Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Ali380
Where can you find the guest policy for a specific Priority Pass? I have a few of them from various credit cards want to make sure I am using the correct one.
Terms & Conditions, benefits guide, etc. - it depends by the card.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Terms & Conditions, benefits guide, etc. - it depends by the card.
I asked Chase if my Ritz card Priority Pass allows unlimited Guests, they directed to me the priority pass website for more information.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ali380
I asked Chase if my Ritz card Priority Pass allows unlimited Guests, they directed to me the priority pass website for more information.
Ask Chase again, but it's not really "unlimited guests", it's "no fee for any number of guests that the lounge will admit".
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:57 pm

Used my PP earlier this week in Rome and initially went in with my wife (she does not have her own PP card so she was a guest). I subsequently wanted to bring a couple of other people in (they were on our cruise and I found them at a gift shop in the terminal) and fortunately had found someone with a PP from the AMEX Platinum card (which I had not realized was free for active military, a recent West Point grad had overheard me saying that we wanted to bring other people in and volunteered to help me out).

It made me wonder what would have happened had I checked back into the same lounge with two guests after having checked in an hour or so earlier with one guest. Would Chase/PP figure out what was going on or wouldn't they care so long as I did not bring in more than two guests at the same time? I suppose they wouldn't be able to know that I hadn't left briefly and was checking in again with the same guest and one other person, right?

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 8, 2019 at 12:58 pm
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
The Art and Lounge is right next to the Air Tram so you can easily get on and get yourself back to the UA terminal... it wasnt bad... But I would still allocate 30 mins or so to get back to your flight.
Also flying United from Gate C at Newark/EWR. I have no access to United lounges.

Is this lounge worth it? How is food. I figure I'll have my taxi drop me at B, chill there for a bit hop on the tram and go to C? Or if flying from C, should I skip it? Given its landside I'll have to allow time for security . Flight is around 8:30pm but I do have TSA Pre so hoping security is not bad..
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
Also flying United from Gate C at Newark/EWR. I have no access to United lounges.

Is this lounge worth it? How is food. I figure I'll have my taxi drop me at B, chill there for a bit hop on the tram and go to C? Or if flying from C, should I skip it? Given its landside I'll have to allow time for security . Flight is around 8:30pm but I do have TSA Pre so hoping security is not bad..
I don’t think it’s really worth it. They have minimal stuff out. Last time I was there they were under construction too. But if you have time to kill and with TSA Pre check I would stop by.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have an LHR departure sunday and see there are a couple in terminal 3 where my flight is. I'll have access to the Virgin clubhouse and it's a great lounge. Is it worth checking the other lounges out that are PP members or am I better off at the Virgin lounge
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have an LHR departure sunday and see there are a couple in terminal 3 where my flight is. I'll have access to the Virgin clubhouse and it's a great lounge. Is it worth checking the other lounges out that are PP members or am I better off at the Virgin lounge
I'd just stick with the Virgin lounge. I haven't been to the Aspire lounge but have been to the No1 lounge a couple times and it's not bad, per se, but the food is lacking (you get to choose 1 heartier thing from a menu) and then graze on the buffet.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:01 am
mia

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
....access to the Virgin clubhouse and it's a great lounge. ....
How recently have you been there? It used to be furnished differently in various areas, but the last time I was there vast areas had been converted to restaurant style tables with chairs.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mia
How recently have you been there? It used to be furnished differently in various areas, but the last time I was there vast areas had been converted to restaurant style tables with chairs.
Mid December, 2018. They were still serving the menu breakfast and had the deli and large bar area. I don't think I walked through the whole club last trip I normally sit at the large counter type table by the deli area or use those large swings they have.
mia likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:52 pm

Toronto Terminal 1 US Transborder - Plaza Premium Lounge

I hadn't been in Toronto in a few years but I remembered the Plaza Premium lounge in the Air Canada US terminal as being a sizable, regularly crowded lounge. Plus there was self-pour alcohol and great tarmac views.

Wow, what a difference a few years makes. When I first walked up the dreaded sign was out declaring the lounge full. I came back about 20 minutes later and was able to get in. Then I saw the problem. The new Plaza Premium lounge is a shoe closet. It is no more than 10 feet wide at its widest and has no windows. With a layout like that it feels crowded no matter what. It was one of the least pleasant lounges I have been to. And this is no knock against the staff (who were trying their best to deal with the crowds) or the food offerings (which were actually quite good). It just was a tight, confined space with no views. And the self-pour alcohol was gone.

I just don't understand the decision making process in taking an already crowded lounge and making it smaller. Crowds are a major issue at PP lounges and it seems they are just actively trying to make it worse.

Just a heads up for anyone headed to YYZ.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:32 pm
mia

I believe this is a temporary lounge, see here:

YYZ T1 Transborder Lounge
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by mia
I believe this is a temporary lounge, see here:

YYZ T1 Transborder Lounge
That's good to know. I'm glad the format I saw is only temporary and isn't a sign of things to come.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Someone applied (yesterday) and was just approved (today) for the CSR -- her first Chase card. She doesn't currently have a Chase online account.

She wants to get the priority pass access ASAP, to use for an upcoming trip.

Is it true that she has to:

1. Wait for the physical CC to arrive in the mail (to get the CC #)
2. Use the CC # to sign up for a Chase online account, and activate PP
3. Wait for the physical PP card to arrive in the mail (to get the PP #)
4. Download the app and activate the digital card using the PP #

Waiting for 2 things to arrive in the mail, back-to-back, will probably take 3-4 weeks. Is there anything that I'm missing ... can this be expedited somehow?

I did notice that Chase lets you sign up for an online account with an application number. But the application number is nowhere to be found (not emailed, and not displayed during the application process)
Updating this with more recent DP: For both my new AmEx Platinum and CSR was able to get PP account numbers from CSRs long before physical cards arrived; I used my digital card while traveling to Korea without an issue.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo

I don’t think it’s really worth it. They have minimal stuff out. Last time I was there they were under construction too. But if you have time to kill and with TSA Pre check I would stop by.
It is very easy to stop there, if you have TSA. I stopped by on arrival and no one was there to check me in so I stayed for 30 minutes. Wanted to see if it was worth trying to come back on my outbound .

On my outbound I arrived very early relative to my flight at the airport hoping to get some work done in the lounge. Unfortunately they were not letting any PP members in between 330 and 930 pm. Was really disappointed . I was almost going to go through security at B to try the Virgin lounge but according to the PP app it closed at 5pm and it was 4.30pm . I had so much time I regret not trying because maybe 5pm is when they just stop letting in PP - I think it also depends on Virgin flights.

Really disappointed in PP availability in the US.

Last edited by jmsnyc; Jul 12, 2019 at 12:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.