Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Can't do any points/cash as it requires authenticating against your account which concierge can't/won't do even if you gave them your authorization. Similar restrictions with mLife elite tier rates.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:13 pm

book the Hyatt standard rate via Citi
call Hyatt the next day and change the rate plan to P&C
maybe you get the Citi 4th night credit, maybe not
no downside
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: N/A
Thanks Colin.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How long is it taking now to get the 4th night credit applied?

Is there any way to accelerate via email?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
See post at #2158. Don't know whether e-mail works as well as phone, but based on experience(s) I describe there, as well as the delays described by others on the board, the value of calling (or e-mailing) would have to do not with accelerating the process, but with intervening in a process that has stalled out.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by swag
What would be the point? The cost you pay would be the same as if you just booked 3 night stays. Are you looking to get an extra elite night credit, or to push some extra spend through the card?
Isn't there a rule that you can't have concurrent reservations and qualify for the credit for both hotels?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
How long is it taking now to get the 4th night credit applied?

Is there any way to accelerate via email?
I don't know if it helps or not - but the last time I inquired about expediting the credit through e-mail, it was posted 2 days later. Coincidence? maybe.

I did have a good reason to ask for it though (although it was post-paid stays, the hotels charged the full amount 30 days prior to the stays and the total rebates would have amounted to a four figure sum).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Colin
book the Hyatt standard rate via Citi
call Hyatt the next day and change the rate plan to P&C
maybe you get the Citi 4th night credit, maybe not
no downside
That's exactly what I did.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I don't know if it helps or not - but the last time I inquired about expediting the credit through e-mail, it was posted 2 days later. Coincidence? maybe.

I did have a good reason to ask for it though (although it was post-paid stays, the hotels charged the full amount 30 days prior to the stays and the total rebates would have amounted to a four figure sum).
I was 3 weeks after my stay, the statement it was on posted and was paid, so I just emailed (I responded to the saved email confirming the benefit at the time of booking) to ask when to expect the credit. They responded same day to forward them the folio showing the stay and they would process it. I got an email a few hours later saying it was processed and to expect to see it in a couple of days and I did. This was the end of June.

As soon as the Fairmont posts my folio online or emails me my receipt, I am going to pre-emptively just send it for my stay that ended July 8.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by niehaubs
I was 3 weeks after my stay, the statement it was on posted and was paid, so I just emailed (I responded to the saved email confirming the benefit at the time of booking) to ask when to expect the credit. They responded same day to forward them the folio showing the stay and they would process it. I got an email a few hours later saying it was processed and to expect to see it in a couple of days and I did. This was the end of June.

As soon as the Fairmont posts my folio online or emails me my receipt, I am going to pre-emptively just send it for my stay that ended July 8.
As previously mentioned, some of us encountered occurrences where our hotel bookings via Concierge had the [email protected] listed as the email contact address.

I suspect the reason being Concierge having the ability to obtain an electronic copy of the folio directly from the hotel after our stays, and for them to verify and process the 4th night free benefit more quickly.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I need to cancel a stay I booked via Aspire, any reason to call them vs just cancelling on marriot.com?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
None that I can think of. In fact, I remember one concierge agent giving me a spiel about how, if I needed to cancel, I should make sure to do it with the hotel.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:56 am

Has anyone successfully used a 4th night free and combined it with Fairmont's 3rd night free cert?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Has anyone successfully used a 4th night free and combined it with Fairmont's 3rd night free cert?
I've done it with Four Seasons, was very open with Aspire (because I wanted the exact deal offered on the website), and the rep acknowledged it was a good deal. Should be no problem, good luck.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Yes, it's the same as a regular concierge reservation but you need to mention that you want to apply a certificate in your President's Club account. I just did this at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and combined it with a suite upgrade cert. This location has 5% off for presidents club members right now and it's running the fairmont moments promo, so we were able to get 5 nights in a suite for $2K.

It took a while to do the reservation, and in the end I got hung up on, but I will take the $500 savings for 1/2 of frustration.

I'm up to $3K in rebates for the first year on a net $100 AF card. Too bad the Chase Fairmont card is going away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.