Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:11 pm

Sapphire Reserve - Hidden lounge benefit

I came upon some potentially valuable info on lounge access, that doesn't seem be posted anywhere. I wanted to share this as it can help people on here. I recently was approved for a reserve card, but will probably not get the priority pass before I go on my next trip. I called in to ask if there is a way I can get the pass faster. Chase said no but there is a workaround. Apparently there is a hidden benefit on the card in that the reserve card allows up to two lounge passes a year to be charged to it, which will later be reimbursed by chase. So essentially I could just pay for a pass if I don't get it in time or I forget the Priority pass at home. What is even more interesting, is I asked if this only applies to priority pass lounges, and I received a response that I should only use the benefit on priority pass lounges, but it could potentially work on any lounge that codes as lounge access! Just wanted to share this and see if anyone has had experience with this.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Use Search this Thread with the term reimburse and you will find some previous discussion, such as THIS from January.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Jetsfan27
Sapphire Reserve - Hidden lounge benefit

I came upon some potentially valuable info on lounge access, that doesn't seem be posted anywhere. I wanted to share this as it can help people on here. I recently was approved for a reserve card, but will probably not get the priority pass before I go on my next trip. I called in to ask if there is a way I can get the pass faster. Chase said no but there is a workaround. Apparently there is a hidden benefit on the card in that the reserve card allows up to two lounge passes a year to be charged to it, which will later be reimbursed by chase. So essentially I could just pay for a pass if I don't get it in time or I forget the Priority pass at home. What is even more interesting, is I asked if this only applies to priority pass lounges, and I received a response that I should only use the benefit on priority pass lounges, but it could potentially work on any lounge that codes as lounge access! Just wanted to share this and see if anyone has had experience with this.
i think it goes against your travel credit though.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by BuBu4
i think it goes against your travel credit though.
It does not as I already got my $300 credit for the year and still got this reimbursement. It's a separate credit that you call for and get if you ever forget your PP card and ask for a reimbursement on a airport lounge charge. It only applies for one-day or shorter access fees, and there's no automated way to get it taken care, but Chase was happy to do over the phone in a matter of seconds.

fun fact: They can't tell if it's specifically a PP compatible lounge, because they honestly don't know much about who is a PP lounge, and their CC transactions are usually vague names (such as AIRPORT TERMINAL) -- You might be able to use it on a non-PP lounge as long as the CC transaction doesn't appear obviously non-PP (like Delta I guess)
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
But a lounge allowing pay per visit other than Centurion or a major airline lounge is probably a PP lounge to begin with.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by jsherm101
It does not as I already got my $300 credit for the year and still got this reimbursement. It's a separate credit that you call for and get if you ever forget your PP card and ask for a reimbursement on a airport lounge charge. It only applies for one-day or shorter access fees, and there's no automated way to get it taken care, but Chase was happy to do over the phone in a matter of seconds.

fun fact: They can't tell if it's specifically a PP compatible lounge, because they honestly don't know much about who is a PP lounge, and their CC transactions are usually vague names (such as AIRPORT TERMINAL) -- You might be able to use it on a non-PP lounge as long as the CC transaction doesn't appear obviously non-PP (like Delta I guess)
Right. What they meant: if you haven't hit $300 yet, it will automatically be reimbursed as part of that credit. Then you'll have harder time calling and asking for reimbursement since you already got one.

So you want to do it after you've exhausted the travel credit so they have to manually credit you.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
Right. What they meant: if you haven't hit $300 yet, it will automatically be reimbursed as part of that credit. Then you'll have harder time calling and asking for reimbursement since you already got one.

So you want to do it after you've exhausted the travel credit so they have to manually credit you.
Do up to two airline-operated lounge day pass visits get reimbursed too after having used up the $300 annual travel credit? It sounds like most such visits would show up as an airline charge and thus not work, but are there any major exceptions amongst those lounges which are airline-operated (and may or may not be PP lounges)?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:01 am

Does anyone know if priority pass can be used at the international terminal 'Coral Executive Lounge' at DMK (Bangkok Don Mueang)? priority pass website only lists the domestic terminal lounge, but an email to the coral executive lounge staff indicates that the international terminal lounge also allows priority pass. However I wanted to see if anyone could confirm this from experience.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by dj903jd
Does anyone know if priority pass can be used at the international terminal 'Coral Executive Lounge' at DMK (Bangkok Don Mueang)? priority pass website only lists the domestic terminal lounge, but an email to the coral executive lounge staff indicates that the international terminal lounge also allows priority pass. However I wanted to see if anyone could confirm this from experience.
Its listed
https://www.prioritypass.com/es/Loun...ecutive-Lounge
Old May 2, 2017, 10:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dj903jd
...priority pass website only lists the domestic terminal lounge, but an email to the coral executive lounge staff indicates that the international terminal lounge also allows priority pass. .
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
Its listed
Yes, but the listing states Domestic departures only. dj903jd is asking if Priority Pass is also accepted the lounge in the international terminal.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:16 am

Priority pass sucks now at lax. Only lounges available are international and terminal six since the rearrangement of airlines. Card is pointless if you're not flying international or terminal six and a waste time going through security checks to walk to different terminals
Old May 18, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by monet33
Priority pass sucks now at lax. Only lounges available are international and terminal six since the rearrangement of airlines. Card is pointless if you're not flying international or terminal six and a waste time going through security checks to walk to different terminals
Aren't all the south terminals and TBIT linked together airside now? Delta and Southwest might be an issue but the other major domestic airlines shouldn't be per this document.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:55 am

You still have to be bussed to different terminals and them back to your original terminal so it's a hassle and waste of time. Plus air Canada is not accepting priority pass anymore and Alaska will deny you when it's "busy".

air Canada

Last edited by monet33; May 18, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old May 18, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by tmiw
Aren't all the south terminals and TBIT linked together airside now? Delta and Southwest might be an issue but the other major domestic airlines shouldn't be per this document.
Yep. One can walk behind security from 8 all the way to TBIT.

With some legwork, both the Alaska and KAL lounges are available at LAX.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sechs
Yep. One can walk behind security from 8 all the way to TBIT.

With some legwork, both the Alaska and KAL lounges are available at LAX.
^ The southside is covered, but I agree the closure of the VX Loft and the Air Canada MLL are unfortunate developments for PP at LAX. The KAL Lounge has restricted hours (doesn't open to PP until noon I believe), and the Alaska lounge no longer allows guests AND has issues with capacity (though supposedly not as bad as in SEA and PDX... though with VX having moved to T6 now and VX Gold and First Class passengers having complimentary access through the end of the year, we'll see how much more crowded it gets).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.