Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
... find something in Orbitz using one of their ubiquitous "15OFF" type codes, or on a hotel chain website using the AAA selection, ...
Scroll back to post 2102 and read forward. AAA and similar rates don't seem to be a problem, but discounts offered by another agency are only available if you book through that agency.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
That's good. I guess the question would then be what rates/discounts does Aspire have access to? It's not a large online travel agency that I can tell.

If I find something in Orbitz using one of their ubiquitous "15OFF" type codes, or on a hotel chain website using the AAA selection, can I get that rate for my three paid nights?

Or do I have to pay the BAR and get one night free off of that, possibly netting some smaller discount (or none at all)?
As long as:

1. You can book the rate (and corresponding discount [AAA, Government, corporate rate])* on the hotel website (i.e., no third parties) AND

2. The rate is for a room only**

They should be able to find and book it for you.

* Aspire might have better rates negotiated through their contract with the hotel

** They would not book a rate that is room + breakfast even if cheaper than just the room rate. They will book a club room, or all inclusive rate (if the hotel does NOT offer just a room rate).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I can definitively say that AAA rates do not cause a problem. I've used them both under CWT and Aspire and had no issue.

Also have used it without issue on all-inclusive rates (Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta).

Your best bet is to send them an email request ahead of time and wait for the response. Then you can call in and the case file is already open and you just have to work through it. You can also be much more specific and clear in an email (obviously) and avoid any ambiguity - you can of course ask them to see if they have any better rates or if there are any comparable hotels for a given rate (when booking our trip to Santorini, I actually asked for 3-4 recommendations in a price range and then did my own research and honed in on one of them).

This is my typical MO and allows the actual calls to be short and to the point since they are just processing and confirming the rate hasn't changed since they emailed me.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I had an experience that may be of interest. I booked a 4 night stay through the Concierge. Due to flight delays I arrived over 12 hours late, missing the first night. The hotel charged me 4 nights anyway, but the first night charge was called something different from the others.

Citi did not rebate the 4th night. When I asked why, suspecting the answer, they said the hotel told them I was only there 3 nights. I explained the situation, and they told me to send a copy of the folio. Once I did they were fine with issuing the rebate.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Got my credit a few days after the charge posted (which was several days after checkout). The initial booking was a bit troublesome, as I wanted to use a special event [wedding] code significantly below any of the public rates, but Aspire & Ritz eventually figured it out after a few false starts. All in all, a very positive experience.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:10 am

My Citi Prestige + Wife's SPG account

Hey all,

I did a search and didn't find an answer to the question

I have the Citi Prestige CC and looking to do a booking for Sheraton. The wifey has gold status and would like to get her the points on this booking. She will be travelling with me for this travel.

Is it possible to use my card for booking and get her the points and get her gold perks?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Depending how many nights you're doing Sheraton has the birthday rate for the second night. So it would need to use her card for the reservation.

Enjoy a favorite offer from our guests. Stay one night at regular rate and your second night's rate will be equal to the year you were born. Born in 1968? Pay $68.

Rates will be confirmed at check-in

Last edited by mia; Jun 18, 2017 at 1:25 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:28 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mhdena
... it would need to use her card for the reservation.
Why? The credit card used for payment has nothing to do with crediting the stay to Starwood Preferred Guest, and there is nothing in the terms of the rate that specifies which type of payment card is used:

Terms and Conditions

Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts across the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean.
Guests may book the lowest flexible or pre-paid rates at hotels that do not participate in Pay Your Birth Year.
Advance reservations are required and may be made online or by calling 877-782-0108 and mentioning Promotion Code NBR.
This offer is valid for stays of two or more nights. Rate discount applies only to the second night. Select properties may allow this discount to apply to the second and third nights. Best available rate prevails thereafter.
Length of stay requirements may vary by participating hotel.
The rate at certain hotels for the second and third nights of the stay will be $100 + the value of the guest’s birth year. For example, if the guest’s birth year is 1970, then the rate for the 2nd and 3rd night would be $170 per night.
The rates for the second and third night of stay will be confirmed at check-in upon presentation of valid ID and confirmation of birth year. Please note that your ID will not be photocopied and your birth date will not be added to our records.
The rate for reservations containing multiple rooms will vary based on the age of the oldest adult staying in each room. Valid ID and confirmation is required for the oldest guest staying in each room.
Must be 18 or older to participate in this promotion.
Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored.
Stay and arrival restrictions may apply. Please see individual property terms and conditions for details.
Reservation rates are quoted in local currency and are subject to currency fluctuations.
Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
Offer not applicable to groups
Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
Void where prohibited by law.
Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.

Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:12 pm

Sorry, to clarify,
i will be staying for 4 nights and i want to take advantage of the 4th night free credit.

Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:23 pm
mia

The reservation must be in the Prestige cardholder's name, see post 1621. You could add your SPG account number to the reservation, but not your wife's. (You can transfer SPG points between spouses, in increments of 1,000.) If you do try to add your wife's SPG number you run the risk that the hotel will change the reservation to her name, and that could cost you the 4th night reimbursement.

Last edited by mia; Jun 18, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The reservation must be in the Prestige cardholder's name, see post 1621. You could add your SPG account number to the reservation, but not your wife's. (You can transfer SPG points between spouses, in increments of 1,000.) If you do try to add your wife's SPG number you run the risk that the hotel will change to reservation to her name, and that could cost you the 4th night reimbursement.

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated. I was hoping to double dip and get her gold benefits and get my 4th night free;
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Well, damn... I just tried my first Citi Prestige 4th Night Free request.

(1) Did the email thing first...about a week ago. Got a response back in 2 hours, exactly what I wanted, so far so good. No special rates involved. Instructions were to phone in to confirm.

(2) Next day: quickly confirmed rooms still available, same rate, phoned in, gave them the case number and card info. Waited on hold for 10 minutes...agent says "the hotel's computers must be down." She says, "we'll email you when they're back up...might be tomorrow."

(3) A week goes by. I forget about the request. No one emails me. It's for a 2200-room Disney resort in the middle of hurricane season. I'm not exactly worried about it selling out.

(4) Today, I decide to just call in and start a new request. We decided to slightly modify room type, so I figure mentioning earlier request will be confusing. Again, I give dates, the agent confirms rates, we're all in agreement, I give card info....and I go on hold for 10 minutes. Agent comes back on and, again, says it's some computer problem. She says she'll email me when they have it figured out.

(5) Agent emails me 5 minutes ago and says "the entire hotel is sold out." It's not. I go online, book a room in 2 minutes (using the Prestige card), again a standard room with no special codes or anything, and send the concierge the confirmation number. I make it clear I still expect the 4th Night Free, which I'm sure they're going to balk at since they didn't get the commission.

So....what's next? My reservation is cancellable with no penalty until a few days before the stay: if they need to book a new one and have me cancel this one, fine. But I'm tired of being on the phone with people to book a really easy, straightforward hotel room.

Nice perk for this card to have, but terrible execution. Why is a phone agent involved in this at all? It's freaking 2017.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by monu58
Thanks for the answer, much appreciated. I was hoping to double dip and get her gold benefits and get my 4th night free;
You can still double dip for a small fee. Get her an AU card and then she can book it in her name with the 4th night free benefit.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:15 pm

blogger reports 4th night free is for primary card only, not authorized user card
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
blogger reports 4th night free is for primary card only, not authorized user card
You are correct. Only primary card holder is eligible.

International Complimentary Night Hotels and Resorts Program TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The primary cardholder will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by Citi Prestige®Concierge ( "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.