Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
I would argue that the terms and conditions apply, not a pdf of a faq...
Understood, but the published terms do not define the critical words room and hotel, and it appears that this document provides guidance to concierge staff by excluding certain types of lodging.

I think some exclusions are reasonable, not every overnight sleeping accommodation is a hotel room. One might challenge some of Citi's specific exclusions, but to do this effectively requires access to someone with the authority to make changes, and mass market companies are very skilled at insulating those people from direct customer contact.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
When it was done by CWT, I received the amount on the email, not what I actually paid. Same as described in the email you excerpted.
That has been my experience as well, but this time, that didn't happen. I would imagine the credits are automated, just can't figure out what was fed to their system to receive the lower amount. I sent a secure message to get the difference credited, but it's a curious case.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
If it's not in the member agreement, it isn't a policy. The link above didn't work for me.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Understandable but let's not be hogs...the benefit is outstanding.
See username - I'm a hog A hog who lives by the mantra "H.U.C.A."

Spoke with a new concierge around 7pm EST. Earlier reps had said they are done at 5pm. Booked an overwater bungalow for 4 nights at end of December, received email confirming 4th night free w/in 24 hours. Had to pay non-refundable discount rate in full, so should be able to see statement credit before my stay. Rep didn't hesitate or even mention the "no villas... separate structure" stuff that I got earlier in the day.

This benefit IS outstanding!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by baconjam
See username - I'm a hog A hog who lives by the mantra "H.U.C.A."
Didn't even realize it until now, lol. I live by the mantra pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Spoke with a new concierge around 7pm EST. Earlier reps had said they are done at 5pm. Booked an overwater bungalow for 4 nights at end of December, received email confirming 4th night free w/in 24 hours. Had to pay non-refundable discount rate in full, so should be able to see statement credit before my stay. Rep didn't hesitate or even mention the "no villas... separate structure" stuff that I got earlier in the day.

This benefit IS outstanding!
Awesome! Enjoy your vacay!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Hyatt DSU resulted in drastically reduced rate

I made a reservation weeks ago for a 4th night free stay and later called HGP to apply a DSU. All seemed fine and I got a confirmation of the upgrade but noticed that the DSU had not been pulled right away.

A couple of days ago I received an email change notification and the only thing that seemed to have changed was that the rate had been cut by more than half, but also includes a point component (booking shows total amount for stay +15k points). The DSU was also pulled. I've never spoken to anyone at Citi or HGP about using points for any element of the stay.

I can't figure out what's going on here except to guess that perhaps there's a Citi concierge note in there about 4th night free and someone at the hotel or HGP interpreted that as requiring 15,000 points and also adjusted the rate incorrectly.

Normally I'd call Citi to resolve this, but the fact is that the new rate (even considering the points) is an even better deal than 4th Night Free at the old rate. I'm thinking calling any attention to the reservation on the Hyatt end would most likely increase the rate. Any thoughts? Maybe call Citi to see if they see the new rate reflected and if they need to contact the hotel tell them to leave as is?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:41 am

I am still completing one reservation. It's exactly a month since I emailed them about it. So far 6 emails from them and nearly 10 emails from me to them about it as well as 3 phone calls. We even "booked" it, they just can't seem to find the reservation details or something.

One reason they gave was that the person originally handing my request was "no longer with them". I have to say Amex is a whole lot better in doing this. And this trip is only $30 a night too...
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Anyone know if Aspire offers any of the Virtuoso-type benefits (such as free breakfast, upgrade if available, etc.) at higher end hotels such as Four Seasons?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:26 pm

I don't recall receiving an email from Aspire with the confirmation I'd get the 4th night refunded, can anyone provide the email address they use? Is it the one mentioned in the wiki at the top?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Yep, it is indeed.

Originally Posted by Smileycj1
Is it the one mentioned in the wiki at the top?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by daveinsf
Anyone know if Aspire offers any of the Virtuoso-type benefits (such as free breakfast, upgrade if available, etc.) at higher end hotels such as Four Seasons?
The previous provider offered MastercardWorld Elite Luxury Hotels and resorts which was virtuoso like (breakfast, credit, upgrade on arrival). I think that some people have tried to get Aspire to book the MasterCard rates without too much success...

The current provider is apparently a Four Seasons Preferred Partner so if you book a FS hotel you'll get breakfast, upgrade on arrival and some sort of credit....

FDW
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Not OWB, but pricey. The Brando Resort in FP. All confirmed within 48 hours.

I've used the service seven times and all has gone as promised. Including the time Hyatt gift cards were used as partial payment. That was an expensive lesson. Be sure 100% of invoice is paid with proper credit card.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by hedoman
Not OWB, but pricey. The Brando Resort in FP. All confirmed within 48 hours.

I've used the service seven times and all has gone as promised. Including the time Hyatt gift cards were used as partial payment. That was an expensive lesson. Be sure 100% of invoice is paid with proper credit card.
How was it an expensive lesson if all went as planned?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
As promised, not as planned.

Promise is rebate when payment made using your own Citi Prestige card.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by daveinsf
Would be nice to have a separate thread where people can book hotels and note what benefits provided (breakfast, upgrade, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.