Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017 | 11:24 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
... Virgin Lounge which is one of the nicest lounges I've been in when flying out of Europe.
Ambiance of the LHR Clubhouse is very different after recent refurbishment.
Old Jul 20, 2017 | 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by mia
Ambiance of the LHR Clubhouse is very different after recent refurbishment.
Oh no. What happened? Clubhouse is one of the very few reasons I dont mind to pay the LHR extortion taxes if I opt to fly out of LHR.

The SkyTeam's lounge at T3? is very nice, especially the upper level where it seems not known to many probably because the elevator to go up is outside. Inside there is only stairs. People with luggage probably would not be bothered to go up. It has same offerings as downstairs but much much quieter.
Old Jul 20, 2017 | 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Happy
Oh no. What happened? Clubhouse is one of the very few reasons I dont mind to pay the LHR extortion taxes if I opt to fly out of LHR.

The SkyTeam's lounge at T3? is very nice, especially the upper level where it seems not known to many probably because the elevator to go up is outside. Inside there is only stairs. People with luggage probably would not be bothered to go up. It has same offerings as downstairs but much much quieter.
There isn't a ST lounge at T3, it's T4. Delta GM's have access to the no1 lounge. Diamonds and Business class customers have access to the Virgin Clubhouse (both the departure and arrival lounges) and not sure if Platinums have access to the clubhouse or if it is limited to the No1 Lounge.

I used both the Clubhouse at Departure and the arrivals lounge upon landing just a few weeks ago (did a long July 4 weekend there) and both lounges were great. Especially the clubhouse for departure.

I decided to sleep through the breakfast service in flight and no issues getting a shower room immediately at the arrivals lounge and decent breakfast menu.

Departure the lounge was great. No issues at all finding a seat and a really good selection on the menu (everything was comped) and table service and the service was great. I thought the big chair swings they had were pretty cool in the first room as well. They also had a "deli" area with lighter food. I didn't have any alcohol since it was morning but looked like a great selection of beverages at the bar.
Old Jul 20, 2017 | 2:18 pm

My PP that I have throughy my CSR expires on 11/2017. I haven't seen this yet but does having CSR give you the benefit of annual PP memberships or is it a one year only thing?
Old Jul 20, 2017 | 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
There isn't a ST lounge at T3, it's T4. Delta GM's have access to the no1 lounge. Diamonds and Business class customers have access to the Virgin Clubhouse (both the departure and arrival lounges) and not sure if Platinums have access to the clubhouse or if it is limited to the No1 Lounge.

I used both the Clubhouse at Departure and the arrivals lounge upon landing just a few weeks ago (did a long July 4 weekend there) and both lounges were great. Especially the clubhouse for departure.

I decided to sleep through the breakfast service in flight and no issues getting a shower room immediately at the arrivals lounge and decent breakfast menu.

Departure the lounge was great. No issues at all finding a seat and a really good selection on the menu (everything was comped) and table service and the service was great. I thought the big chair swings they had were pretty cool in the first room as well. They also had a "deli" area with lighter food. I didn't have any alcohol since it was morning but looked like a great selection of beverages at the bar.
Sorry for the failing memory on the SkyTeam lounge at LHR.

But why mia said the Clubhouse has a different feel after the refurbishment?

I dont particularly like the Virgin's seat (much prefer the reversed version though arguably it was Virgin to introduce the concept to have the slander arrangement versus the traditional rows. I feel the NZ version is more comfortable than VS version, which also looked worn on the MIA-LHR route.
But their Clubhouse is in their own league.

The Clubhouse and the TK's lounge at IST are the rare bleed of "fun" lounges among all airlines lounges. We really like them.
Old Jul 20, 2017 | 4:07 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
But why mia said the Clubhouse has a different feel after the refurbishment?
Brief explanation here, beginning post 618:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post28392613
Old Jul 21, 2017 | 2:46 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ginmqi
My PP that I have throughy my CSR expires on 11/2017. I haven't seen this yet but does having CSR give you the benefit of annual PP memberships or is it a one year only thing?
It was not an introductory benefit so it should be renewed as long as Chase offer it and your CSR card is valid.
Old Jul 21, 2017 | 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by mia
Brief explanation here, beginning post 618:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post28392613
Oh crap. I hate that when a lounge looks more like a restaurant than a lounge with areas for different purposes including some quiet and relaxed areas.

This is unfortunate due to the influx of DL passengers.

It takes away one of the justifications to pay the high LHR departure extortion fees on the long haul.

Need to study VS route map on flights from LHR to Europe and see if I can piece an itinerary next time that avoids KLM/AF as well as AZ so to stay at T3 for the connection.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 21, 2017 at 2:17 pm Reason: correction on the terminal.
Old Jul 21, 2017 | 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Oh crap. I hate that when a lounge looks more like a restaurant than a lounge with areas for different purposes including some quiet and relaxed areas.

This is unfortunate due to the influx of DL passengers.

It takes away one of the justifications to pay the high LHR departure extortion fees on the long haul.

Need to study VS route map on flights from LHR to Europe and see if I can piece an itinerary next time that avoids KLM/AF as well as AZ so to stay at T4 for the connection.
Doesn't KLM and Airfrance still use T4 at LHR? I thought that is why they still had the Skyteam lounge at T4.

I thought the Virgin Clubhouse was very nice when I was there July 3. I really didn't notice restaurant feel at all unless you consider the area up front to a restaurant vibe with the really long wide bar type table which I really liked because I was able to spread myself out to get some work done. The upstairs looked like it was pretty quiet.

I'll take the clubhouse over the Skyteam lounge at T4 any day and that was the biggest advantage to Delta moving the DTW flights from T4 to T3 for me. I preferred the T3 Delta arrivals lounge though over the Virgin arrivals lounge when landing at T3 when I would fly in from JFK. No wait at all to use the upperdeck security entrance (I hate having to use the nudoscope though over the magnometer but since no one in line not a big deal). The Clubhouse has pretty tight entrance requirements where the T4 sky team lounge allows all sky priority passengers access as well as guest and they allow priority pass (and I believe some other type of high credit card) swipes where the Clubhouse is limited to J class passengers and higher tier passengers and I don't think Diamonds are allowed to guest anyone in at the Clubhouse. I also like that they make flight announcements at the Clubhouse (although I wish they would make the announcements when flights are ready for boarding like they do at the Skyclubs instead of final boarding)

Downfall to this though is as someone who flies out of DTW several times a month late afternoons/early evenings it means Virgin customers have access to the DTW skyclubs during peak hours.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:28 am
Old Jul 24, 2017 | 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
My PP that I have throughy my CSR expires on 11/2017.
Your PP card expires on 11/2017, not your PP membership. They'll send you a new card. Your PP membership expires when you cancel your CSR.
Old Jul 24, 2017 | 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the removal of the escape lounge at MSP for PP members, we now get a $15 credit at the PGA lounge at MSP that can be used for food and beverages or towards the golfing experience. I'd rather have that than the Escape lounge access
Old Jul 24, 2017 | 11:38 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
I get denied more often than not trying to use PP, usually due to lounge overcrowding. Yes, I'm one of the CSR people, although PP was not a motivation when I applied for the CSR. And that's a good thing, because being denied four times out of five makes it a pretty worthless benefit.

I realize lounge capacity is limited, and I do believe PP may have been a victim of Chase's success with the CSR, but as it stands right now, the PP program is a bit of an embarrassment.
Old Jul 25, 2017 | 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't have data and I'll freely admit to answering a(n implicit) question with a question, but by the same token, do you have data supporting the claim that many new CSR holders already had PP access through another product? vs. how many people who maybe weren't travelers/likely PP users jumped on the CSR for the 100k bonus and started using PP because they now had it?

Is there a plausible alternate explanation for relatively sudden/recent increased crowding that caused AS and Escape Lounge to start barring PP?
Umm, yes. Chase is not the only bank heavily promoting its premium cards and many of the others include PP benefits. Plus AS lounge usage expanded dramatically in certain locations when VX was absorbed (IMO VX has a clientele that is more likely to use lounges than even AS customers). As for the Escape Lounge, it appears that Amex signed an exclusive deal with Escape that freezes out Priority Pass - that has nothing to do with Chase.

I think the burden of proof should be on the person advocating the theory, i.e. prove God exists rather than prove he doesn't

Originally Posted by missamo80
CSR provided more generous guest benefits than any of the previously-issued options, and combined with the Citi Prestige offering (with entire family allowed in), it dramatically increased the use of the already cramped lounges.

There's plenty of discussion about it over at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...b-c-space.html. Those of us who fly through SeaTac regularly have seen the effects first-hand with the frequent turning away of PP members, followed by the new policy of no guests allowed.
I've had the same guest benefits with other Chase products, so I don't think that's a big factor. As for the cramped lounges, AS SEA-TAC was packed well before Chase - again I think due to the influx of VX passengers and due to PP pre-existing commitments. Maybe there was a time when AS wasn't full and happy to take money from PP, but obviously that is not the case anymore. AS schedule has also ramped up over the years...

It's easy to blame the new customers, but the fact is that PP's presence in the USA has been declining for years, as UA/CO and others began to bail out after consolidation filled their lounges. So it makes sense that AS would follow that pattern. While I am disappointed about Escape, there is not much we can do if Amex decides to pay a premium for exclusivity.

Originally Posted by txviking
I realize lounge capacity is limited, and I do believe PP may have been a victim of Chase's success with the CSR, but as it stands right now, the PP program is a bit of an embarrassment.
Maybe for customers who fly within the USA, but it's a different story internationally. I've never been turned away (which unfortunately is not the case at *A lounges). PP is a huge plus overseas and particularly in third world hellholes

Last edited by Boraxo; Jul 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Old Jul 26, 2017 | 2:48 pm

I've been to the PP lounges in Dallas, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Chengdu, and Seoul and Seoul and have never been denied access. Of course the lounges are disappointing when compared to the airlines lounge and the one at DFW was very small.
Old Jul 26, 2017 | 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I've been to the PP lounges in Dallas, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Chengdu, and Seoul and Seoul and have never been denied access. Of course the lounges are disappointing when compared to the airlines lounge and the one at DFW was very small.
The denials are based on capacity control. None of the lounges you visited have had the problem of capacity even the one in DFW.

There is a dedicated thread in the AS forum on how the AS lounges in the whole system have denied PP access to now a formal policy of only admitting the card holder, WHEN the capacity allowed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...b-c-space.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.