Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeans
No, certainly can't beat the uselessness of your posts though. Happy to answer any actual questions on topic.
Jbeans, do you mean Amankila already had your credit card info? If so, was this from a previous stay or did you email the reservations team beforehand and explain what was going on?
Old May 11, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

Has anyone used this for higher end hotels like Cheval Blanc Randhelli or FS George V Paris where nightly rate can be US$2k+ ?

Does the fourth night free benefit still apply ?

Thanks

​​​
Yes. I've used for a boutique property in Aix for about $1500/night. Currently have rez thru Citi with Paris Meurice for next week. ~$1000. Not $2k+ but still pricey.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Jbeans, do you mean Amankila already had your credit card info? If so, was this from a previous stay or did you email the reservations team beforehand and explain what was going on?
Citi Prestige concierge had my info on file (my first stay at Amankila). I meant to tell UCLABRUIN82 that no cc authorization form was required. I booked it with Citi just like any other hotel, and received the 4th night free credit.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeans
Citi Prestige concierge had my info on file (my first stay at Amankila). I meant to tell UCLABRUIN82 that no cc authorization form was required. I booked it with Citi just like any other hotel, and received the 4th night free credit.
So I tried again, this time just doing it via email as opposed to calling, and I received email confirmations for Amandari and Amankila. Also, the nice thing is that my email confirmations specifically say that this reservation qualifies for the 4th night free.

The only thing I do not like is that they do not confirm the rate I requested in the reservation confirmation.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
so I booked another Citi 4th night free using Starwood's 3rd night free promo code, and they again took the Room avg night rate to give me a discount rather than pricing out each night...going to call again tomorrow to see what is happening
Old May 12, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
so I booked another Citi 4th night free using Starwood's 3rd night free promo code, and they again took the Room avg night rate to give me a discount rather than pricing out each night...going to call again tomorrow to see what is happening
It's not Citi averaging out. It's SPG. When you book the buy N get X nights free rate, SPG.com only gives you the grand total for the stay as it is a prepaid rate. Citi doesn't see the nightly breakdown. They may have to book by phone instead of the website.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
FlyingDoctorwu, when was the last time you booked an Aman? I was told last night that since all international Amans require me to sign a credit card authorization form, then that step negates the 4th night free.
Sorry just saw this, and looks like you got this already taken care of already but I've been able to book Amans without any trouble, as of just recently... I've already been in touch with the hotels before so they are already waiting for the reservation from Citi though...

FDW
Old May 14, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, CX Silver, SPG Gold
Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Back-to-Back

Has anyone successfully tried having 2 Citi Prestige cards under your own name as the primary cardholder in order to book back-to-back reservations with the 4th night free benefit?
Old May 23, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
I just booked a "2 nights free on 6 night stay" at Starwood, and the Citi Prestige concierge quoted me the free 4th night at the actual nightly rate (as opposed to 33% off) without me even asking. So it seems like it still works for the next two months.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by milypan
I just booked a "2 nights free on 6 night stay" at Starwood, and the Citi Prestige concierge quoted me the free 4th night at the actual nightly rate (as opposed to 33% off) without me even asking. So it seems like it still works for the next two months.
i called them yesterday for a new booking - the person on the phone told me they couldn't actually see the daily rate and would have to guess it - my previous stay ended up giving me the 4th night free rather than averaging out the rate.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just booked four night stay at Radisson blu Bangkok through the concierge. Confirming email says the amount of room rate and taxes will be rebated but it appears the 10% service charge will not be reimbursed.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Just booked four night stay at Radisson blu Bangkok through the concierge. Confirming email says the amount of room rate and taxes will be rebated but it appears the 10% service charge will not be reimbursed.
My confirming email for a different hotel in Bangkok made it appear that I would not receive the 10% service charge reimbursement; then, when I received the email telling me that my reimbursement had been processed, the 10% was included.

I was also pleasantly surprised to receive the "your reimbursement has been processed" email prior to my actual stay (on a pre-paid rate). ^
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is there a website we can go to in order to view the 4th Night Free hotel options and rates? I understand that to actually book you have to make a phone call, but I'd like to keep that call as short as possible by knowing exactly what I'm asking for - precise hotel and rate.

I don't want to deal with a phone agent telling me that my hotel doesn't exist or is unavailable when I already know it is.

I seem to remember someone sharing such a link here a couple years ago...
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
... such a link here a couple years ago...
At the time the bookings were handled by Carlson Wagonlit Travel, and looking at one of their sites gave an indication. Booking are now handled by the concierge service Aspire. As written, the benefit applies to any hotel, the property doesn't need to have any type of relationship with Aspire, but it does need to be a hotel rather than an apartment or a palace.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
At the time the bookings were handled by Carlson Wagonlit Travel, and looking at one of their sites gave an indication. Booking are now handled by the concierge service Aspire. As written, the benefit applies to any hotel, the property doesn't need to have any type of relationship with Aspire, but it does need to be a hotel rather than an apartment or a palace.
That's good. I guess the question would then be what rates/discounts does Aspire have access to? It's not a large online travel agency that I can tell.

If I find something in Orbitz using one of their ubiquitous "15OFF" type codes, or on a hotel chain website using the AAA selection, can I get that rate for my three paid nights?

Or do I have to pay the BAR and get one night free off of that, possibly netting some smaller discount (or none at all)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.