Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
My understanding, based on what the CWT rep (the person who actually books the room, not the original person who takes the request) told me is that the fourth night is free and thus refunded. (IIRC, you don't get any extra fee or the taxes refunded for the fourth night - just the basic charge for that night.) Thus, it's not simply a matter of getting 25 percent of your bill refunded. For instance, if your nightly bill is, say, 2000 + 2500 + 2000 + 3000, you get 3000 refunded. Can't say for sure how this will work with the deal you're trying to secure, especially since it hinges on how the RC calculates its 3 for 2 deal, but good luck!
Well, it depends on the country and how the hotel charges. If the quote is for a room "including all taxes" that is what CWT/Citi will refund.

You will know how much they will credit when you make the booking: the quote includes the amount of the 4th night credit.

Agree with your numbers above, BTW. The 4th night is 3k, you should get 3k.

HOWEVER, I am at a hotel that has a 'stay 5 pay 4' plan. So they discount each night 20%. I will be charged one set amount on each of the 5 days. As a result cwt/citi has said they will pay for the 4th night at 80% of the single night rate. Basically stay 5 pay 3.2...works for me.

All depends on how the hotel books the rate.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Well, it depends on the country and how the hotel charges. If the quote is for a room "including all taxes" that is what CWT/Citi will refund.

You will know how much they will credit when you make the booking: the quote includes the amount of the 4th night credit.

HOWEVER, I am at a hotel that has a 'stay 5 pay 4' plan. So they discount each night 20%. I will be charged one set amount on each of the 5 days. As a result cwt/citi has said they will pay for the 4th night at 80% of the single night rate. Basically stay 5 pay 3.2...works for me.

Ah, thanks for this clarification.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

So were you upfront about the 5th night free? Citi may be less happy about a third night free (and then their fourth night). I'm thinking the best way for me to do the free third night (pay 2, stay 3) plus the fourth free via citi is to make the res and then transfer it over to Citi after confirming that night four is actually getting charged. I'd have one of these scenarios (and would clearly prefer 1 or 3). If I can make the res myself, I could confirm these details before transferring over to citi.
1) 1=$1000; 2=$1000; 3=0; 4=$1000 (citi comped)
2) 1=$1000; 2=$1000; 3=$1000; 4=0 (in the event the hotel grants 4th rather than 3rd night "free" on the bill)
2) 1=$666; 2=$666; 3=$666; 4=$1000 (citi comped)
3) 1=$750; 2=$750; 3=$750; 4=$750 (citi comped)
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
For those of you who are loyal to Hyatt... is it possible to book a room for myself and a family member through this 4th night free benefit and credit the night/stay credit to my brother even though I'm the primary guest? I wouldn't attach my HGP # onto the reservation, only my family member's.
Yes.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Yes.
Citi will only book one room. So Jimgotkp's question on booking two rooms is already a no-go. And whether Hyatt will credit the points if the name and the GP account is different will be dependent on Hyatt.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I just recently completed a 5th nt free booking via Citi. The quote for me included the 4th night free. The hotel did setup the rate with the 5th night as a $0 rate....waiting on the refund...

FDW

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So were you upfront about the 5th night free? Citi may be less happy about a third night free (and then their fourth night). I'm thinking the best way for me to do the free third night (pay 2, stay 3) plus the fourth free via citi is to make the res and then transfer it over to Citi after confirming that night four is actually getting charged. I'd have one of these scenarios (and would clearly prefer 1 or 3). If I can make the res myself, I could confirm these details before transferring over to citi.
1) 1=$1000; 2=$1000; 3=0; 4=$1000 (citi comped)
2) 1=$1000; 2=$1000; 3=$1000; 4=0 (in the event the hotel grants 4th rather than 3rd night "free" on the bill)
2) 1=$666; 2=$666; 3=$666; 4=$1000 (citi comped)
3) 1=$750; 2=$750; 3=$750; 4=$750 (citi comped)
Getting CWT to take over a reservation can be very very difficult. I've managed to do that once in the past but it took a lot of convincing (I had setup teh reservation directly with the hotel; asking the hotel if my travel agent could take over the reservation)... I don't think CWT really cares if you get the X night free to be honest..

FDW
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:19 am

used the benefit for the first time.

booked a prepaid rate on 9/2 for a 4 night stay beginning on 10/4. Was charged the full prepaid amount on 9/8.

Stay completed and credit was posted on 11/24.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
My understanding, based on what the CWT rep (the person who actually books the room, not the original person who takes the request) told me is that the fourth night is free and thus refunded. (IIRC, you don't get any extra fee or the taxes refunded for the fourth night - just the basic charge for that night.) Thus, it's not simply a matter of getting 25 percent of your bill refunded. For instance, if your nightly bill is, say, 2000 + 2500 + 2000 + 3000, you get 3000 refunded. Can't say for sure how this will work with the deal you're trying to secure, especially since it hinges on how the RC calculates its 3 for 2 deal, but good luck!
In my experience you do get the taxes and fees refunded. Basically you get any charges that occur on the 4th night (so if the rate is lower on night 4 than the other nights you only get that refunded, likewise if the 4th night is higher you get the higher price of the 4th night refunded).

In either case when you get the quote and then when you get the final booking the total refund amount is stated in bold at the bottom.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Is Mukul Resort in Nicaragua eligible for 4th night free benefit?

I am wondering if anyone knows if the Mukul Resort in Nicaragua is in the CTW portfolio of hotels that would therefore be eligible for the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free benefit. Anyone know? Thanks so much!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I am wondering if anyone knows if the Mukul Resort in Nicaragua is in the CTW portfolio of hotels that would therefore be eligible for the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free benefit. Anyone know? Thanks so much!
Others may know for certain, but I would hazard a guess that it should be fine. The resort comes up on Expedia, for example. Just call the concierge and try! I am curious if it will work, and wish you success.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:47 pm

The riad I'm looking at in Marrakech doesn't appear on the CWT website, so I assume I can't get the 4th night free. But the bloggers constantly say that the 4th night applies to any hotel. Is that just them blowing smoke to get people to sign up? Or is there something I'm missing?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:23 am
Suspended

Any hotel bookable by CWT.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:41 am

Also, not all hotels bookable by CWT shows up on the website. Your best bet is to call.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA PLT
As a data point, I just made a booking that did not appear on the GDS I have access to through work, so I wasn't optimistic about CWT being able to book it, but emailed the concierge anyway. To my surprise, I received a quote. When I went to book it, the agent advised that since it was bookable on Expedia, they could access it as well.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by linglingfool
As a data point, I just made a booking that did not appear on the GDS I have access to through work, so I wasn't optimistic about CWT being able to book it, but emailed the concierge anyway. To my surprise, I received a quote. When I went to book it, the agent advised that since it was bookable on Expedia, they could access it as well.
Thanks. Previously my opinion is that it needs to be on GDS (due to the commission) but I no longer think that is true. I have no idea how this program is sustainable as I’ve had credits post several times for cancelled "paid at hotel rate" stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.