Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:31 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
If I login to https://prioritypass.com/en/dashboard/myprioritypass there is an American Express logo.
No logo on mine. So I know it's not an Amex membership, at least. It might be a US Bank card but more likely it's the CSR after all.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by mangust
My PP is only through CSR. My digital membership number is also different from the physical card.
I was on the phone today with the JP Morgan Reserve folks, trying to sort out which PP number was for which credit card. They did not know about the digital number numbers differing from the physical card numbers, so they put me through to a PP representative who confirmed that the two numbers were from the same account. Of course, I then stumble upon this thread!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
No logo on mine. So I know it's not an Amex membership, at least. It might be a US Bank card but more likely it's the CSR after all.
On the Android app it does show the US Bank logo for me so I guess you can assume is not that one.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
A small Amex logo is shown at the bottom when I log in using a browser. In the app when clicking on Card, the Amex logo is shown only briefly before flipped to the membership card.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:49 pm
xyc

Has anyone here heard of Priority Pass or Chase warning or cutting someone off for overuse of Priority Pass? I have a friend with a Ritz-Carlton credit card and Priority Pass membership who flies regularly with a crew for business and wants to start using the Priority Pass benefits in restaurants and lounges 2 to 4 times per month with 3 to 6 guests each time.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by xyc
....with 3 to 6 guests each time.
There are two limits that are relevant to guesting. One is the number of guests that the club or restaurant will accept. Neither Priority Pass nor Chase has any ability to change this. The other is the number of guests for which Chase will pay. That's the limit that is mentioned in, or missing from, marketing materials which lead people to believe they can bring "unlimited" guests.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 4, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by mia
There are two limits that are relevant to guesting. One is the number of guests that the club or restaurant will accept. Neither Priority Pass nor Chase has any ability to change this. The other is the number of guests for which Chase will pay. That's the limit that is mentioned, or missing from, marketing materials which lead people to believe they can bring "unlimited" guests.
Mia's correct. Many restaurants will only accept a maximum of 2-3 people per Priority Pass Membership.

Now I do have 6 authorized users for my Ritz card, so they each have their own membership, and my brother was able to guest his entire family of 6 in the Atlanta lounge, when my sister-in-law lost her card, however I doubt a restaurant would've allowed this.

Your friend may be able to add members of his "crew" as authorized users, to get them their own membership, but I would personally never do that. My 6 authorized users are all family members.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by EccentricINTJ
Just upgraded to the Ritz Carlton Card! Just want to confirm that it is still possible to upgrade to this card despite the upcoming rumors of the new cards by Chase and Amex. I talked extensively with the rep to verify some things and benefits and the biggest change is you guessed it. Priority Pass guesting privileges. =(

Here is an update:
I was able to product change exactly 1 day of account approval of my Marriott Bonvoy Boundless of last year, 8/23. I called on 8/23 and they told me to wait a day or two. I called today(8/24) and I was able to upgrade.
Guesting limits to Priority Pass been changed to 2 guests only. Still unlimited free priority pass for authorized users though (they too get +2 Guests).
AUs don't need to be in the same household and don't need an SSN to be added. So if you wanted to gift PP to your friends, it's still possible.
Not trying to doubt you, but did this info come directly from Chase? I would've thought they would've sent out an updated card agreement or letter to existing card holders.

I may just tell my sister-in-law to press her luck and wait to see if Chase sends me a bill.

Based on this article, it implies guesting may still be unlimited, but it's also likely the article could be incorrect.

https://upgradedpoints.com/credit-ca...-pass-lounges/

Regardless, glad you were able to product change. Chase has better travel protections than Capital One, so I'm planning to keep this card long-term.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:54 pm

Yes, if you still have the card, login to your Chase account on the Chase App. Go to the Ritz Carlton Card, check card benefits, then explore lounges. Click on Digital membership Card to see your QR code for your Priority Pass membership, scroll down and under disclosures should have all the info about maximum guests info. (I would attach a pic, but screenshotting isn't allowed due to security issues)

And yes, this came directly from a Chase rep which even mentioning people abusing the unlimited guest benefits and even suggested the obvious work around. Add other family members so they too can invite +2 guests, etc etc.

There is a chance you could be grandfathered in, but I highly doubt it. Check my first paragraph to verify. I too am curious.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Yes, if you still have the card, login to your Chase account on the Chase App. Go to the Ritz Carlton Card, check card benefits, then explore lounges. Click on Digital membership Card to see your QR code for your Priority Pass membership, scroll down and under disclosures should have all the info about maximum guests info. (I would attach a pic, but screenshotting isn't allowed due to security issues)

And yes, this came directly from a Chase rep which even mentioning people abusing the unlimited guest benefits and even suggested the obvious work around. Add other family members so they too can invite +2 guests, etc etc.

There is a chance you could be grandfathered in, but I highly doubt it. Check my first paragraph to verify. I too am curious.
reading into the fine print, the entire thing seems to be referring to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which does have a 2 guest limit. They probably just used the same interface for the Ritz card and didn’t update the terms.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:59 pm

I noticed on the benefits page for Ritz card under the digital membership card for lounges it talks about scanning at sapphire lounge or priority pass lounge. Then in disclosures it mentions max 2 guests and words like its for sapphire reserve card. Does everyone have this on their card?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
reading into the fine print, the entire thing seems to be referring to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which does have a 2 guest limit. They probably just used the same interface for the Ritz card and didn’t update the terms.
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I agree. I confirmed with Chase via SM and they said it's still valid for all guests. There's no way they would make that change without informing cardholders.
Yesterday, my sister-in-law successfully brought herself, and 5 friends, into THE CLUB in Las Vegas. I have no additional charges from Chase, but, if that changes, I'll update the forum.

Originally Posted by Uacat7
I noticed on the benefits page for Ritz card under the digital membership card for lounges it talks about scanning at sapphire lounge or priority pass lounge. Then in disclosures it mentions max 2 guests and words like its for sapphire reserve card. Does everyone have this on their card?
Yes. For reference, see DreamHigh's comment above.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:11 pm

I have talked 3 chase reps(one while upgrading) regarding this and also sent an SM. All 4 confirmed +2 guests only and then $27 per guest after it.

My theory is that previous holders have grandfathered unlimited guesting privileges while new PCs are only allowed 2 guests. Chase(JP Morgan) probably don't want to go through the effort of changing all the material and updating previous card holders of this change so they grandfathered them in.

Nonetheless, at some point I will test this and see if I'll get charged. But unless all the Chase reps are wrong and them suggesting I just put the rest of my family as AUs and get +2 guests as a workaround being encouraged then I don't know, this could be a JP Morgan issue.

For now, it's not biggie to me as I do have a HH business card that has 10 extra passes that I can use in case I need to go over the 2 guests threshold. But hopefully we'll get more datapoints to confirm this or not. As well as more people upgrading to verify.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:15 am

I have talked 3 chase reps(one while upgrading) regarding this and also sent an SM. All 4 confirmed +2 guests only and then $27 per guest after it.

My theory is that previous holders have grandfathered unlimited guesting privileges while new PCs are only allowed 2 guests. Chase(JP Morgan) probably don't want to go through the effort of changing all the material and updating previous card holders of this change so they grandfathered them in.

Nonetheless, at some point I will test this and see if I'll get charged. But unless all the Chase reps are wrong and them suggesting I just put the rest of my family as AUs and get +2 guests as a workaround being encouraged then I don't know, this could be a JP Morgan issue.

For now, it's not biggie to me as I do have a HH business card that has 10 extra passes that I can use in case I need to go over the 2 guests threshold. But hopefully we'll get more datapoints to confirm this or not. As well as more people upgrading to verify.
I talked to my sister-in-law and she said they only swiped her card one time, but scanned all 6 boarding passes, so I'm not sure if it actually counts as 6 visits, or they may have just been nice in allowing them all in.

I would still add all your family members as authorized users, since we know AUs are still free and unlimited. It is rare that she travels without my brother, since I added them mainly so their entire family, 2 adults plus 4 kids, could enter.

I also know the virtual card numbers are different than the physical Priority Pass cards. She presented her physical card that she's had for 1+ years, so I am not sure if that makes a difference.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf

I also know the virtual card numbers are different than the physical Priority Pass cards. She presented her physical card that she's had for 1+ years, so I am not sure if that makes a difference.
That is a key difference that I noticed about this priority pass! I have PPs from Amex, USB and the physical number reflects the PP number on the credit card enrollment website as well as on the PP mobile App.

While the Ritz Carlon Physical card is a very long string of numbers as if it was a credit card itself, completely different from the PP mobile App as well as from the Chase mobile App(which are both identical and much shorter. Maybe this is the signifier that it is unlimited guests? Who knows, but that is the one peculiar thing I have noticed.

I also tried to activate the account through the regular PP activation and that site doesn't work. I have to go https://prioritypass.com/jpmdmc to activate it so that's interesting as well. All other PP cards I have were activated normally on PPs activation site, but this one is different.

All interesting and peculiar but like I said, we won't completely verify unless there's more datapoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.