Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:22 pm

What is the exact date the changes to exclude taxes kick in? Stays including or beginning after Aug 1?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nall
What is the exact date the changes to exclude taxes kick in? Stays including or beginning after Aug 1?
The Complimentary 4th Night benefit will be calculated based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017

For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017 for every four or more consecutive nights booked, you will receive a statement credit equivalent to the total cost of your entire stay divided by the number of nights stayed. For example, if you reserve a 4-night stay, and the first and second nights are $100 a night and the third and fourth nights are $200 a night, for a total of $600, you will receive a $150 statement credit. For reservations made before July 23, 2017, you receive a statement credit for the value of the of the 4th night's actual room rate, which in this example would be $200.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:21 am

Anyone successfully booked Starwood Luxury Privileges rate with them? I emailed them to book Luxury Privileges rate but they told me they need to book me at the best available room rate to qualify..
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
They usually avoid package rates unless that is the lowest.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by louloufafa
Anyone successfully booked Starwood Luxury Privileges rate with them? I emailed them to book Luxury Privileges rate but they told me they need to book me at the best available room rate to qualify..
the LP is usually equivalent to the BAR. However only certain travel agents can book thst rate.

Fdw
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

What price does Citi concierge use for this service? The price for the same hotel is vastly different depending on the website.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
What price does Citi concierge use for this service? .
The property's own website.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:24 pm

Anyone else having trouble with Aspire to actually book without a bunch of errors and delays.

for example- I sent them a SCREEN SHOT of the room and the rate - they repond matching the rate. I reply within 5 minutes - then two days later they reply and say the hotel is out of rooms.

A few hours go by and I check and see the original room is available- tell them to book that- a day goes by and it's unavailable again.

It's actually hapepend maybe 4/5 of the last few bookings. Aspire doesn't seem to care about the problems it's causing- just happy they have a huge fat Citibank contract. Also they tend to book more expensive rooms then those that are available even when you ask for the cheapest room - this doesn't just raise the price for me but it also does for Citibank since they comp the 4th night.

I've complainted but Aspire just ignores the email- any advice on how to actually complain and let citi know what's happening. I have screen shots of all this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
Anyone else having trouble with Aspire to actually book without a bunch of errors and delays.

for example- I sent them a SCREEN SHOT of the room and the rate - they repond matching the rate. I reply within 5 minutes - then two days later they reply and say the hotel is out of rooms.

A few hours go by and I check and see the original room is available- tell them to book that- a day goes by and it's unavailable again.

It's actually hapepend maybe 4/5 of the last few bookings. Aspire doesn't seem to care about the problems it's causing- just happy they have a huge fat Citibank contract. Also they tend to book more expensive rooms then those that are available even when you ask for the cheapest room - this doesn't just raise the price for me but it also does for Citibank since they comp the 4th night.

I've complainted but Aspire just ignores the email- any advice on how to actually complain and let citi know what's happening. I have screen shots of all this.
If timing is crucial, try calling them and booking the room on the phone? I haven't had any issues booking and confirming bookings on the phone. Plus, I have been lucky that the wait time was never more than a couple minutes.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nesnith
If timing is crucial, try calling them and booking the room on the phone? I haven't had any issues booking and confirming bookings on the phone. Plus, I have been lucky that the wait time was never more than a couple minutes.
I'm in northern Africa- calling isn't always an easy option and I imagine that's the same for others as well. I can understand a delay of a few hours - but two days responding to an reservation request is reckless.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky

I have found them to be quick in booking, but if you have to respond tontheir email they take a few days.
If you really want it/need it just call, it will be done in half an hour at latest
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:23 am

Apologies if it's been discussed previously, but I have a reservation for August that's non refundable, and I've received the 4th night credit already.

However the hotel is planning on charging only at check-in, and I was planning on cancelling the CC before that.

Anybody know what happens if I do that and the stay is never charged on the Citi Prestige?

Thank you,
Ben.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I have a Singapore Citi Prestige card and I found the following in the T&C's. For the 2nd point (in bold), is my interpretation correct that I'll need a minimum of 7 nights between stays at the same hotel to be eligible for another 4th night free credit? e.g. if I stay 1st to 5th May, and return on 9th - 13th May, my 2nd stay is ineligible?

Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is a minimum of four consecutive nights booked at same hotel and does not include back-to back stays. For the purposes of these conditions, ‘Back-to-back’ include the following:
  • [*]
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Benjh
Apologies if it's been discussed previously, but I have a reservation for August that's non refundable, and I've received the 4th night credit already.

However the hotel is planning on charging only at check-in, and I was planning on cancelling the CC before that.

Anybody know what happens if I do that and the stay is never charged on the Citi Prestige?

Thank you,
Ben.
From what you described, it sounded like the reservation was already charged and paid for when you made the booking (i.e. hence it is non-refundable). Since it is already paid for, unless you are leaving the balance on the credit card, it would't effect anything if you cancel your card later on.

The only thing I can think of is if the hotel insists on seeing/holding the original card you used for booking.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by nesnith
From what you described, it sounded like the reservation was already charged and paid for when you made the booking (i.e. hence it is non-refundable). Since it is already paid for, unless you are leaving the balance on the credit card, it would't effect anything if you cancel your card later on.
Nope. Somehow there's been a confusion between the citi concierge and the hotel. Although they booked me a non refundable rate, the hotel is waiting til I check in to charge (they told me so).

So I haven't been charged anything, and have still received my refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.