, then backtracked and said "Oh yes, we can get you a room there." This happened multiple times, with multiple hotels. I probably spoke to 10 different employees, and was told different things from each employee. There was no consistency to anything throughout the entire process.

What's the point in having a concierge service, if I have to do all the work? I'm not expecting outlandish things, but concierge depts are supposed to take the hassle out things like this, otherwise you can just book on your own.

I hope in the future my stays are as efficient and easy as you yours are, but this one was not. I have no sympathy or empathy for lazy customer service reps.
The booking is done by CWT, which is not a concierge service. The hotel having a website is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether the hotel is on the GDS CWT is using.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by seawolf
What is relevant is whether the hotel is on the GDS CWT is using.
Judging by reports here, that isn't necessarily relevant, as there have been cases where agents have booked rooms by phoning properties or through the hotel's website when the desired property/rate wasn't available to them in their GDS.

Whether or not agents are willing to take that extra step is a different matter.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Judging by reports here, that isn't necessarily relevant, as there have been cases where agents have booked rooms by phoning properties or through the hotel's website when the desired property/rate wasn't available to them in their GDS.

Whether or not agents are willing to take that extra step is a different matter.
Let me start off by saying I'm speculating.

The rate doesn't have to be available on GDS but the property will most likely have to be on it. Inability to tracking commission aside, at a minimum, you are going to need the GDS to validate the business is legit vs. me creating a website for my five star boutique property (aka Casa Seawolf) and have Citi book four nights where each night goes for $2,000 USD by going to my website and calling to book.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:52 am

The rate doesn't have to be available on GDS but the property will most likely have to be on it. Inability to tracking commission aside, at a minimum, you are going to need the GDS to validate the business is legit vs. me creating a website for my five star boutique property (aka Casa Seawolf) and have Citi book four nights where each night goes for $2,000 USD by going to my website and calling to book.
Fair enough -- I'll be the first to admit I have no idea how these smaller properties handle payment with travel agents. Sounds like you have a new business idea, though
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by PHLisa
I noticed that instead of billing all 4 nights as one charge, my hotel billed my card every 2 nights. (We had to move rooms after the first night due to an HVAC issue, so if anything it should have been 1+3.)

Should I assume this will not trigger the 4th night free? I'm not clear on whether the charge to the card is the trigger or if there is something in the system that knows the stay has occurred and that is the trigger for the credit.
I can now answer myself. The statement credit posted correctly about 6 weeks after the stay, even though the hotel charged my card as 2 nights twice instead of 4 nights once. It must be based on the booking rather than the billing.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I can now answer myself. The statement credit posted correctly about 6 weeks after the stay, even though the hotel charged my card as 2 nights twice instead of 4 nights once. It must be based on the booking rather than the billing.
I believe it's done based on the copy of your folio that they receive from the hotel.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I believe it's done based on the copy of your folio that they receive from the hotel.
You know, I thought I had 2 folios as well, but now that I check my Hilton account, I see it was 1. So this is likely correct. Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:10 pm

Interesting. One thing an agent mentioned is that if a hotel has availability through Kayak, then CWT/Prestige can book it. They said this is only if there is hotel availability directly through Kayak, not when Kayak is promoting third party sites (apparently both Kayak and Prestige/CWT use IATA). I was then later told by a different agent that Kayak/IATA have nothing to do with the availability CWT/Prestige has, and they are completely unrelated. I don't know what to believe any more
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:11 am

Having booked numerous 4 night free reservations, my experience has been that even if a hotel does not display through CWT, it may still be available for booking. The last two reservations I made required the agent to phone the hotel directly.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Again, like I said, booking at "smaller" hotels is just more tedious, if at all possible. The way I read the T&Cs is that you only get the 4th night free if you make the reservation through CWT. This does not exclude the possibility that CWT may not be able to book a hotel at all. Although, I would think it is usually in their favor to book any and all hotels that they can, as long as the hotel is willing to co-operate (aka pay a comish?)
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:00 am

When emailing the concierge, what information do I need to put to identify myself? Simply my name and last 4 of card?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by faboo
When emailing the concierge, what information do I need to put to identify myself? Simply my name and last 4 of card?
I email them all the time and never put any part of my card number. I think they recognize you by name and email as long as you use the email that you have associated with the card.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I made a 4th nt free booking two days ago on a prepaid rate. CWT made the booking with me via phone. Citi Prestige has also sent me the confirmation of the booking stating prepaid rate as well. My citi prestige cc still has not been charged (As of today, still do not see a pending charge in activity nor has CL been deducted).

Anyone have any experience on this? Booking a prepaid rate and not being charged ASAP upon booking? I am just worried/hesitant that come 6 months, when I get to the hotel, there is no booking -__-
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Anyone have any experience on this? Booking a prepaid rate and not being charged ASAP upon booking? I am just worried/hesitant that come 6 months, when I get to the hotel, there is no booking -__-
I have not experienced this personally, but quite a few people on the thread have reported that they were not immediately charged, but had no problems with their booking. AFAIK, though, everyone was eventually charged.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I made a 4th nt free booking two days ago on a prepaid rate. CWT made the booking with me via phone. Citi Prestige has also sent me the confirmation of the booking stating prepaid rate as well. My citi prestige cc still has not been charged (As of today, still do not see a pending charge in activity nor has CL been deducted).

I booked a 4 night non-refundable supposedly "prepaid" room in Cape Town through CWT/Citi Concierge. Booked in August, and I never got charged until I checked in in October. (I'm sure I would have been charged if I was a no-show as well...)

Oddly enough, I got my 4th night rebate in early September...before I stayed or paid! And because the dollar strengthened against the South African rand between the time of making the reservation, I got back the 4th night AND about $23 extra!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.